Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Law town factory store...size 10+ much better selection. 30% off makes a 997/998 ect $69!! Got the blancos for an amigo and I got 4 pairs myself. 30 day return policy on returns.

Jealous...but great pickups my good sir! REPPED!

I'm curious how the creasing are on those? I always wanted a full Horween leather 998 .

I haven't had any issues with creasing on these 998 BESP's. Again, I am also OCD with my sneakers and toe boxes so I try and keep all my sneakers toe boxes in prestine condition if you can tell by my pictures (I walk, like how Paul Wall drives; slow homie). The only leather sneakers I've had issues with undesirable creasing are those cheap Jordan 1 OG lows. My 2013 Nike OG Jordan 1"Royals" have a nice crease to them. I hope this paragraph put some perspective on the Horween leather quality.

I haven't had any issues with creasing on these 998 BESP's. Again, I am also OCD with my sneakers and toe boxes so I try and keep all my sneakers toe boxes in prestine condition if you can tell by my pictures (I walk, like how Paul Wall drives; slow homie). The only leather sneakers I've had issues with undesirable creasing are those cheap Jordan 1 OG lows. My 2013 Nike OG Jordan 1"Royals" have a nice crease to them. I hope this paragraph put some perspective on the Horween leather quality.

Are you accusing Nike/Jordan of using anything less than the highest of quality materials??

Yeah I only have the ugly pair of Horween 998's, the ones from the first run with the hideous yellow "piping" on the back of the leather. But i can confirm they are AMAZING quality (also no problems with creasing, though my shoes always have shoe trees in them when off my feet). I got them for $54 at my local outlet (originally retailed for $400 mind you). This quality, for that price, is something to behold. I will hopefully be scooping these, much better looking, Horween 998's at a large discount sometime in the near future. If you are even a halfway serious NB head, and don't own a pair of all Horween sneakers, do yourself a favor and buy some soon. (at a large discount of course).

Are you accusing Nike/Jordan of using anything less than the highest of quality materials??

:lol:

Yeah I only have the ugly pair of Horween 998's, the ones from the first run with the hideous yellow "piping" on the back of the leather. But i can confirm they are AMAZING quality (also no problems with creasing, though my shoes always have shoe trees in them when off my feet). I got them for $54 at my local outlet (originally retailed for $400 mind you). This quality, for that price, is something to behold. I will hopefully be scooping these, much better looking, Horween 998's at a large discount sometime in the near future. If you are even a halfway serious NB head, and don't own a pair of all Horween sneakers, do yourself a favor and buy some soon. (at a large discount of course).

Yessir! I was bummed about not securing the 998 WD's, but happy I got these 998's BESP for $200.​

Huge huge shout out @moshepark for the assist!
I'm glad they made it safely. The newer 1500 shape, the materials, the color way.... everything is so on point about these. I'm still super freaking salty that guy sent me the wrong size but I'm glad they went to a good home. Enjoy, homie!

On the topic of black friday sales, not sure if anyone has noticed but the Packer website has not had a recent NB model put on the webstore in a while which is really surprising given the fact they're a major NB account. My gut says that they're waiting until after their 50% Black Friday sale to put them all up so they don't lose tons of $. Makes pure business sense but I'm still bummed.

Back
Top Bottom