Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Same. Go through every lace hole and double knot. It gets somewhat ok.

Run the laces through the final two holes twice. One downside is wider lace holes.

Another 997.5 collab? :nerd:

Similar to tassie sample
Would snatch this up pronto if it's miUSA.

Last edited:
I have these and they aren't nearly worth that pricetag. Not going to tell you what to spend your money on though, obviously. I'd sell to you, but mine are kind of beat :wow:

Word homie. I just love the color-blocking & blue accents on the midsole. I'll just save my money I guess. See what's good with the 991.5 YP. :nerd:

I gotta say I am surprised that soany shops sold out of the 247! The best part is that as of this posting there is less than 50 listings on the bay so they got into hands of the NB Cartel!

I am really glad the 247 did so well. These were not a GR by any means from what I gather. NB stores got 10 pairs per color. Really bummed they dont work for my wide feet.

Run the laces through the final two holes twice. One downside is wider lace holes.

Similar to tassie sample
Would snatch this up pronto if it's miUSA.
Tassie samples literally look nothing like those 400ml 997.5s...

Last edited:
Local still has 247's sitting in a lot of sizes in every colourway but I'm super on the fence about it - I would have copped the F&F in a heartbeat if it was a GR, 
ohwell.gif

Local still has 247's sitting in a lot of sizes in every colourway but I'm super on the fence about it - I would have copped the F&F in a heartbeat if it was a GR, 
ohwell.gif
+1...  the F&F CW is way better.  I just wish they had better materials.  A saw someone rip the tongue on a pair today where the tongue patch was stitched.

I am really glad the 247 did so well. These were not a GR by any means from what I gather. NB stores got 10 pairs per color. Really bummed they dont work for my wide feet.

I didn't really understand your review earlier in the fit of the 247. I would think wide feet would fill up the toe box more, not the other way around??? I have a wide foot also. Makes me go up 1/2 size too. Love the black pair, but don't want clown shoes. Lol.

i learnt it here: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/agletheatshrink.htm

pretty straightforward i think

Also unpopular opinion but 247s look really weird and i am not a fan
I'm holding final call till I can hold a pair in hand. I agree with previous comments about the toe box and what not. They marketed the crap out of these, all the major botique shops blew up IG and twitter about these, on the home pages, launch parties...100% the first time Cncpts or FB do this model x collab it going to blow up!

Really not liking any of the 247 colorways besides the friends and family ones.. I can see some awesome stuff coming that way though. It is good to see NB get some hype from non retro shoes though. I feel like this year I'm done buying hyped stuff from nike or adidas anyway..

On to a question, on the 998 how are you guys lacing them? the last 3 eyelets looks like you should pick just one, I picked the middle and seems to lace easiest but little long on the laces.

Pic of the Midnight Moons I bought, really liking these!

I didn't really understand your review earlier in the fit of the 247. I would think wide feet would fill up the toe box more, not the other way around??? I have a wide foot also. Makes me go up 1/2 size too. Love the black pair, but don't want clown shoes. Lol.
Sorry for any confusion. Usually if you've got wide feet it means that the length of the shoe will not be proportionate to the width of the shoe since you usually size up in order to accommodate the width. The 247 is long and narrow- it's for those who have narrow to normal width feet. For those folks it'll fit fine. But if you're wide footed, unless you size up you won't be able to get these on. And when you do find a pair that fits, chances are that you'll have a good inch or so of room in the toe box. There's no way around it, this iteration of the 247 (because of the leather make up) is super tight. Hope that makes sense! Always best to try it on for yourself.

I'm holding final call till I can hold a pair in hand. I agree with previous comments about the toe box and what not. They marketed the crap out of these, all the major botique shops blew up IG and twitter about these, on the home pages, launch parties...100% the first time Cncpts or FB do this model x collab it going to blow up!
I agree, it seems like they're pushing this model hard. I can totally see NB pushing the 247 with collabs this year and people going crazy if shops like Concepts or Kith come out with collabs.  In my opinion that would be a huge disappointment unless they paired the collabs it with a retro model (kinda like the way they did it with the Offspring 576/1500 Reengineered pack). Either way it's money saved for me!

Really not liking any of the 247 colorways besides the friends and family ones.. I can see some awesome stuff coming that way though. It is good to see NB get some hype from non retro shoes though. I feel like this year I'm done buying hyped stuff from nike or adidas anyway..

On to a question, on the 998 how are you guys lacing them? the last 3 eyelets looks like you should pick just one, I picked the middle and seems to lace easiest but little long on the laces.

Pic of the Midnight Moons I bought, really liking these!
Nice pickup! If I had the chance to pickup these up again I think I'd pull the trigger. A lot nicer in person than stock pics. As for 998 lacing, it's pure preference but I use all three of those top lace holes as I don't like the long lace look. If you want to use only one of them and have the tongue stick out more you can always try @mykoh's method of shortening laces that he posted recently.

Nice pickup! If I had the chance to pickup these up again I think I'd pull the trigger. A lot nicer in person than stock pics. As for 998 lacing, it's pure preference but I use all three of those top lace holes as I don't like the long lace look. If you want to use only one of them and have the tongue stick out more you can always try @mykoh's method of shortening laces that he posted recently.
Definitely, I do not like the look of them very much on j crew's website. I wasn't sold on the white tongue til I actually got them in hand and I love it now. I love the off white interior too. I still think I see why the 997 moonshots got more credit, its a 997, off white/beige was really big last year and I think they pulled the whole "moon" them a little better but these are just great navy and white kicks!

For long laces, just buy clear heat shrink tubing, cut it to your aglet size, place it to desired location on the shoelace and shrink it using a heat gun. Cut off the excess lace and you have yourself the perfect length. i've done it many times and it works great!
I have tried to find clear hear shrink tubing for this purpose. Where do you find it, and what diameter tubing works best/matches an aglet size when shrunk?

Last edited:
I have tried to find clear hear shrink tubing for this purpose. Where do you find it, and what diameter tubing works best/matches an aglet size when shrunk?
Might I suppose to order/buy shorter laces? Well is you have 50 pairs plus color matching...yeah I guess....I jsut tuck em in or just roll with it. I make **** look fly not the other say around :smile:

Back
Top Bottom