Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

You think if NB didn't get every big boutique to hype the 247 it would of been as hyped and sold out? I feel like a few of the big ones probably had something to do with it from NB, then if you were getting the shoes and didn't also make a hundred instagram posts you weren't keeping up with the bigger more popular boutiques.

You think if NB didn't get every big boutique to hype the 247 it would of been as hyped and sold out? I feel like a few of the big ones probably had something to do with it from NB, then if you were getting the shoes and didn't also make a hundred instagram posts you weren't keeping up with the bigger more popular boutiques.

I honestly think NB didn't even sell out, I wouldn't put it past them to fake a sell out. I love NB but these 247 just look god awful, the materials look terrible, they look weird on foot and for it seems like a lot of people who saw them in hand weren't impressed either.

I honestly think NB didn't even sell out, I wouldn't put it past them to fake a sell out. I love NB but these 247 just look god awful, the materials look terrible, they look weird on foot and for it seems like a lot of people who saw them in hand weren't impressed either.
I disagree. Not sure what NB has to gain doing fake sell-outs and it seems pointless to speculate on this and it doesn't really contribute anything to the thread. They're not a boutique like Kith or Concepts that does these fake sell-outs to drive hype. They slowly sold out of the Surplus Pack online and only "restocked" once they started getting pairs returned to them both from customers as well as NB retail stores that had stock sitting. The 247 hype is real and legit.

Whether you like the model or not is your opinion (and I respect that) but I don't think it's necessary to knock on NB for trying to push a new model that they believe in. It seems like overall the reception's actually been really positive (NB Flagship Store in Boston had already sold a lot of pairs by the time I got there 1 hour after open on Saturday). That can only be a good thing for the brand overall. And I'd also suggest you reserving judgment until you actually see the shoe. Not sure why people are ******** on how "terrible" the materials look solely from pictures, they're actually quite nice in hand.

I have tried to find clear hear shrink tubing for this purpose. Where do you find it, and what diameter tubing works best/matches an aglet size when shrunk?
i think 4mm tubing would be good.

i bought mine off the bay, but i'm sure any hardware store would carry it as well

I disagree. Not sure what NB has to gain doing fake sell-outs and it seems pointless to speculate on this and it doesn't really contribute anything to the thread. They're not a boutique like Kith or Concepts that does these fake sell-outs to drive hype. They slowly sold out of the Surplus Pack online and only "restocked" once they started getting pairs returned to them both from customers as well as NB retail stores that had stock sitting. The 247 hype is real and legit.

Whether you like the model or not is your opinion (and I respect that) but I don't think it's necessary to knock on NB for trying to push a new model that they believe in. It seems like overall the reception's actually been really positive (NB Flagship Store in Boston had already sold a lot of pairs by the time I got there 1 hour after open on Saturday). That can only be a good thing for the brand overall. And I'd also suggest you reserving judgment until you actually see the shoe. Not sure why people are ******** on how "terrible" the materials look solely from pictures, they're actually quite nice in hand.

I'm not multiple people have mentioned the materials are not great at all and the fit is very funny. I have actually been on NB.com a lot they often say shoes sell out and then put them back up or make there way to the factory store. NB is clearly trying to build a lot of hype with all the parties. Everything NB touches doesn't have to turn to gold, I just think NB is over playing the hype. It's a thread so I can speak my opinion even if its not boosting how great their product is, the shoe really doesn't have much, the materials aren't great, the shape is very funny, and the cushioning system isn't great either. The shoe is very over hyped and I am just pointing it out, you can step off NB's jock because this shoe is a step away from the quality, comfort and options they have offered for lifestyle products in the past. I get they are trying to offer new options but at least adidas is offering great new comfort with their new "lifestyle" runners. I just think NB needs to go back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
There's an ebay listing for the M1500TG for ~$130 from Europe...are these worth that price? These came out before the recent wave of 1500s with the new shape, no? Anyone have these that can comment on how they look out of the box?

Thanks all

What new shape? Newest 1500 I've picked up are NO's which dropped around the same times as the TG's, both of which look like they have the same shape as recent stuff like Taxis, Surplus, Yard, etcetc.

What new shape? Newest 1500 I've picked up are NO's which dropped around the same times as the TG's, both of which look like they have the same shape as recent stuff like Taxis, Surplus, Yard, etcetc.
My bad, for some reason I thought the TG were older than that

Finally copped 577yp and 990v2(jp cw) in Hanon!!!!
They do free shipping on all NB.
Anyone?

just to clarify, i agree with both sides of the fence. personally, i tried on the 247 a few weeks back. i liked it and thought the materials were excellent and the shoe was comfy. at the same time,  there is a bit of "over-hype" around the model and in the end i never got a pair. 

just wanted to chime in and say that i checked the NB stock levels on our system yesterday when i was at work, and yes there are random sizes here and there and yes maybe the site will restock a few sizes here and there as returns or exchanges come in, but the fact is, yes, the first round of 247s in leather is pretty much sold out at this point and no full size runs restocks are going to happen. 

Finally copped 577yp and 990v2(jp cw) in Hanon!!!!
They do free shipping on all NB.
Anyone?
What? Free shipping on NB? Seriously?

Side bar: the 997 x Deal...they growing on me :smile: 

Anybody know where they will be stocked US or EU?  I can only imagine the slow boat from China shipping charges. 

What? Free shipping on NB? Seriously?

Side bar: the 997 x Deal...they growing on me :smile: 

Anybody know where they will be stocked US or EU?  I can only imagine the slow boat from China shipping charges. 

Sites say a global release but haven't heard of any Eu or US stores claiming they will have them. Last year all Chinese 997.5 stayed over there and vice versa with the US made 997.5..Hopefully the new year will change that. Asian 997.5 have been gettin very creative and crazy with the packaging and materials used. They all aren't fire IMO but it's nice to see them pushing the envelope.

Bought pair of 577 tender. Went with sz I've been buying lately and my feet are swimming in them. Seem to be about whole sz to big. First NB that's made in England. Been wanting some made in USA. Do the 997 996 fit like these 577?

Bought pair of 577 tender. Went with sz I've been buying lately and my feet are swimming in them. Seem to be about whole sz to big. First NB that's made in England. Been wanting some made in USA. Do the 997 996 fit like these 577?
Got an orange pair of the English Tenders and it's also a bit big but wearable for me if I lace them up with all the holes. 996/7/8 for me are all pretty much TTS though.

Hey guys, looking for a pair of Kennedy 999 New balances size 11-13. DM me if you have a pair for sale or know where I can get a pair.

Thanks again moshepark moshepark for the heads up. I wound up liking these even more in hand... and so does my wife, haha! Need to go back and see if I can grab her a pair.

That 247 model is trash IMO. Definitely doesn't represent how dope nb lifestyle product is. I wouldn't care if they sold out in seconds the 247 is a magic Johnson no LOOK PASS!!!!!

YES YES Ya'll!! Glad you scored a pair...sorry about the bigness. I'm an 8 in everything other than PK NMD(That entire new adidas Boost sizing was a nightmare!) and they fit me fine. I like a med tight ish feel of my picks. I can make a 8.5 work with insoles and socks if I REALLY like the shoe and can go .5 down in 998s if need be as well.

Hope you find you size. I got mad love for the 577 ETP!!

That 247 model is trash IMO. Definitely doesn't represent how dope nb lifestyle product is. I wouldn't care if they sold out in seconds the 247 is a magic Johnson no LOOK PASS!!!!!

While i am not a fan of the 247s as well, I can appreciate how NB is trying to innovate and introduce new models. They can't just keep reusing models. So it's definitely a step in the right direction at least.

I don't get the hate on the 247. I'm personally not a NB guy, but I picked these up and am very happy with how they fit/look. The black and brown combo looks sick imo. The fit is awesome and this is coming from mostly ultra boosts. The price was right too at $120.

Yes there might have been hype around these, but I don't think that it should take away from the sneaker. They are super comfy at a great price point and I can't wait till the weather gets nicer to wear these.

Back
Top Bottom