Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

the v2 is a retro. once they came out with the v4 the v3 was done. there's only #0-9 to work with so once they got up to 999 they had to start back at zero.

not a fan of the reissue 530's, nor the St. Judes colorway, but at least part of the proceeds benefit charity...cant hate on that, at all

this is the order of 990 releases (excluding 995-999) :

990v2
990v3
990v4

No you are right, they did stop producing the Zante v2 when the v3 came out. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The 990 is a little weird in that the v4 is the newest version but they have still come out with a few v2s and v3s. I guess there is enough demand for NB to continue to produce those models, I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's because those others are purely performance shoes that release a new version every year and by looking at this wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Balance_99X_Series) it looks like the v2 was released in 1998 so I guess it's more of a retro?
ahh makes sense. I guess I could have researched it myself lol but thanks for the info :smile:

IMG_5720.PNG
IMG_5721.PNG
IMG_5722.PNG
IMG_5723.PNG
Some serious heat dropping 'soon'.

Me too considering DTLR are doing presales for them right now.

Interesting. I saw them on sneakerbardetroit. I will look them up and see what's what with them. How are they doing presales, or where? You think they will sell out immediately?

Last edited:
Not sure how many of you guys heard, but I just read that Gary Warnett passed away. True OG in the game. Real sad news and a huge loss for the culture and community.

https://sneakernews.com/2017/09/27/gary-warnett-has-passed-away/

Really sad day. Saw that earlier on IG. Dude was a great contributor for many years. Kept up with him via the blog and IG after his CT days. Not NB related but he had an interview on the High Snobiety podcast earlier in the year. AM1 focused but a solid listen for fans of Gary. He also had an episode on the Classic Kicks podcast too.

Back
Top Bottom