Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I know everyone is all Hiyannis'd out but finally got around to taking pics...

dcbvit.jpg

Nice pic. Still on the hunt for a pair with that box in an 11.5/12 to go with my Blues

I got the Flimby 991 in today and just can't get down with it. I got it on SNS's black friday sale, so if someone wants it for a great price, HMU. Size 10.

63000jpy for the boot and 36000jpy for the 995. The previous ones were priced very high but the 585 are covered mostly by horween leather......I got lucky and scored the 585 at 120usd at the mad Concepts sale earlier this year. Really satisfied.
75d20764aedc0dcc8cecfed6110f0912.gif

If my calculations are correct, and assuming Google isn't lying to my face, that means the boots are $563? Whoa. Lol

75d20764aedc0dcc8cecfed6110f0912.gif

If my calculations are correct, and assuming Google isn't lying to my face, that means the boots are $563? Whoa. Lol
I am afraid you are right in the ball park. MiUS and MiUK NBs are always priced pretty high in Japan. The boots looks really nice but for absolutely not for 500usd

if the 990 v3 (or v4) are hurting your feet during runs, then im assuming you have a high arch...that shoe is meant for people with low arches

i'm not sure if its high or low since i dont know what to compare it to. the pain was mostly the outer, rear areas of my feet. I have a tendency to under pronate if i don't actively correct my form and i end up with shin splits or (what I think) is onset plantar. After that experience, i realized I need to stick more neutral, but super cushioned shoes till I can get the weight down.

Is it hypebeast of me to say that this makes me want to try and cop a pair of Danner boots
I think the difference is in why you would want to. I think they look good and I have noticed as of late wanting to get more boots and chill on sneakers.......

Was so excited to get my 1st pair of NBs. Some clown decided to mix up the colors. Ordered the , but got these.

Will email em tomorrow and give them my 2cents.

Ehh these are alright. #summmmamaBish

Rant over.

I need C-notes to drop again.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1892075084.jpg
    Snapchat-1892075084.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 48
So a 9 or 9.5? Just want to clarify since tts means different things to different people.

Unless you are a true D width or wide I would recommend the narrow if your buying one of the colors that comes in a B width. I have two pairs of the 990v4 and both of them are narrow. Not only do the narrow have more of an aesthetic look they also fit more snug and break in like a glove. This is a wider last than most of the made in usa retro models and also has a wide roomy toe box. The only exception is the black and grey pair which for some reason fits tighter than the others I can only assume that the dyeing process for the suede shrinks the materials when they dry.

i'm not sure if its high or low since i dont know what to compare it to. the pain was mostly the outer, rear areas of my feet. I have a tendency to under pronate if i don't actively correct my form and i end up with shin splits or (what I think) is onset plantar. After that experience, i realized I need to stick more neutral, but super cushioned shoes till I can get the weight down.

The 990 series has a 12mm drop which is the difference in height from heel to toe, this is a VERY high drop for a running shoe. Most running shoes almost 90% are in the 6 to 8 mm range. When you consider how this affects your running gait and couple that with the added weight of the 990 my guess is this is just too much shoe for you to run in.

Is it hypebeast of me to say that this makes me want to try and cop a pair of Danner boots
There are a bunch of other brands that make boots in a similar style. Diemme, paraboot, danner, monclear, yuketen, Viberg (my personal favorite) which can all be had for way below retail if you check around when the time is right.

I buy off ssense and mr porter a lot and they have good sales so keep an eye out.

Yeah. Danner boots are really nice. But if I'm spending $500 on boots, I'm definitely getting a nice pair of Alden's.

Back
Top Bottom