***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

^ yeah for sure. according to our main beat writer, this move was some sort of message sending to the team to get focused and get it together:

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
I thought earlier this week, based on the loss, Belichick could release a bigger name to send a message. He surely did that w/ Thompkins.

Pretty bummed out at KT's release,he never really got a chance to do much this season. Hopefully Dobson and Tyms can pick up the slack. Hopefully the team responds well to whichever message BB is trying to send.

it makes no ******* sense at all...it's almost like they're looking for ways to sabotage the team so we struggle, brady looks bad, and then they can trade brady and save money by playing Jimmy G. i'm reaching obviously, but that's what it looks like.
Marc Bertrand @Marc_Bertrand
"I have a lot of confidence in him, a lot of trust. He’€™s a great guy. It’€™s fun to be out there with him." - TB12 on Thompkins in July.
nah that's what it looks like 
mean.gif

like I've stated before.......I'm a Brady fan first and this **** has me livid. I get on a ******* gambling site and see we cut KT. 

I DONT ******* GET IT

I never thought I would get more frustrated than when my canes started losing but this season has been bugging the **** outta me 

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce  

^ yeah for sure. according to our main beat writer, this move was some sort of message sending to the team to get focused and get it together:
Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
I thought earlier this week, based on the loss, Belichick could release a bigger name to send a message. He surely did that w/ Thompkins.
I REALLY hope that's not what this is about.

You get drummed on national TV and the message sent is cutting a guy whom you deactivated for that game?!? WUT.

I'm sure that's going to fly real well with the team.

mean.gif

Their results vs. the Bengals isn't going to make or break this season, but the Pats gotta show the **** out tomorrow to stray away from this dark cloud hovering over them. Can't think of a game in recent years that means so much this early in a season.

Last edited:
that report by Mort a few minutes ago is scary/annoying.

cliffs:

- Brady not happy with personnel changes and current coaching (scheme, playbook, etc)
- Brady not being allowed to have as much input into the game plan and not being allowed to change plays at the line
- the team planning to swap Brady out for Pretty Jimmy sooner rather than later (start of next year)

that second point is the most scary IMO...makes no sense

Last edited:
that report by Mort a few minutes ago is scary/annoying.

cliffs:

- Brady not happy with personnel changes and current coaching (scheme, playbook, etc)
- Brady not being allowed to have as much input into the game plan and not being allowed to change plays at the line
- the team planning to swap Brady out for Pretty Jimmy sooner rather than later (start of next year)

that second point is the most scary IMO...makes no sense
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 has bill just lost it or he's not a believer? that's where I stand 

^ it's Bill's pride that's getting in the way

here's the Mort report:

Tension may impact Brady's future

Updated: October 5, 2014, 1:31 PM ET
By Chris Mortensen | ESPN

Brady Uncomfortable With Patriots' Changes
Chris Mortensen discusses the tension between Tom Brady and the Patriots' coaching staff, which may influence whether Brady finishes his career in New England.
Tags: NFL, Tom Brady, New England Patriots

Tension exists between Tom Brady and the New England Patriots' coaching staff, and multiple sources told ESPN that they believe it could influence whether the quarterback finishes his career with the team that he has led to three Super Bowl titles.

Two sources told ESPN that former rookie quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was drafted as Brady's successor and the move could happen "sooner than later." No source suggested that "sooner" would mean a change during the 2014 season.

Much of Brady's frustration relates to the downsizing of the Patriots offense that stems from questionable personnel decisions and the retirement of longtime line coach Dante Scarnecchia after the 2013 season, the sources told ESPN.

With Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins being traded before the season, the line now coached by Dave DeGuglielmo is so inexperienced that Brady's input into game plans, personnel groups and pre-snap adjustments has significantly diminished.

One team source told ESPN that a conservative approach is necessary and said everyone needs to be patient to allow the team and staff to get on the same page. Brady's declining performance also has been cited internally, a source told ESPN.

Nevertheless, the circumstances have affected Brady's confidence and performance, sources told ESPN, and the Patriots have had little success providing the talent needed to execute the team's previous approach -- a complex scheme that can change dramatically on a weekly basis.

The team's draft history also is under fire. The Patriots have used 11 draft picks on receivers since 2002 and only two -- Deion Branch and former college quarterback Julian Edelman -- have made any impact. The signing of Danny Amendola as a slot-receiver replacement for Wes Welker has proven to be a failure, too.

Even though Patriots coach Bill Belichick chuckled when asked Monday night about Brady's status, more than one source told ESPN that "nobody is untouchable."

Brady has stated publicly he wants to play another four or five years, at least. Sources close to the quarterback told ESPN that remains true but acknowledge that his career may end with another franchise unless Patriots owner Robert Kraft intercedes.

The Mortenson report falls right in line with what I've been thinking for months and saying on here. If you read between the lines from certain actions & words with management and pick up on the chatter from people who know what's going on with the team...then it shouldn't surprise you.

Tom Brady will not end his career with the Patriots and it will not be an amicable divorce.

I remember Albert Breer was on the radio this past summer and dropped a TON of gems answering a throwaway question in a regular segment. One of those gems was on the Belichick & Brady dynamic going into the future. Since Bill is such a historian and genuinely cares about that stuff so much, he secretly wants to win another SB without Tom so his career could be looked at in a more favorable light. He said this BEFORE the Mankins trade, too.

When Bill drafted Pretty Jimmy in the 2nd Round...he brought up Tom's age & "contract situation" (WUT?) at that time. That **** was completely out of left field for him. 

That's why I feel like this Bengals game is so crucial. A good performance at home vs. an AFC contender should keep away a lot of the negativity that's surrounding this team right now. They have to start believing in themselves and the coaching staff if they want to do anything of importance this season.

Last edited:
yeah i remember him making the comment about winning after Brady is done. at the time i thought it legitimately meant after Brady retires...not prematurely dumping him of a couple picks or whatever. **** is sad

If the reports are true,Bill's coming out looking like an extremely selfish and spiteful person. I really hope they do get a W for the sake of this season so that some of the pressure and tension that's been building up dissipates but man it's definitely not an enviable situation to be in right now |I. I always thought it'd be unthinkable to get rid of Brady but if Peyton ******* Manning can get cut than anything can happen :\.

Really hoping they can slowly rebuild some of that lost trust.

Last edited:
damn, anybody else feel like this team specifically the players even if they come out and put a good game together on the field, that somehow they are also playing management?!

like if the reports on BB and management are true, it seems like they are trying to sabotage the team

but then again why go out and put money on bringing in amendola and more recently paying revis

man this team def has me some type of ways this season...been following them since 97 and never shook my head so much in a short period of time

#PatsNation we still have to believe right?!

Lowkey will be very hurt if brady doesn't retire a patriot :smh:

It's obvious that they're trying to weed brady out.

My emotions too tied up with this team :lol:

Lowkey will be very hurt if brady doesn't retire a patriot :smh:

It's obvious that they're trying to weed brady out.

My emotions too tied up with this team :lol:

it's sad, man. ruins his legacy to go out like this if and when he's traded to another team. instead of loading up and trying to go out on top, we're doing the opposite. name getting dragged through the mud and then likely traded away.

Really hoping this team can somehow steer clear past these rough waters. I don't think I can remember of a year where they've faced this much adversity,especially to start a season(aside from Bradyless '08). They can either use it to their advantage and become stronger because of it or they can use it as an excuse and go down sinking. It's going to be a real interesting next couple of weeks,gonna find out what this team's made of.

Last edited:
Really hoping this team can somehow steer clear past these rough waters. I don't think I can remember of a year where they've faced this much adversity,especially to start a season(aside from Bradyless '08). They can either use it to their advantage and become stronger because of it or they can use it as an excuse and go down sinking. It's going to be a real interesting next couple of weeks,gonna find out what this team's made of.
For sure.

There were plenty of legit question marks going into this season. A lot of people were fooled (some continue to be) into thinking there weren't any and give this team & Bill the benefit of doubt when recent history proves we shouldn't.

Unless the wheels completely fall off the wagon, the Patriots should be able to win the AFC East in the middle of all this bull ****. Which says more about the rest of the division than anything else. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I had them reaching the AFC Title game again this postseason. Is that still possible? Absolutely. The defense will have to carry the offense there and I do think they're capable of it.

Last edited:
if & when brady gets traded, i would not focus most of my displeasure on bill belichick nor does that article change my position one bit

you guys gotta chill with reading into exactly what the reporters want or using it to confirm suspicion

how do any of us know the current state of the brady/belichick relationship? exactly - we don't & neither do the reporters or even other new coaches

and news flash - the pats won their last super bowl in early 2005 nearly 10 years ago
the decline has been gradual and unsensational imo

Last edited:
if & when brady gets traded, i would not focus most of my displeasure on bill belichick nor does that article change my position one bit

you guys gotta chill with reading into exactly what the reporters want or using it to confirm suspicion

how do any of us know the current state of the brady/belichick relationship? exactly - we don't & neither do the reporters or even other new coaches

and news flash - the pats won their last super bowl in early 2005 nearly 10 years ago
the decline has been gradual and unsensational imo
Okay, chief.
laugh.gif

Continue to live in your little bubble and think everyone is making up ****.

The frustration & issues are very real. Some of that has played out in public in different ways. I'll choose to not turn a blind eye towards it for the sake of keeping things transparent with a franchise that runs their football operations like Communist Russia.

Originally Posted by green rhino123  

What would The Tuna do?

He'd be looking for the next team to move on to.

Back
Top Bottom