OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Did D'antoni just sat that he likes this roster?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I like the sounds of that....I always felt that we had a good roster...just never had the right coaching to bring the team together.

Last season Zeke was depressed and frustrated from game 1....he let the harassament trial and the media get him down and he passed that energy onto the team.After that Sateph fiasco earlt in the season...it was all downhill from there. All respect was lost.

Who knows....maybe Mike can finally bring the best out of this squad of talented misfits...

I mean there is a little hope for this team, there is SOME talent...that is not arguable.

But they don't get it, and don't play as a team..

There is no ball movement, and they don't play D.

D'Antoni can at least fix the offense, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, the roster still needs an overhaul...but it definitely is a team that should win more than 25 games.

Isiah was an AWFUL coach...the NBA game is simple (but complex at the same time)...but it should not be as simple as getting to the point where I know exactlywhat we are going to run to start the game off.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I mean there is a little hope for this team, there is SOME talent...that is not arguable.

But they don't get it, and don't play as a team..

There is no ball movement, and they don't play D.

D'Antoni can at least fix the offense, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, the roster still needs an overhaul...but it definitely is a team that should win more than 25 games.

Isiah was an AWFUL coach...the NBA game is simple (but complex at the same time)...but it should not be as simple as getting to the point where I know exactly what we are going to run to start the game off.

Agreed on all accounts. One thing I've always thought about D'Antoni's offense is that he can take a mediocre roster and mask a lot of theirweaknesses.

Seems like we're closing in on a 2 year $11 million deal with Duhon.

Seems like he had to overpay a bit to make up for such a short contract. I love the fact thay we have responsible adults running the team.

pimp.gif
@Walsh protecting the cap in 2010.

My source is MedaiTakeOut.com.

laugh.gif

Nah, give me a second to find the link.

EDIT: Can't find a link, but this was posted on another message board.

ESPN Insider Chris Sheridan reports the New York Knicks and Chris Duhon are close to an agreement that would give the former blue devil 11.5 million over the next two seasons. Donnie Walsh met with Duhon today and it appears it won't be his last.
http://www.knicks4life.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16354

It is nice HTTB.

At first my reaction to Duhon was "NO!"...just because I have become accustomed to absurd contracts and over paying players. I've been afraid toeven hear us discussed with FA's because it would just be another bad deal

But then I heard what the deal would be and it was a sigh of relief.

LA Times reported the Mobley for Crawford 'rumor'.

I'd love it. Anything to get Jamal outa here and get a contract that expires sooner than his.

just saw it on Hoopshype....

laugh.gif
@ Mobley in NY...if it goes down i have a feeling the cannon will bedusted off....i aint a fan but if it gets us better, so be it....

Duhon/Mobley backcourt wouldnt be that bad defensively either...they both are decent defenders...

nevermind all that. i wanted to say something along those lines
laugh.gif

Mobley doesnt seem like a "out there" type of guy like a Jamal Tinsley etc....i know players like to go out and all that...but he seems like a solidlocker room guy....we could use that...esp from our guards who have the ball in their hands most of the time...Curry might suffer if Mal goes, but if it makesthe team better, so be it.

Jamal to me...he's too PC...i see nothing with him calling out teammates for mistakes...a dude like Nate will tell you what it is...and i think that'spart of why fans like Nate. Jamal, esp for someone who takes 68.9% of the shots doesnt call people out and just seems timid to me.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Might be tough to keep him out of the Village.

laugh.gif

As soon as I read about that J-Craw for Mobley I was thinking of a gay joke...

And y'all signing C.Duhon???
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

laugh.gif

Mobley doesnt seem like a "out there" type of guy like a Jamal Tinsley etc....i know players like to go out and all that...but he seems like a solid
locker room guy....we could use that...esp from our guards who have the ball in their hands most of the time...Curry might suffer if Mal goes, but if it makes
the team better, so be it.

Jamal to me...he's too PC...i see nothing with him calling out teammates for mistakes...a dude like Nate will tell you what it is...and i think that's
part of why fans like Nate. Jamal, esp for someone who takes 68.9% of the shots doesnt call people out and just seems timid to me.
When you've got a circus of a team, running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, who really is going to step up and call teammatesout? Jamal has never been in a winning situation, and I feel bad for dude. Honestly, no one knows what kind of "leader" he is or can be. Hewasn't designated as THE guy on the squad, that once was in Marbury's hands, then fatman Curry's. And if we don't have to give up dude and getBron, he wouldn't need to. I'd rather have him on the squad than not. If his contract isn't directly involved with Brons, then don't move him,IMO.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Did y'all see that article about Bron in NYC in todays Daily News?

nerd.gif

Yep. Read it on the train
[h1]LeBron James visits New York with Team USA, mum on Knicks and Nets[/h1]
BY MITCH LAWRENCE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, June 30th 2008, 7:20 PM

alg_lebron.jpg
Segar/Reuters
LeBron James looks right at home with Statue of Liberty, but only in road uniform.

Stopping in New York for a day on the town with Team USA, LeBron James took a boat ride with teammates to the Statue of Liberty for a team picture and visited Rockefeller Center to put on a demonstration for fans.

And from the sound of it, he'll still be coming to New York in 2010 to take in the city's top sites as a tourist, but not to put down roots as a newmember of the Knicks or Nets.

Addressing the possibility of leaving Cleveland in twosummers when he's a free agent, and all the talk about the Knicks and Nets trying to get far enough under the salary cap to have enough money to offer hima King's ransom, James Monday did not totally rule it out.

"They have a right to dream about it," he said of Knicks and Nets fans. "I can't take that away from them."

So the dream will continue for the Nets, who already have positioned themselves for mega cap room in 2010, and the Knicks, who badly need to shed Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph in the next two seasons to have the financial wherewithal to land James.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, an assistant with Team USA, playedthe role of New York ambassador as soon as Team USA's flight landed Sunday night at Newark Airport.

"If there is something great about New York, I underline it," D'Antoni said. "I say, "Look how great this is.' But that'swith everybody. Not just one guy."

If James does have any aspirations about coming here in two summers, his media session at the Plaza Hotel was not the time and place to discuss it.

"On draft day, I'm watching some of the younger guys coming into the league and they're saying, 'You know, teams are making trades (tosign) LeBron James in 2010,'" he said. "I just kind of laugh at that. I'm excited to be in Cleveland, and right now, I'm excited to bepart of this Olympic team. It's kind of funny to me."

But he understands why success-starved Knicks fans dream of him moving to New York.

"I loved the Garden way before I got into the NBA," he said. "For some odd reason when I get to the Garden, I always playwell. So they want me to do it for 41 games, instead of two games a year."

I'll be ridiculed...but I honestly want to see what Curry can do in this system.

Now under 1 condition...and that is his conditioning. He has to be in shape or it's a moot point.

But if he comes back in better shape...he is very fluid and agile for his size and can finish at the rim on the break. I know, I know...no defense andrebounding. I understand that going in, I just would be interested to see what he could bring offensively...cause as much as we all hate him, he is still ahell of a talent on that end of the floor.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

laugh.gif

Mobley doesnt seem like a "out there" type of guy like a Jamal Tinsley etc....i know players like to go out and all that...but he seems like a solid locker room guy....we could use that...esp from our guards who have the ball in their hands most of the time...Curry might suffer if Mal goes, but if it makes the team better, so be it.

Jamal to me...he's too PC...i see nothing with him calling out teammates for mistakes...a dude like Nate will tell you what it is...and i think that's part of why fans like Nate. Jamal, esp for someone who takes 68.9% of the shots doesnt call people out and just seems timid to me.

sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
(yes i'm immature)

The article in the paper was a bout Team Usa and Bron's recent trip tp NC (I think they might still be in town)...from his qyotes it sounds like we stillhave a chance of getting him...he said that the Garden was his favorite place to play nad he always has good games there...said that if he was a knick he wouldbe expeced to have 41 great games there a season instead of 2....or something to that effect.

Had an ill pic of him in a team USA jersey standing in front of the statue of Liberty.

Back
Top Bottom