OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 possessions.
18 punts
1 fumble
1 FG

Greatest defense I've seen. Not sure what 85 Bears or 70's Steelers would say.

They'd say the final part of your statement is an important qualifier

YES, THAT'S WHAT I AM SAYING, LIONS GETTING SCREWED ONCE AGAIN, BUT NOBODY GIVES A **** BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING AGAINST A NFL DARLING

**** THE NFL
(E-hug)

Nah the NFL still owe us for super bowl 40 :smh:

Nah, make your FGs and play a better second half

Last edited:
This week we play the Jags at home.

Lovie Smith has not won a single home game as the head coach of the Bucs.

Next week we go on bye.

Let's go, Jags :pimp:

So a slight separation of the shoulder for Luck. Do the right thing and shut him down till healthy.

Do not want this to end up as Bert Jones 2.0.

Ugh. So frustrating. Thought this was the year we took the next step.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Respect to my man for writing the NFL. I would never but I respect it. Repped.

Lions gonna get a very USEFUL apology from the NFL today. Like week 1 when they apologized for missing a holding call on the Cowboys that would have made it 1st and Goal on the 1 at the end of the game.

The officiating has been pretty terrible so far this early in the season. Just really bad. As watered down as the league has become it's as if the phantom calls add an extra bit of drama, suspense, agony, and despair to the lives of the fans and credibility of the game as it stands (it hasn't really changed though). What do these people see on the field? What is the math behind it? How much momentum swings in favor of the said team for the game and at what point is it in the game?

IMO the quality has dropped ever since Roger tripled the amount of judgement calls for player safety. Put wayyy to much on the officials plate

Not even mad about the L.  Team still isn't going anywhere even if they won that game.  I'm rooting for that #1 pick now.  

Ford Jr needs to clean house from the top down.  Lewand, Mayhew, and Caldwell all need to go.  If he don't get this next hire right, he's no better than his father.  

IMO the quality has dropped ever since Roger tripled the amount of judgement calls for player safety. Put wayyy to much on the officials plate

On top of the fact that every year some rule is changed or "tweaked" because of public outcry. Nobody knows the rules anymore.

I say make the athletes sign a waiver and let them play. These are grown men. I knew as a child banging heads could lead to concussion. These players wanna claim ignorance after the fact. It's a BS money grab. I guarantee the league would go on and players would still play.

The concussion outrage is laughable considering Boxing and UFC is a sport built around beating someone's face in. Hockey allows this to a lesser extent. NFL has become a soft game of over officiating.

I say make the athletes sign a waiver and let them play. These are grown men. I knew as a child banging heads could lead to concussion. These players wanna claim ignorance after the fact. It's a BS money grab. I guarantee the league would go on and players would still play.

The concussion outrage is laughable considering Boxing and UFC is a sport built around beating someone's face in. Hockey allows this to a lesser extent. NFL has become a soft game of over officiating.

View media item 1043750

How popular are boxing and MMAin comparison to football?

The NHL takes this kind of thing very seriously now though,they just suspended a dude for half the season due to a head hit from last season. They'll come down hard on you now since they can't be giving out billion dollar settlements like the NFL

Last edited:

The NHL takes this kind of thing very seriously now though,they just suspended a dude for half the season due to a head hit from last season.

Is fighting banned in the NHL? Do players punch each other in the face? Are they suspended for fighting or given penalties?

Popularity has nothing to do with it. The rules are a overreaction to players safety in a game that can't be made safe. It's violent by nature. The game of Football wasn't going anywhere if they never changed the rules. The money being made is to great. I don't look back ashamed of watching Football in the 90s. Neither do you.

Last edited:
Yea they're given penalties right after :lol:. You'll get ejected if you start too many fights. I'm just saying that this awareness and concern for head trauma is not exclusive to football man. People are just more aware of the consequences now that they have definitive proof of things like CTE. Of course they'd be pushing for more rules in relation to safety,why wouldn't they? They'd have even worse lawsuits on their hands in the future if they just neglected all the evidence :lol:

Football can't be made completely safe, doesn't mean steps shouldn't be made to make it safer.

This

Last edited:
Damn the Lions got debacled last night?

Edit: And I see NT's head of officiating wasn't aware of the rule that helped his squad win. 
laugh.gif
 Go figure.

Last edited:
Football can't be made completely safe, doesn't mean steps shouldn't be made to make it safer.

This is true. However you can alter the game in such a way that makes the product worse. The penalty parade everyone complains about is what we have now. I'm the consumer. I don't like seeing refs constantly nor these ticky tack penalties.

I get what you mean in terms of all these flags lately. I don't mind some of the rules in place specifically trying to reduce head hits but things like PI calls hasvegotten out of hand :x.

Last edited:

The NHL takes this kind of thing very seriously now though,they just suspended a dude for half the season due to a head hit from last season. They'll come down hard on you now since they can't be giving out billion dollar settlements like the NFL

They've also just instituted a new Substance policy referencing primarily "cocaine use". That silly and ever so pesky cocaine shows up everywhere smh

They've also just instituted a new Substance policy referencing primarily "cocaine use". That silly and ever so pesky cocaine shows up everywhere smh

Yea Weed might be an NFL issue now but thankfully it's not the main drug issue like in the NHL with that booger sugar :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom