OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's suppose to be penalized for having 2 HOF QBs? :lol:

Mike suppose to be penalized for being in a run dominant offense? And having to retire early, at age 33? Jerry Rice played till he was 42. Jerry Rice played in the current version of the Seattle Seahawks helmet. That's how long dude played.

Mike suppose to be penalized for being in a run dominant offense? And having to retire early, at age 33? Jerry Rice played till he was 42. Jerry Rice played in the current version of the Seattle Seahawks helmet. That's how long dude played.

Irving is a HOF but he's not close to greatest wr of all time. Jerry has him beat in stats and rings

Not at all but it's adds to his production. If Jeff George was his QB I doubt his numbers would be as good. It's common sense. You can't compare players without taking everything into account.

Dion Sanders could possibly settle this. He practiced and played against them both.

Jerry Rice third best NFL player all time
*excluding QBs they get their own list

What's the story behind ODB's dance in your gif? Is he supposed to be holding something? Did he make it up himself? Or am I behind the curve again like last years whip dance that I eventually found out came from I rap song, I think. Im still not sure if he made that up himself or not. But then it was plastered all over social media of people doing that dance from last year. Still is actually. Has he been doing this dance every time like he did last year and now this is his dance for 2015? Or is he switching it up. Tell me everything I need to know about this dance. I want to be up to speed with ODB's trend setting abilities. When he first did it, I was like alright what is this one now.

Last edited:

Not at all but it's adds to his production. If Jeff George was his QB I doubt his numbers would be as good. It's common sense. You can't compare players without taking everything into account.

Dion Sanders could possibly settle this. He practiced and played against them both.

"If my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle"

There was an article I posted here a week or so back that was a nice film breakdown.  Kind of lazy to find it.  But he's been excellent against the run holding the edge and good in collapsing the pocket towards Watt.

Interesting. Would like to read it. Thought he would've played well against ATL's front in the game I watched. I basically watch the games Mays-Barnwell say Mon. they'll watch for Wed late when I'm gonna go to sleep so I can see if I should continue putting an hour of time into it, if they see what I see/something I don't, etc. Good way of gauging who you're listening to. Plus makes that part better when it comes up.

Last edited:
Mike Irvin being the goat receiver :lol:

No :lol:

It doesn't have to be Jerry, but it darn sure isn't Mike :lol: :lol:. He knows it himself. Every player knows it. The public knows it.

I googled best receivers, went through 7 or 8 results and every one has Jerry. Google knows

There is an interesting argument for Hutson though :nerd:

Last edited:

Such a bad opinion :lol:

It doesn't have to be Jerry, but it darn sure isn't Mike :lol: :lol:. He knows it himself. Every player knows it. The public knows it.

No one said Mike was the GOAT. I just broke down facts about each players team Philosophy. Mike might not have been the most physically gifted but, he did work. Mike is not even the most gifted Cowboy receiver of all-time. Bullet Bob Hayes and Alvin Harper, Antonio Bryant, are the most physically gifted Cowboys receivers ever, IMO.

After he retired in 1999, Irvin had the 2nd most 100 yard receiving games, of any receiver, behind Rice. Irvin has the 2nd greatest playoff receiving stats, behind rice too. I hate when people act like it's a far-fetched argument.

No one said Mike was the GOAT. I just broke down facts about each players team Philosophy. Mike might not have been the most physically gifted but, he did work. Mike is not even the most gifted Cowboy receiver of all-time. Bullet Bob Hayes and Alvin Harper, Antonio Bryant, are the most physically gifted Cowboys receivers ever, IMO.

After he retired in 1999, Irvin had the 2nd most 100 yard receiving games, of any receiver, behind Rice. Irvin has the 2nd greatest playoff receiving stats, behind rice too. I hate when people act like it's a far-fetched argument.

Actually it was the discussion this past week

Such a bad opinion :lol:

Won on every level, was a team leader, and was unstoppable on 3rd down. He didn't get the name Playmaker for just catching passes. He caught crucial passes when they needed it most. Clutch player.

Most famous clutch catch in 9ers history doesn't even involve Rice.

Won on every level, was a team leader, and was unstoppable on 3rd down. He didn't get the name Playmaker for just catching passes. He caught crucial passes when they needed it most. Clutch player.

Sounds like Hines Ward

Which do you consider the most famous 49er catch?

Last edited:
i seen irvin and ill take dez bryant as a better receiver . look at their first 5 years stats.

... irvin was also allowed to push off so much, like the only way dude got open.... .... 

Last edited:

Sounds like Hines Ward

Obviously it's the catch, Montana to Clark

Rice retired with all the Receiving Records

Sounds like Hines Ward

The catch. People act like Rice is clearly better off numbers and playing longer. What exactly in their primes could Rice do that Mike couldn't besides being targeted more?

Jerry Rice is the Robert Parrish of NFL receivers. I would HOPE that after he retired, he would have all the receiving records.

Unfortunately, Michael Irvin and Sterling Sharpe retired prematurely. Both were in the broadcast booth while Jerry Rice was still playing. And he entered the league before them.

The catch. People act like Rice is clearly better off numbers and playing longer. What exactly in their primes could Rice do that Mike couldn't besides being targeted more?

Run hills in the off season, that's it.

Michael Irvin even had a better retirement speech than Jerry Rice. I don't see any replays of Jerry's HOF speech :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom