OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone post Greg Hardy's rap video?

Has like 3 bars and sounds like a 4th member member
2q81pty.jpg

Damn the Packers really about to have another career ending neck injury w/ Sean Richardson

4 in the past 5 years now I think it is.

Edit: Actually I think its 5 in the past 5 years. Forgot about Johnny Jolly.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyones mentioned it but the NFL fined Matt Stafford almost $6,000 dollars for wearing blue cleats
laugh.gif

I really cannot stand the NFL's uniform policy 
mean.gif

I don't know if anyones mentioned it but the NFL fined Matt Stafford almost $6,000 dollars for wearing blue cleats :lol:

I really cannot stand the NFL's uniform policy :smh:  

While they're policing the color of cleats, this d*ckhead Greg Hardy is about to suit up after missing a whopping four games. Damn league has it's priorities ****** up.

Owens could of had a great career but man he was a locker room cancer.

:rofl:

TO is arguably the 2nd greatest receiver of all time. he had a great career. its all the extra stuff that was the issue. when it was gametime, he balled out.

If Troy Aikman and Steve Young are in the HoF, there's no reason why Kurt Warner isn't. :D

romo > aikman though

didnt get to watch TO a football life last night but recorded it. just finished watching it. thats crazy about his life growing up. cold blooded that only young agreed to an interview. hatin mcnabb didnt want TO taking his shine. not excusing TO for his behavior but dude had a lot of inner demons and surpressed feelings he dealt with as a kid to most of his adult life. didnt handle some situations the best way possible but i kind of see how all those inner battles spilled onto team chemistry. i mean his grandma pretty much raised him to think there are no friends in life and everyone is trying to bring you down. i mean the outcome can be seen a mile away. tough upbringing. then his pops smashed his mom while married to another chick and never knew until he had a crush on his step sister. its easy to see where his disfunction with teams came. but when the lights came on, dude gave you everything he had. he is probably my favorite player of all time. i saw his entire career and it was a shame he couldnt put it together outside of those 4 quarters. glad he was able to heal some of those wounds he carried for so long.

Speaking of Packers neck injuries and all time WR's

Was Sterling Sharpe really a top 5 WR all-time if he career wasnt cut short? I was 3 or 4 so I didnt get to see him. I've even heard he could have been #2 behind jerry.

Last edited:
LMAOOOO @ TO being second greatest WR of all time

but he is. moss just ran downfield and caught balls thrown his way off his freakish athletic talent. he didnt have good route running, avoided the middle, took plays off and hid in his helmet with physical corners. TO > moss. its true.

LMAOOOO @ TO being second greatest WR of all time

I had the same reaction to Romo over Troy. Troy won 3 SB when QBs could be hit. Romo has only 2 playoff wins in this currently QB friendly era.

How is that even possible?

lulz do you even football bruh? flip tony and aikman and you probably get a similar result. aikman was a game manager. he had arguable the greatest o-line in history and smith. not knocking aikman but his job was to be efficient and run the plays and minimize risk. he wasnt asked to take much risk with those 90s cowboys team with all that talent. aikman himself said romo was better than him.

Let's be rational about this T.O. discussion. Whether he's the second-best WR of all-time and a first-ballot HOF.

Cons:
Marvin Harrison's shadow looming. It will be difficult/unlikely for Owens to get in before Harrison.
Off-the-field issues/distractions. Although voters are consulted not to consider any elements outside of the football field, some may find that more challenging than others given Owens' many public problems later in his career.
Unidentifiable with any team.
Mercurial/polarizing candidate. Some will call into question his character.

Pros:
3rd in TD receptions (153).
2nd in receiving yards (15,934).
6th in catches (1,078).
Played in one SB ('04).
5-time first-team All-Pro.
6-time Pro Bowler.
Led the league in receiving TD three times in his career.

but he is. moss just ran downfield and caught balls thrown his way off his freakish athletic talent. he didnt have good route running, avoided the middle, took plays off and hid in his helmet with physical corners. TO > moss. its true.
lulz do you even football bruh? flip tony and aikman and you probably get a similar result. aikman was a game manager. he had arguable the greatest o-line in history and smith. not knocking aikman but his job was to be efficient and run the plays and minimize risk. he wasnt asked to take much risk with those 90s cowboys team with all that talent. aikman himself said romo was better than him.

Talk to me when Romo makes a title game. The rules from Troys era are totally different then now. It's not Apple to apples. Romo has the best line now in football with arguably the best receiver.

Your argument is basically drop any QB with better numbers then Troy on that team and they win. I've never seen Troy fumble a snap on a field goal or throw a pick in the end zone against the Giants in a playoff game.

Last edited:
I think Tony can play efficiently enough where he would've been great with those 90s Boys teams. Would've given a little more of a passing element as well

I think Tony can play efficiently enough where he would've been great with those 90s Boys teams. Would've given a little more of a passing element as well

What could Montana do Tony can't? You could realistically say he's better then Joe too if winning something doesn't mean anything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tony-romo-is-a-better-quarterback-than-i-was/

troy himself would tell you romo is better then him. football the ultimate TEAM sport. 

So what. Pippen said he was LeBron before LeBron. You taking his word too? I can give you all kinds of athletes quotes I bet you don't agree with. Troy backs up your argument so he's obviously telling the truth from the heart.

If Romo retires without winning a SB I bet not one Cowboy fan will agree with this.

So what. Pippen said he was LeBron before LeBron. You taking his word too? I can give you all kinds of athletes quotes I bet you don't agree with. Troy backs up your argument so he's obviously telling the truth from the heart.

If Romo retires without winning a SB I bet not one Cowboy fan will agree with this.
pippen isnt complimenting lebron tho. totally different scenario

how is troy saying romo is better then him benefit him ... '

from the article 

"Aikman should be commended for his modesty, and for acknowledging that there should be more to judging a quarterback than counting how many Super Bowl rings he wears"

rings dont make you the goat in football,  this isnt basketball where that argument is legit. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom