OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suh was a draft pick

that's 6 drafts ago

Jahvid Best looked legit but they took a chance on a dude with head injury history and it bite them, not sure why they traded up into the 1st to get him when he wasn't going to be taken there

Nick Fairley surprised me that he was a total bust

Last edited:
They're sure to screw it up normally, and especially with this crop. I would love for them to draft a QB.

This is an organization that made Barry Sanders pull the original version of what Anthony Davis did, an organization where Marty Morn chose to give the other team the ball in the old OT format after Detroit had won the coin toss, an organization that picked Mike Williams, Charles Rogers and Titus Young, an organization that started Mike McMahon on how many Thanksgivings? It felt like thirteen, it might've been just one.

The more important the pick, the more I'm happy they're picking.

You do realize we hit on the high picks right?

Its the rest of the draft that's the problem

Thought this was also crazy :x

@AdamSchefter:
Lions haven't drafted a Pro-Bowl player in the past 5 drafts. No player they drafted in 2010-2011 is on their roster today.

Suh was a draft pick

6 drafts ago,also not on the squad anymore. Thought Nick Fairley would've been a stud as well

Last edited:
Caldwell is a joke. He should be thanking Peyton Manning as his lord and savior for the coaching jobs he has gotten. Nice man, real chill dude but not HC material.

I dont want to hear it with the 09 Super Bowl appearance. Anyone could have been given that head coaching title because we all know Peyton was running the show at that point.

They're sure to screw it up normally, and especially with this crop. I would love for them to draft a QB.

This is an organization that made Barry Sanders pull the original version of what Anthony Davis did, an organization where Marty Morn chose to give the other team the ball in the old OT format after Detroit had won the coin toss, an organization that picked Mike Williams, Charles Rogers and Titus Young, an organization that started Mike McMahon on how many Thanksgivings? It felt like thirteen, it might've been just one.

*looks at Eric Ebron*

Jesus. The money in the NFL is too big. I need to fly to Indy, find out where one of Irsay's single daughters chills, mack it up, convince her to run away with me to get married and somehow get control of the team.

Wish me luck brahs.

I can't even imagine being in the room negotiating those numbers. Like how specific do they get with the decimals. I'd like to imagine they only negotiate in intervals of 100 million and Bud's initial offer of 1.3 billion was totally insulting to the NFL.

Lions fans mad at Caldwell for what?

They didn't address the OL and pretty much let go the majority of their defensive play makers from a year ago. They also have no run game, I'm not sold on Double A as an every down back in the NFL.

Problems are much bigger than JC IMO.

*looks at Eric Ebron*

I still hate the pick but he is a good player.

I think a lot of these (non-TV) deal negotiations are pretty standard. They look at the last contract numbers and then they increase it 10-20% for the next round and everyone signs off.

The fans as usual pay in the end though as Bud will keep increasing the price of their beers, and the paying customers will gladly keep forking over their money not caring.

My buddies and I had an interesting conversation the other day while tailgating: At what price point could the NFL get to for a beer where it would affect purchasing bottom line? Right now we are paying about $7-12 for a beer which as we know is a joke. But no one blinks. How high could they go for a majority of customers to say "I am not buying it"? With how drunk and football-drunk fans are on game day I argued they could go to $20 a beer.

They didn't address the OL and pretty much let go the majority of their defensive play makers from a year ago. They also have no run game, I'm not sold on Double A as an every down back in the NFL.

Losing Walker and Levy for the season hurt a lot. Especially Levy.

But Jim Caldwell was brought here to "fix" the offense and they went from one of the leagues best offenses to one of the worst with more talent.

That's coaching.

I think a lot of these (non-TV) deal negotiations are pretty standard. They look at the last contract numbers and then they increase it 10-20% for the next round and everyone signs off.

The fans as usual pay in the end though as Bud will keep increasing the price of their beers, and the paying customers will gladly keep forking over their money not caring.

My buddies and I had an interesting conversation the other day while tailgating: At what price point could the NFL get to for a beer where it would affect purchasing bottom line? Right now we are paying about $7-12 for a beer which as we know is a joke. But no one blinks. How high could they go for a majority of customers to say "I am not buying it"? With how drunk and football-drunk fans are on game day I argued they could go to $20 a beer.

I could go to pay 20 for a beer because by the time I walk in I am so bombed that I will drink maybe 2 more beers. lol

Losing Walker and Levy for the season hurt a lot. Especially Levy.

But Jim Caldwell was brought here to "fix" the offense and they went from one of the leagues best offenses to one of the worst with more talent.

That's coaching.

I agree, but when you have no OL how you gonna run the ball unless your name is BeastMode? Bell being hurt didn't help, I like him as the main RB with Reddick/AA as the change of pace guys.

Your D can't stop a nose bleed either, especially without Levy.

It's been a rough year for you guys :smh:

Thought this was also crazy :x

@AdamSchefter:
Lions haven't drafted a Pro-Bowl player in the past 5 drafts. No player they drafted in 2010-2011 is on their roster today.

Suh was a draft pick

6 drafts ago,also not on the squad anymore. Thought Nick Fairley would've been a stud as well

2007 Calvin Johnson
2008 Godser Cherlius
2009 Matt Stafford and Brandon Pettigrew
2010 Suh
2011 Nick Fairley
2012 Riley Reiff
2013 Ziggy
2014 Ebron

What team has drafted hands down better players in the first rounder during that same time frame.

Ziggy and Levy haven't made Pro Bowls but Levy was second team all pro last year. Hell Stafford made the pro bowl and won MVP so that should tell you how relevant the Pro Bowl is.

I'll bet money Ziggy makes the Pro Bowl this year anyways.

2007 Calvin Johnson
2008 Godser Cherlius
2010 Suh
2011 Nick Fairley
2012 Riley Reiff
2013 Ziggy
2014 Ebron

What team has drafted hands down better players in the first rounder during that same time frame.
this is a pretty difficult discussion to have considering where these guys were selected..

you got what like 4 or 5 top 5 picks on that list?

had to go look it up

megatron was the 2nd pick.. Stafford 1st.. suh 2nd.. ziggy 5th

riley reiff is the only pick over 20 (23rd)

Last edited:
2007 Calvin Johnson

2008 Godser Cherlius

2010 Suh

2011 Nick Fairley

2012 Riley Reiff

2013 Ziggy

2014 Ebron

this is a pretty difficult discussion to have considering where these guys were selected..

you got what like 4 or 5 top 5 picks on that list?

That the thing teams draft true busts that end up out of the league top 1-20 every year.

All those players ended up decent NFL players

2007 Calvin Johnson
2008 Godser Cherlius
2010 Suh
2011 Nick Fairley
2012 Riley Reiff
2013 Ziggy
2014 Ebron
We have drafted solid in the the first round. Just because players aren't Pro Bowlers, doesn't mean they aren't quality starters. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom