OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still regret Dallas got themselves in the middle of this.

I have such a strong opinion about DV and what should happen to those who commit it the first time, that I can't even comment or read most of the comments.

Anger should also be at whomever did it, it's disgusting

Agree. However there are some people who don't believe Winston. Would you or anyone else condemn him for the rest of his career? No official conviction. The alleged victim still plans for a civil suit last I heard. Do we have to see pictures before we believe the victim?

All this stuff shows is we as a society need to do better. From the individuals involved to the system in which we convict these people. Human beings have a long way to go in many areas to creating a better, fair and just world.

Last edited:

[thread="629840"]​[/thread]

Yup, you took a cop out instead of fighting for a cause.

What if Greg did that to your daughter, you gonna allow her to take the money and stay shut?

Same way I think Tamir Rice and her family is soft for not going after Ray for what he did.
First I'm going to do what's in my power to the murder the ****. Would I want her to stay shut? Would I not want the scumbag to get what he deserves? of course

but who am I to dictate what my daughter has been through...I do not know how she feels, I dont know how she chooses to cope..I just want to help her get through it as best she can. The legal system isnt always a checkmate in these matters, a ninja can be back on the streets in due time and cause more damage.

and like someone said, some ppl want the ordeal to be over with as soon as possible with or without monetary gains.

I have two sisters fam who have been in situations of abuse. Everybody deals with it in different manners...Not EVERYONE has the gull to be confident in dealing with their situations the same manner as you.

Not everyone wants to be the poster child for DV, not everyone is the mental state to even know how to comprehend their feelings, emotions in dealing with this.

I respect that.

And by me respecting your views, I'm not going to try and beat you down with mine.

All I will say is I've seen it 1st hand, live in person, and that same person had the chance to take a large sum of money to make it go away but didn't. Now she's the head of multiple DV victim organizations across the country, empowering many women to take the same path, which is why I'm a firm believer in standing your ground for what you believe is right no matter how damaging it may be.

If people would take the time to actually read the posts, no one is defending Hardy's actions :smh:

Mister Friendly and The Collector aren't even Cowboys fans :smh:

I respect that.

And by me respecting your views, I'm not going to try and beat you down with mine.

All I will say is I've seen it 1st hand, live in person, and that same person had the chance to take a large sum of money to make it go away but didn't. Now she's the head of multiple DV victim organizations across the country, empowering many women to take the same path, which is why I'm a firm believer in standing your ground for what you believe is right no matter how damaging it may be.

That's awesome, truly is, but that's such a rarity and the exception. But good for that person to be big and brave enough to do it. As a firm do you look at your clients as 'soft minded' when they want to settle and advise otherwise or is it just your personal position?

BTW: It's Cowboys fans defending Hardy. That's not a coincidence. Imagine if this guy played for the Eagles or Giants :lol:

I can't wait til kkkoooper is off the team..

And I've said numerous times I felt dirty having to root for Vick, even though I felt he more than paid his debt to society and seemed truely contrite for his actions

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn · 1m1 minute ago
The #NFL reviewed all of the victim photos published today in Lisa Friel-led investigation, evidence prompting 10-game susp. for Hardy

Vick is a quality human being who learned from his mistakes and did his time

I somehow can't see that ever being Greg Hardy

I respect that.

That's awesome, truly is, but that's such a rarity and the exception. But good for that person to be big and brave enough to do it. As a firm do you look at your clients as 'soft minded' when they want to settle and advise otherwise or is it just your personal position?
Not everyone wants or is even capable of doing what that lady did.

It is truly an amazing thing she is doing in given her situation but I was going to ask the same thing. Do you feel that is an exception or the rule in this country?

Not everyone is built for the front lines. There are ppl who feel ashamed and guilty over **** like this. I know this from 1st hand experience

It is great if it were that simple for all to stand their ground in the face of what they may feel like is death. 

but it isnt. 

Vick is a quality human being who learned from his mistakes and did his time

I somehow can't see that ever being Greg Hardy
Yea Vick has my respect for that

Hardy on the other hand genuinely comes off as unhinged man...

Last edited:
I gave Roger and the league a pass because of their lack of experience in handling these domestic violence issues but theres no excuse now.
They are a complete joke.

This notion that taking a settlement is weak or the less respectable thing to do is absolutely ridiculous. If you have suffered you deserve some form of restitution. Most people want this restitution without the time, money, and uncertainty that goes with fighting in court so they settle and take a lump sum. The fact that someone who works at a law firm doesn't understand this is beyond my understanding.

so what I gather is...

as a domestic violence victim, if you aren't strong enough to go out there and empower and crusade against domestic violence then you are just weak and soft

Last edited:
Speaking of Vick, I can't see him getting back on the field this year, anyone think he makes a roster next year or will this be the end?

Why did she have to have a money grab, maybe she was threatened.... I mean him did push her on a bed full of assault rifles

But that's the problem with with NTers, live and die by assumptions 

Who cares if you're threatened, that's a soft way of thinking. You want people to believe what you stand for and raise awareness towards a big problem in this world then you stand your ground and fight for it. You don't let somebody buy you out because you're afraid :smh:

Cool so she's soft for settling out of court
If Greg is so innocent as yall claim why did he settle out of court? Why didn't he fight and stand up for the truth? You don't pay someone because you're afraid

Where do you see me say "Greg is so innocent" :nerd:

Don't make an a55 out of yourself by a55uming.

Ok ignore that part. Answer the next part
You already made and a55 out of yourself calling her soft

Speaking of Vick, I can't see him getting back on the field this year, anyone think he makes a roster next year or will this be the end?

Yes. Quality back-ups are a premium in the NFL, and he is still a quality back-up.

I doubt it, Vick has looked finished for years now

I hope he comes back to Philly and does Eagles stuff on the radio, tv, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom