OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the current rate in which injuries are piling up at the WR position, I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas makes a trade :lol:

Jared Cook lame as ****....

blind sided a dude then turned into the 100m track champion

#94 got decked 
roll.gif

*It was NOT his day 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Got mobbed up by 3 Rams at 0:35

Last edited:
#29 on the Cowboys looked scared as hell around those big boys

dude was running around like Money Mayweather vs Big Show at Wrestlemania

Before every one gets crazy on talk of Eli wanting to be highest paid QB you must know the facts
Fact 1 in 2009 Eli was the highest paid QB, Should he be? Nope but thats the nature of being QB in the NFL in 2009 Eli was only making 400k more than Jay Cutler in 2009 and now he is making 3 million less than Cam Newton.
Fact 2 NFL has it made with their contracts compared to NBA and MLB they can cut players and save serous money any chance they get, players strongly feel that they should all get as much as they can as who knows if they even will be playing a year from now. NO ONE CAN BLAME THEM.
Fact 3 and most important fact. If Eli decided hey its been fun as a NY giant but I want to play for the texans in 2016 or 2017 his contract ends after this season but wait a min, giants have the ability according rules in place to franchise tag him, doing so for 2016 and 2017 would be guaranteed 52 MILLION. SO if Eli wanted to he could be the highest paid player next year and every year by allowing giants to franchise him and basically doing what lebron is doing say i'm confident enough that i'll be healthy and wanted by my team.. So really the current rules in place have Eli in this position to demand Rogers money, is he worth it NO. However I do think he will have a MVP type season if Oline is even avg.
Fact 4. By not forcing the giants to franchise him and he agreed to a contract paying him the highest annual avg salary he would save the giants money under the cap.
So think about it, Eli can't go to another team next year due to rules in place but the giants can cut him if the sign him to a 5 year 100 mil contract with 55 guaranteed the giants can cut eli if he has a career ending injury in 2016.

As a giants fan i don't think he should be paid the highest on performance but i think guys in football should get as much as they can. I see bums in baseball making 20 mil and see the contacts in NFL and i'm amazed.

NFL IS LOADED. The players have a good piece of the pie but what they need to do in the next contract is try to get 75% pay guaranteed and if teams cut a player they pay a million a year for remaining years on deal. Make the penalties on the cap less.
Also this nonsense of franchise tag should only be allowed to franchise players two times before their 9th season. Players get to 30s should be allowed to say you know what, i don't want to play for your team anymore my contract is done i'm a FA.

I know it won't happen but if I were giants and eli i would do a 5 year 75 million guaranteed deal. great for both sides. The risk of eli not being around or good enough to start in this league for those 5 years is very low and even if he were out the league in a few years the cap would be higher and replacement likely not making more than 10 mil a year. DO IT GIANTS!!

Last edited:
Minutes after All-Pro tailback LeSean McCoy limped off with a hamstring injury, coach Rex Ryan disclosed that wide receiver Percy Harvin needed an injection for hip pain that was worse than first thought.

Beat writers noted Harvin walking with a heavy limp. For what it's worth, the seventh-year veteran offered an optimistic "thumbs up" to Fred Jackson.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-sidelined-with-hip-pain?campaign=Twitter_atn

Had hip issues dating back to the Vikings and it's what also had him out during his time with the Seahawks.

Last edited:
The difference personalities between coach O'Brien and coach Mike Smith from last year's Hardknocks 
laugh.gif

Cushing's headbutt against that player without his helmet on
eek.gif
 I never saw that

What is wrong with these dudes.. dude wearing these terrible socks 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom