OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
what in the blue hell did I just watch... lol.
need that Julio .gif asap.

That endless karate chop sequence was too much.
laugh.gif

I can't tell if this is a stupid question or not and if there's something i'm completely missing.

Kam is up to 1 million dollars in fines and is threatening to miss regular season time. Why not participate in camp while threatening to miss regular season games if he doesn't get a new deal done. This way he avoids losing millions when the Seahawks don't actually need him. It's much easier for Seahawks management to call his bluff at the moment. But cutting to the chase right to the start of the season and then week 2 against the Packers when they are already fighting for playoff seeding without losing millions leading up to that point would be much scarier for the Seahawks FO.

The only thing I can think of is risking injury during camp and losing what little leverage he has. But that would only be for a very serious injury, I think? I feel the risk of seriously injuring yourself and losing leverage while really putting your foot on their throat is better than sitting out and losing millions in attempt to call their bluff. Maybe. He's under contract and making millions regardless. I may have answered my own question but I think it might be a risk worth considering for someone in Kam's current situation. Along with possibly a way around the current CBA to throw it back in the players favor.

Last edited:
these madden commercials have to be up there on dave franco's best work list, right?

they even made kevin hart funny to me in the last one.. which is pretty impressive

every time I think of dave franco I think of bill hader ethering dude at his brother's roast

Last edited:
I can't tell if this is a stupid question or not and if there's something i'm completely missing.

Kam is up to 1 million dollars in fines and is threatening to miss regular season time. Why not participate in camp while threatening to miss regular season games if he doesn't get a new deal done. This way he avoids losing millions when the Seahawks don't actually need him. It's much easier for Seahawks management to call his bluff at the moment. But cutting to the chase right to the start of the season and then week 2 against the Packers when they are already fighting for playoff seeding without losing millions leading up to that point would be much scarier for the Seahawks FO.

The only thing I can think of is risking injury during camp and losing what little leverage he has. But that would only be for a very serious injury, I think? I feel the risk of seriously injuring yourself and losing leverage while really putting your foot on their throat is better than sitting out and losing millions in attempt to call their bluff. Maybe. He's under contract and making millions regardless. I may have answered my own question but I think it might be a risk worth considering for someone in Kam's current situation. Along with possibly a way around the current CBA to throw it back in the players favor.
I think you pretty much did answer it for yourself.

No point to put yourself at risk when you're trying to gain leverage in a holdout situation. Plus both sides know for the most part the fines in TC dont matter because they were never going to apply them to Kam anyways...I think you may also alienate yourself from your teammates going that route.

Sheil Kapadia is the Seahawks new ESPN reporter, dude was awesome in Philly
yea.. dude was great at breaking down all 22 stuff with phillymag

when he said he was moving on from that, wondered what he was going to be doing.. really liked his stuff

Sheil Kapadia is the Seahawks new ESPN reporter, dude was awesome in Philly
yea.. dude was great at breaking down all 22 stuff with phillymag

when he said he was moving on from that, wondered what he was going to be doing.. really liked his stuff
Thats good to hear because Terry Blount was the equivelent of a potato reporting for the Seahawks

Last edited:

Thats good to hear because Terry Blount was the equivelent of a potato reporting for the Seahawks
you can see his work here:

http://www.phillymag.com/author/skapadia/

but I would recommend any real football fan check out his all 22 stuff from the games (most games he did 2 articles, 1 on offense and 1 on defense), just to see play breakdowns and stuff chip is doing.. really interesting stuff like:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/07/14/all-22-deploying-mychal-kendricks/

article he did on Maxwell using 'all-22', for a taste of seahawks talk:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/02/26/22-byron-maxwell-fit-eagles/

I think you pretty much did answer it for yourself.
No point to put yourself at risk when you're trying to gain leverage in a holdout situation. Plus both sides know for the most part the fines in TC dont matter because they were never going to apply them to Kam anyways...I think you may also alienate yourself from your teammates going that route.

Reading through other message boards I saw Seattle fans saying they would give Kam a grace period where they wouldn't apply the fines which would be up until around this point. Then they say alright knock it off or else the fines stick. You think if the holdout lasts until week 1 and Kam decides to play the Seahawks would waive everything?

They spent so much money on these commercials for a not very good game everyone's going to buy anyway...

Not particularly funny and overdone imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom