OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet ·
#Lions coach Jim Caldwell will meet with team brass, including GM Bob Quinn. Despite the finish, it doesn't look good for him. No firm word.
welp

@SneakerPro @NickFolarin
I just saw this and I brought tears of joy to my eyes. I honestly think Calvin Johnson's decision had something to do with it. Pre-announcement Caldwell got a vote of confidence, soon after, he has to meet with the brass AND new GM....

I think he's fired, and we get a big name head coach to appease Calvin 

I don't have a problem with Collinsworth, but his explanation of Peterson's fumble was the first time he sounded like Reggie Miller. The funniest thing was as he's explaining, the replay is showing at the same time, clearly showing his fumble had nothing to do with those armbands :lol:

I never cared for RG3 but dude handled his situation with class. He's going to be the comeback player of the year next season watch.

“When Tommy gets his knee blown out against the Chiefs, one of the first people to call him was Peyton,” said Scott Pioli, the former Patriots vice president of personnel. “And he called him more than once, checking in on him. It revealed something to Tommy. It slowed Tommy down in terms of his thoughts toward Peyton. Not that he had any negative thoughts about him, but when you are that competitive with someone, you’ve got to find ways to hate them, because if you cross that line competing against someone that you genuinely and authentically care about, you might lose your edge.”

Three years later, Manning missed the season following neck surgery. His career was in jeopardy. “Tommy told me it just wasn’t the same playing the Colts without Peyton there,” Pioli said. “He said he felt he lost somebody. That’s why he gets so fired up to play Denver. He has never taken time to look at things in a historical context. He said, ‘I’m finally realizing it. Facing Peyton has been one of the great elements of my career.’  ”

Myers, Gary (2015-09-22). Brady vs Manning: The Untold Story of the Rivalry That Transformed the NFL (p. 29)

With our new GM coming from the Pats, I wouldn't count out Josh McDaniels as our next coach if Caldwell is fired....

Not a sexy pick, and at this point anything is better than Caldwell. I could also see Jim Bob getting the call up. 

With our new GM coming from the Pats, I wouldn't count out Josh McDaniels as our next coach if Caldwell is fired....

Not a sexy pick, and at this point anything is better than Caldwell. I could also see Jim Bob getting the call up. 

I think its gonna be Patrcia.

Quinn's swag was so high during the Podcast. I'm all in.

Last edited:

View media item 1864922

Stay away from Patricia though please :lol:

Last edited:

We do need a defensive minded coach. Our offense has enough talent to succeed as is. Although he couldn't control the team at times, Jim Schwartz had our defensive at the top of the league always. 

Last edited:
We keep hearing about Marvin Lewis not being able to control his players. It's funny that it's the only thing we hear about but why not bring up Mike Tomlin not being able to control his players AND his coaches. I guess because they won but his players did their dirty but their coaches did as well.

AP fumbles the ball into the air and it hits Mike Wallace right in the hands. This is supposed to be your big time WR and he couldn't catch that. You blame AP for fumbling in the first place but I find it funny that your star WR drops the ball.

Mike Wallace is a bum, dude can't catch

But that was Tannhill's fault.

how the hell you gonna pass AP fumbling onto Mike Wallace?

the announcers basically blaming the manufacturer of the sleeves AP was wearing was also hilarious.

I don't see the issue. Ahman Green had the same fumbling problem when he would wear those sleeves

your boy Kam had both hands on the ball, it was going to come out regardless.

I could show you hundreds of plays a defender has two hands on a ball and it doesn't come out :lol:

We do need a defensive minded coach. Our offense has enough talent to succeed as is. Although he couldn't control the team at times, Jim Schwartz had our defensive at the top of the league always. 

You a Lions' bro so I'm not going to go in but Jim Schwartz never at any point in time had our defense at the top of the league.

It weird because he cooked every wear but Detroit defensively.

I could show you hundreds of plays a defender has two hands on a ball and it doesn't come out
laugh.gif
i'm free today.

just go back and look at the play, the arm band had no impact on the fumble. AP didnt even have the ball tucked into his elbow, he was mostly palming it.

Last edited:
"You know Jeem, I talked to him last Sundeeee, and we talked about how we talked about working on his mechanics this offseason, but I think it's time we talk about the game at hand. Boy, what a hit by #92! Talk about a big hit right there."
Phil Simms gets me with this crap everytime :lol:
I'm sittin' there waitin' for him to hit me with that Super Bowl MVP insight, and "WALA!" it's the iLLoQuent gold instead :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom