OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
side note, TDs 2k season > APs 2k season.

Whatever makes you feel better, man. :lol:

it was though papi. TD ran for 2k and 21 tds in 14 games. AP needed every game to get close to the record. APs 2k season was great as well but TDs was better.

Elway/Ponder. Standard fronts/8 or 9 in the box...C'mon! You or I don't even have to be homers to know this.

Im pretty sure at one point well into the 2nd half of the season I remember hearing AP averaged more yards per carry than Ponder did yards per pass.

Last edited:
side note, TDs 2k season > APs 2k season.

Whatever makes you feel better, man. :lol:

it was though papi. TD ran for 2k and 21 tds in 14 games. AP needed every game to get close to the record. APs 2k season was great as well but TDs was better.

Elway/Ponder. Standard fronts/8 or 9 in the box...C'mon! You or I don't even have to be homers to know this.

elway in TDs 2k season - 22 tds 11 int
ponder in APs 2k season - 18 tds 12 int

not much difference there.

you dont think defenses knew the run was coming? they knew the run was coming and zoned in on the run. they just didnt let it happen. they couldnt stop it. same with AP. defenses knew the run was coming but couldnt stop it. no different.

How did TD do it in less games yet had more carries than AP?

TD sat 8 full quarters that season. so he basically ran for 2k and 21 tds to the equivalent of 14 games.

I would love to see the stats for the next 3-5 seasons of the Denver running game after Terrell retired. I feel like everyone had good seasons behind that line. Terrell was great, everyone loved him back then but I need like two more great years from him to place him in the HOF. I still think he gets in though.

View media item 1890479

The charge is against Jay Bromley but the pic is Jonathan Hankins. That's a pretty serious **** up by BR

Last edited:
The fact that you're trying to legitimize Elway and Ponder being on the same level based on the stat sheet tells me all I need to know.

of course elway and ponder are not on the same level. just showing you that stat wise, their numbers were very close. nfl defenses zoned in on TD like they did AP. they knew who was getting the ball.

Everyone needs to stop and look at Troy aikmans stats and tell me why he's a HOFer.

greatest game manager of all time. knew what his role was. made plays when needed. he knew how deep those teams were.

I would love to see the stats for the next 3-5 seasons of the Denver running game after Terrell retired. I feel like everyone had good seasons behind that line. Terrell was great, everyone loved him back then but I need like two more great years from him to place him in the HOF. I still think he gets in though.

The charge is against Jay Bromley but the pic is Jonathan Hankins. That's a pretty serious **** up by BR
YOOOOO! Rape isn't anything I want my picture associated with.

Lombardi trophy AND solid gold "50" numbers will go to team that wins #SB50  @Broncos or @Panthers #nflexperience

I guess the gold 50 is part of the trophy this year.

Manziel got into another altercation with his girlfriend..damn

Such a clown

greatest game manager of all time. knew what his role was. made plays when needed. he knew how deep those teams were.

He is the perfect example of why 'game manager' should not be viewed in a negative light

Lombardi trophy AND solid gold "50" numbers will go to team that wins #SB50  @Broncos or @Panthers #nflexperience

I guess the gold 50 is part of the trophy this year.

:rofl:

agreed that "game manager" should not have a negative connotation. how about we call it "game architect" or "game mastermind" instead?

an extreme case, but MJ could be cast as a "game manager" in his second 3-peat. he knew when to pass or sit back and when to step up and make plays.

that's not being conservative or relying on your team. that's being expert enough to find a way to win by utilizing everyone's talents, not just your own.

we need to use a different term with a negative connotation for someone like dilfer, who was not that great to begin with and his skill was not in sculpting the game but in avoiding mistakes and contributing not much else.

Everyone needs to stop and look at Troy aikmans stats and tell me why he's a HOFer.

Yes, if you completely ignore his postseason stats.

I bet you can't find a QB with better postseason stats in that era or earlier that isn't in the HOF

Last edited:
Ken Whisenhunt was so close to winning a ring, that's the surprising thing. Then he went from Kurt Warner to a bunch of Kurt Kittner lites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom