OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need worship Revis okay.  He didn't save the Patriots.  Malcom Butler did.  Sheesh.  

Did Revis ever 'read' or 'summon' godly powers like Butler? I don't think so.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT:  He performed 'okay' and 'as is' as a Patriot, but people keep using his past like a curtain for everything.  If the secondary was that good w/ Browner & Revis, it wouldn't have gotten to a goal line ALL IN situation.  Wilson was just heaving hail marys and they were just landing deep.  I can understand if Revis made that read/int, but he didn't.  He's in his 30s now, off an ACL and yes, he's just a past tense character.

Last edited:
Barnwell-Mays have 1-10 DVOA references per podcast for the last year and change but I haven't heard it ever outside of that pod :lol: concept's interesting but I feel like it'd be hard for that to be accurate enough to be a legitimate tool

Last edited:
I've been saying all along that by the end of the '16 season, either RG3 or Gruden (maybe both) will be gone. After yesterday's debacle, it's more than safe to say that RG3 has taken his last snap in a 'Skins jersey.

Gruden is putting all his chips on the table for Kirk Cousins. If it doesn't work out for him, he's going to be gone as well. We'll get to see if the 1st team offense was sputtering because of playcalling or QB under center. Gruden's job is riding on Cousins, and as a 'Skins fan, I hope that he can give the team decent QB play. I have my doubts.

All in all, this was the most bizarre saga involving an athlete, spanning multiple years, that I've ever seen in my life. Non-stop drama. It is what it is...2012 seems like decades ago, but man....that was some exciting football. Time to close the book on RG3 and look ahead. Either Cousins is our guy going forward, or it's time to start scouting who we'll be taking with one of the top 2 picks along w/ the 49ers.

Last edited:
Watching the replay of this Jags-Lions game right now and Bortles is looking pretty good. Looks so much more comfortable and confident out there.

^ Also watching the replay and he does look confident.

His size is perfect.

And I know the Jags helmets are a disgrace but I think they'd look tough if they just faded the colors better.

It looks ******ed just changing up right in the middle with no blend.

Color combo is nice though.

whatever takes attention away from their actual play on the field, right? am i rite??? :lol:

kidding...looking forward to seeing more of Bortles this year. he's got some nice toys this year

Barnwell-Mays have 1-10 DVOA references per podcast for the last year and change but I haven't heard it ever outside of that pod
laugh.gif
concept's interesting but I feel like it'd be hard for that to be accurate enough to be a legitimate tool
Let me say this—I think PFF is crap and same for many of the other "advanced" tools around, but DVOA has been very predictive over the past few seasons.  I'm a believer.

One good example is, when the Panthers started 1-3 in 2013 and Rivera was almost fired, the DVOA stats showed them as an outlier/one of the best teams in the league.  Also predicted the Seahawks' blowout of the Broncos. 

Mariota was looking flustered out there last night with the Chiefs defense chasing after him. He's gonna put up pretty much the same type of stats Russell Wilson and Alex Smith put up, but he probably won't ever get crap for it cause everybody likes him.

Mariota was looking flustered out there last night with the Chiefs defense chasing after him. He's gonna put up pretty much the same type of stats Russell Wilson and Alex Smith put up, but he probably won't ever get crap for it cause everybody likes him.

Mariota has and will receive plenty of slander, I can't think of a starting QB that hasn't.

---------

Lol at Revis being just okay, theres good chance the Pats aren't in the Superbowl last year without him, they will miss him so much this season.

Clown

I shouldn't take the bait, but Russell Wilson does not put up stats like Alex Smith.

@DragonflyJonez: RG3 tweeting Bible passages like someone died and we havent even gotten thru preseason yet. Gonna be a long 17 weeks.

:rofl:

It's over for RG3 in DC. I've supported him up until now. Regardless if the drama is warranted or not, it's still drama. Time for us to trade him for whatever and move on.

[COLOR=#red]
For whoever play and was curious, Draft was this morning...
10 Team, Standard, IDP league, 4th pick...

Thee Ryan Tannetrills
QB - Ryan Tannehill
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Randall Cobb
WR - Golden Tate
Flex - Lamar Miller
TE - Zach Ertz

DL - JJ Watt
LB - Luke Kuechly
DB - Morgan Burnett

Bench: