OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
and he should be paid. only ones that have something bad to say is seattle fans. instead of wanting one of the most important dudes on they team to be paid well , they complaining about him for not "honoring his contract" ... teams dont honor contracts constantly  yet nobody says a word.
. yet they have no problem with russell getting paid like one of the best qbs in the L when he isnt one of them..... 

And kam is getting paid as a top 3 strong safety :lol:
The offered contract made him the highest pad SS :lol:

and he should be paid. only ones that have something bad to say is seattle fans. instead of wanting one of the most important dudes on they team to be paid well , they complaining about him for not "honoring his contract" ... teams dont honor contracts constantly  yet nobody says a word.

. yet they have no problem with russell getting paid like one of the best qbs in the L when he isnt one of them..... 
I've said numerous times Kam should be paid, as well as Bennett, Avril..NFL players in general, ect...I completely understand NFL arent worth the paper they are written on

I could understand if Seattle flat out said no to any negotiations..I get Kam's stance

but there is a deal, a very nice once close to what he's asking for. ( a deal that was said to be agreed upon a month ago)

Risk losing millions of dollars over 900k taxable funds is not a smart BUSINESS move imo is all I'm saying

Both sides are losing this battle

Man, that 49ers video...

it's crazy. Have more people died in/around Levi's stadium within the past two years than any east coast stadium ever?

How'd that rugby guy do?

examples?
no guaranteed contracts in the nfl ..

are you serious .... its why players fight for that guaranteed money. they get cut they aint getting what they contract says. dez bryant got 5 year 70 mil. he is guaranteed 45. hes gets cut or falls off he aint getting 70... just how the nfl works ... i cant blame players for not honoring contracts when they worth more. 

Last edited:

Man, that 49ers video...

it's crazy. Have more people died in/around Levi's stadium within the past two years than any east coast stadium ever?

How'd that rugby guy do?
Fumbled his first Punt

Had a few nice runs and catch after that

Man, that 49ers video...

How'd that rugby guy do?
Is that true? I went to the SD @ SF game as a SD fan last year and didnt have any conflicts

i remember when i went to candlestick to see a niners and cowboys game ... cowboys fans outnumbered the niners fans. i remember reading in the papers after that the niners were complaining that it felt like an away game. maybe it was because the niners werent a good squad at all or maybe its a different atmosphere at levi stadium.... 

Seattle is doing the right thing not paying Kam. Its about sustained success, not making your players rich. Thats how it is in this league. Be smart as a player n your comtract negotitations or go play baseball.

Seattle is doing the right thing not paying Kam. Its about sustained success, not making your players rich. Thats how it is in this league. Be smart as a player n your comtract negotitations or go play baseball.
but having kam on the field is vital to they success..... 

Last edited:
“I didn’t have not one problem until I went into Foxboro,” Dansby said. “You can ask anybody on that team that year. We didn’t have no problems with my headset until I got to Foxboro. And, man, I tell you every time I came to the sidelines, taking my helmet off trying to fix it. They was trying to fix it, they couldn’t get it fixed. So we had to give hand signals, and we were dead in the water. They ran when they wanted to run, they threw it when they wanted to throw.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ects-foul-play-from-2008-game-in-new-england/

but having kam on the field is vital to they success..... 

Maybe for two or three years. How about five years from now when dude is 33 with a bunch of concussions and youre still feeling his cap hit?

Let the next dude step up who is willing to play for the number he agreed to. Its 53 guys on a team. If youre relying that much on ONE guy who isnt a QB, your long term aint looking too great regardless.

In the NFL, your signing bonus is the guaranteed part of your contract.
not really.. a large chunk of the guaranteed money will come up front, yes..

but usually it will be spaced out through the first couple years, since it's the backend where all that funny money is and you may have a player on the downside of things (think vick's '100 mill' deal with the eagles when he had 40 mill guaranteed.. the last year alone on that deal was just over 20 I think that there was no way in hell he was seeing)

a lot of math goes into NFL contracts and the impact they can have on the cap.. like you can have a ton of bonuses that have to be accounted for in a given year that the player will never reach but if you have cap space that year that bonus can go to your benefit, because you can carry that money over because it was money that was accounted for that was never given.. smart teams have been doing this for years because you can inflate the salary cap

Last edited:
The long term success of the team >>>>> appeasing one player. Kam is a banger but you can fall off at any time in this league. They should trade him and give the next guy a shot IMO

Or just be a ***** and let your players dictate your salary cap so Pete can save face in the locker room. Whatever suits them best :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom