OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of QBs are bland off the field. They don't get the free pass Luck does. Even Payton in Indy caught more flack then Luck. I've never seen a QB absolved of blame the way he is. Usually a QB gets more praise/blame then everyone else. Luck only praise to this point.

He currently leads the league in TO. 6 to Sam Bradfords 5.

21 picks 7 fumbles since the start of last year. Leads the NFL.

What are you looking for with this? Confirmation of bias by us? By the media companies? By an author or journalist to shed light on it? I agree with you but curious on what you want

Funny, as you're posting, I'm listening to the media (is ESPN still the media?) talk about how throwing into double and triple coverage has been an issue his entire career and was a huge issue last night.

Literally, that's the conversation right now on my television as I'm posting this after reading your drivel about a free pass.

Head coach blasts him about how he's gotta take care of the ball. You heard about that through what? The media (unless you were in the locker room).

Free pass, though.

Maybe we have different definitions of 'free pass'. To me, it would mean I didn't hear the convo I'm hearing right now, because it doesn't happen, because he's getting a free pass.

And yes, they're also taking about how he needs better protection to throw deep, and needs a better game plan that sets up deep balls with short gains.

It's almost like they're taking about multiple facets to a problem instead of just one narrow-sighted element they're trying to push.

Hmmm... I wonder if they would talk about where his head was at if he said he feels he's the best QB in the league. I'm sure they would... but he hasn't said that. He says he needs to protect the ball more.

I wonder if they would talk about it if he weren't on speaking terms with the 3rd string QB. I think they would, but that's not the case.

His hand: he's playing it better.

Last edited:
A lot of QBs are bland off the field. They don't get the free pass Luck does. Even Payton in Indy caught more flack then Luck. I've never seen a QB absolved of blame the way he is. Usually a QB gets more praise/blame then everyone else. Luck only praise to this point.

He currently leads the league in TO. 6 to Sam Bradfords 5.

21 picks 7 fumbles since the start of last year. Leads the NFL.

What are you looking for with this? Confirmation of bias by us? By the media companies? By an author or journalist to shed light on it? I agree with you but curious on what you want

He's hoping Jay Gruden is an NTer, reads this and activates Bob.

Luck gets plenty of blame but his team also sucks. Bad defense, bad O line and has never had a good RB. Luck is doing a lot on his own, that's the reason for turning the ball over so much. He's forcing too much.

Arians >>> Pagano

Thought it was a huge mistake letting him go.

Last edited:
Denver_Broncos_Black_And_Decker--SHIRT--SPG.jpg

:lol:

Nothing at all. Just a general discussion about Luck. We've bypassed the bias. We can now turn to the obvious next topic.

Is a TO machine that has got away with cleaning up his own messes a top 10 QB really?

BTW he's played in a joke division his whole career.

Last edited:
28 turnovers since week 1 last year? LOL

At some point you just need to throw the ball away or eat the sack.

So Luck stinks and it's all his teams fault. RG stinks and it's all his fault. RG has a legit excuse because of injury, what's Lucks?

That media bias is real. I've never seen a player turn the ball over constantly and continue to get praised like he does.

I mean Luck is a much better player, so there's that :lol: But I made the same point to my roommate last night; anytime RG3 had a subpar game there were hoards of people giving diatribes about how he's this and that, meanwhile you have QB's like Eli, Flacco, and now Luck who have put together several games far worse than anything RG3 ever did and nobody even bats an eye. I realize that's partly because two of them have won Super Bowls, but they also had MUCH better teams in place pretty much their whole careers than RG3 ever did.

That being said, I don't think he's ever gonna be any good again :lol: But the double standard that existed/lack of leeway anyone was willing to give him was kinda insane.

EDIT: Ska that report about Rob and Kirk not being on speaking terms is 100% not true, as are a LOT of things that have come out about him over the years. Has he done himself any favors with some of his "best qb" type comments? No, definitely not. But to me he and the ******** have entered TO/Cowboys territory where some media people would run with rumors or throw **** at the wall and see if it would stick just go get stories, even if a lot of it was totally fabricated.

He also has been the victim of people clipping his words and removing context to make a headline, more times than I'd care to count. People hate coach speak and platitudes but when an athlete is actually candid and honest they get royally screwed.

Last edited:
So Luck stinks and it's all his teams fault. RG stinks and it's all his fault. RG has a legit excuse because of injury, what's Lucks?

That media bias is real. I've never seen a player turn the ball over constantly and continue to get praised like he does.

I mean Luck is a much better player, so there's that :lol: But I made the same point to my roommate last night; anytime RG3 had a subpar game there were hoards of people giving diatribes about how he's this and that, meanwhile you have QB's like Eli, Flacco, and now Luck who have put together several games far worse than anything RG3 ever did and nobody even bats an eye. I realize that's partly because two of them have won Super Bowls, but they also had MUCH better teams in place pretty much their whole careers than RG3 ever did.

That being said, I don't think he's ever gonna be any good again :lol: But the double standard that existed/lack of leeway anyone was willing to give him was kinda insane.

It's because people hate him as a person. That's part of the reason. He's a lightning rod for controversy, a lot of which is his own fault...and then the other portion is media driven crap from dummies like Jason Reid.

Don't worry...Russ has next. :lol:

*Your boy Kyshoen Jarrett has been VERY impressive.

Last edited:
Can we stop talking about a practice squad free safety and at least compare Luck to Cam? What would happen if Cam had two games like this back-to-back? I guarantee the tune would be different.

Can we stop talking about a practice squad free safety and at least compare Luck to Cam? What would happen if Cam had two games like this back-to-back? I guarantee the tune would be different.

Indeed. Me being a Skins fan wasn't smart uses RG as a example. The narrative would def be different. No way Cam could lead the NFL in TO since last year and it not be talked about everywhere.

Indeed. Me being a Skins fan wasn't smart uses RG as a example. The narrative would def be different. No way Cam could lead the NFL in TO since last year and it not be talked about everywhere.

What if Cam also led the league in touchdowns and his team made it to the NFCCG? Would that still not be enough?

They are , since you could actually hit the QB when Brady was coming into the league. Luck plays in a dome against soft competition who aren't allowed to lay hands on him in the pocket, yet he still can't hold onto the ball

It's because people hate him as a person. That's part of the reason. He's a lightning rod for controversy, a lot of which is his own fault...and then the other portion is media driven crap from dummies like Jason Reid.

Don't worry...Russ has next. :lol:

*Your boy Kyshoen Jarrett has been VERY impressive.

:pimp: I've been rooting for Kyshoen hard I'm glad to see him doing well; wasn't even sure he'd make the team. Doesn't have the prototypical size but he has a good feel for the game and hits like he weighs 230.

On a personal note, he was raised by a single mom with 4 kids and his bro has cerebral palsy. Growing up he always woke up extra early and went out of his way to take care of him and made sure he had everything he needed. Always makes me feel good to see people like that succeed in life :pimp:

What if Cam also led the league in touchdowns and his team made it to the NFCCG? Would that still not be enough?

Your missing the bias. You forget the Colts have a bad O-Line and Defense apparently. Cam wouldn't get that and hasn't to this point. His D is great win or lose.

Luck can turnover the ball 5 times. Putting his defense in bad spots and the defense takes all the blame. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom