OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yall have a preference for NFL broadcasts? NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC/ESPN

For some reason I dislike CBS NFL broadcasts.

I prefer CBS. Better broadcasters and I'd watch wherever James Brown is for pregame. He left Fox and it wasn't the same. Joe Buck annoys me and their broadcasters/color commentators don't cut it. I like Michaels and Collinsworth, but other than that, the presentation is bleh and soapbox Costas is damn near getting to a Buck level for me. CBS is just a better presentation and most all their broadcasters are very good. Harlan, Nantz, Gumble, Eagle > than everything on the FOX side. Tirico on ESPN is trash too.

i like Al and Cris best.
Then Nantz and Simms on CBS.

SNF is so well produced. They make the games so much more enjoyable.

Glad the Panthers have a Sunday night game this year again.

Get out of here w/ that PR response :lol: there's really no doubt that he's the backup. I honestly would like to see him under center in a game. The Steelers aren't the Jets, even w/ injuries they still have a solid OL. They do what they do best and give Ben time and Ben knows how to extend if need be; I'm certain Vick could do the same.

No PR, team and mgmt love Jones for some reason. Fans, not so much, most wanted him cut instead of Taj Boyd

damn Ryan Mallett really missed practice?

this isn't Arkansas big guy

as far as TV guys go Cris and Troy are the best two in the biz IMO and I enjoyed DUIonovon McNabb surprisingly

Last edited:

as far as TV guys go Cris and Troy are the best two in the biz IMO and I enjoyed DUIonovon McNabb surprisingly
Wow Mallet super salty 
mean.gif

I really dislike SNF on NBC and MNF ESPN coverage. Commentators bug me. I enjoy pretty much anyone on CBS and Fox.. NFL Network is neutral 

Get out of here w/ that PR response :lol: there's really no doubt that he's the backup. I honestly would like to see him under center in a game. The Steelers aren't the Jets, even w/ injuries they still have a solid OL. They do what they do best and give Ben time and Ben knows how to extend if need be; I'm certain Vick could do the same.

No PR, team and mgmt love Jones for some reason. Fans, not so much, most wanted him cut instead of Taj Boyd

Maybe wanting someone to groom. Ben is aging and they need a younger guy to groom and take the helm eventually. Might depend of the situation, if Been needs a breather for a good stretch, they'll probably go w/ Vick.

Da white CC >>>

I dont get the hate for his commentary

Me either. He's one guy that truly knows his stuff.

I suppose it's cause he comes off as pompous, but that's some petty stuff in my opinion when you have a guy that drops the knowledge like he does.

same here. troy is tops for me. i dont like cbs at all. the rest nbc and espn  are just okay. 

Entire offense worked and the defense especially benefited from that ground and pound. No denying that,

Where that put us now is the ole egg vs the chicken argument.

Was the o-line or Murray the main reason the eunning game was so dominant?

Personally I think it was the line, but Murray complimented them beautifully and I wanted him back.

With all that said I still see this offense being one of the top rushing teams again this year. That o-line is just too good man, and doesnt require a blue chip rusher to take advantage of it. There will be an abundance of opportunity imo.

Murray was good BEFORE the O-Line got solidified. He broke Emmitts single game rushing yardage record against the Rams, as a rookie in 2011. Tyron Smith's rookie season. He had a 1,000 yard season in 2013 (should have had more that year). Almost broke 1,000 in 2012 but, he kept getting injured. Cowboys fans were begging for more rushing attempts for DeMarco for atleast 3 years. But, the team wanted to be a passing team.

We could have had a playoff birth in 2013 but, Jason Garrett wanted to throw it 80 times a game. In 2014 when we finally committed to the run and had balance? Murray breaks Dallas' single season rushing yardage mark.

The OLine did'nt make Murray. He was already legit. Silly staff used him improperly for years, plus injury history, I'll admit. The offensive line just made him more lethal.

Fox is clearer than CBS. CBS seems to have a fuzzy look on all the TVs I watch it on.

Collinsworth can eat a ****. Buck can choke on a ****. Troy and Al are cool.

I thought CBS being horrible looking was jus a DC thing but apparently it's horrible. They need to completely redo their graphics package. **** is terrible

I actually think NBCs SNF Intro has become iconic like their NBA theme in the 90s

I really don't get the Collinsworth hate, dude knows his stuff and I think he's pretty fair across the board

that's why I love Troy, he does a lot of NCF East games and is not bias at all to the Cowboys, he keeps it 100% real, I feel the same way with Irvin

Da white CC >>>

I dont get the hate for his commentary

Me either. He's one guy that truly knows his stuff.

I suppose it's cause he comes off as pompous, but that's some petty stuff in my opinion when you have a guy that drops the knowledge like he does.

Ppl always mention him being pompous and arrogant...I dont see it as much ppl make it out to be tbh

But like you said he knows his stuff, calls it like he sees it, and genuinely into the game..he's good a balance imo

Plus he sounds like he's off a couple a cocktails so I gotta rock with him [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I really don't get the Collinsworth hate, dude knows his stuff and I think he's pretty fair across the board

that's why I love Troy, he does a lot of NCF East games and is not bias at all to the Cowboys, he keeps it 100% real, I feel the same way with Irvin

I dont mind Troy but I can see why ppl dont like his stoic approach to every single play :lol:

Joe Buck is ok sometimes and I get why ppl hate him...he def comes off as a prick :lol:

I dont mind Troy but I can see why ppl dont like his stoic approach to every single play :lol:

Joe Buck is ok sometimes and I get why ppl hate him...he def comes off as a prick :lol:

I feel like Troy is the NFL version of Herbie with college

Joe Buck never really bothered me but Philly HATES him, I am in the very low minority around these woods :lol:

Collinsworth just slobs everyone, not insightful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom