Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

troy williamson was selected 7th overall in 2005?! ... jags get a steal if the qb situation wa sthe only reason why he sucked in minnesota

He can't catch a football, that's why he sucked in MN.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

AP is reporting DA has signed a multi-year deal with the Browns after signing the tender last night.

Word is the deal is trade friendly so they might be able to move him for a 1st rounder somewhere.

Phil Savage is a crafty dude...

Also the Browns got Corey Williams from the Pack for a 2nd round pick. Corey had 7 sacks last year which is DANG good for a DT.
pimp.gif

But its imperitive the Browns move DA for a 1st or we wont be picking until the 3rd round.
smh.gif

This had me sort of
eyes.gif
. I mean, sure we have a lot of depth there...I'm sure Ted will pull something out his sleeve though.

edit: I'm only happy if it's a 2nd rounder though and not a 3rd

As I (and many others) predicted after his release, Alge Crumpler is close to signing with Seattle. Seattle has become the place for ex-Falcons to go toflourish...watch Jim Mora put up a 14-2 season in 2009.
eyes.gif

At least he isn't going to Tampa...

Reports: Eagles set to sign Asante Samuel

Posted: February 29, 2008

Sporting News staff reports

The Philadelphia Eagles are expected to sign cornerback Asante Samuel, according to several reports.

The deal is expected to be worth $47.2 million over five years, ESPN reports. Samuel had been seeking a deal worth at least $10 million a year. but phillyBurbs.com reports that Samuel's agent, Alonzo Shavers said he was looking for more like $12 million a year.

The New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers also were rumored to be chasing Samuel. The Pro Bowler had 44 tackles and six interceptions last season with the Patriots -- one for a touchdown.

Samuel, who is 27 and entering his sixth NFL season, was visiting the Eagles' practice facility on Friday. The deal reportedly was pending Samuel passing a physical.

Samuel was drafted by the Patriots with their fourth-round pick in 2003. He shares the NFL record of three career postseason interception returns for touchdowns.

$47.2 million is a long way from $100 million.

Do they teach math down there at UCF? Gunna...
nerd.gif

Tatum Bell going to Dallas? huh? just was heard on detroit radio station.
Bengals in the Shaun Rogers Sweepstakes

Wonder if that contract has some large guaranteed money attached to it because it seems extremely low compared to what they were looking for.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Wonder if that contract has some large guaranteed money attached to it because it seems extremely low compared to what they were looking for.

This is what I was thinking.....

If he get's an insane amount of guaranteed money....I can see why he went that route....

Jets management actually makes some moves early on.

I don't know if the Vilma trade will benefit us a whole lot though. It hurts to see him gone, but I guess it was necessary because of the extent to theinjury on his knee and the fact that he apparently isn't going to fit in the defensive scheme Mangini wants to work with. The Kris Jenkins trade is good Ithink, but hopefully trading a 3rd and 5th round pick doesn't bite us in the $%%.

Now I hope we sign Faneca and have a good draft. The Jets have the money to spend, I don't understand why they wouldn't sign Faneca if they can.

The Bengals traded for shaun Rogers

The Cincinnati Bengals, who acquired defensive tackle Shaun Rogers in a trade with the Detroit Lions on Friday afternoon, reached a three-year agreement with linebacker Dhani Jones.

The Bengals traded third-round and fifth-round draft picks to Detroit to acquire Rogers.

Jones and linebacker Landon Johnson were two of the team's priorities to re-sign once free agency started Friday morning. Jones, who signed with the Bengals during the 2007 season after a number of linebacker injuries, was the first to reach an agreement. Talks continue with Johnson, who is an unrestricted free agent.

The Bengals lost safety Madieu Williams to the Vikings early Friday morning when he agreed to a six-year, $33 million contract.

Updated: 3:50 p.m.
An NFL source confirmed Friday the Bengals have swung one of their biggest deals in history by acquiring Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers for third- and fifth-round picks.

Great move for the Bengals!
smile.gif
Now hope for Sedrick Ellis tofall to us at #9 and our D-line in our new 3-4 is going to be
pimp.gif

Liek I tried to school yall before in another thread, nate aint seein no part of that 80 mill. If that contract is correct, its still 9+ mill a yr at loweryrs, so that means Zant will more than likely be a UFA again before he is completely out of his prime and his playing career is up. and he dont have to worryabout a bogus back loaded contract.
Win/Win.
just wait n see what the bonus is. so no its not a 100 dollar deal but it aint like he gettin shorted.

and one Agent I dont question is Alonzo. he got Zant out of being franchised with a great deal with the Pats who are known for puttin it to players and agents.

WFAN has reported that the New York Jets have offered Alan Faneca a 4 year contract worth $32 million, with $20 mill in guarantees.......

decision probably to be made tomorrow

Can't believe a 29 year old Jerry Porter got 6 years for $30 mil. I thought dude was going to be a star in Oakland, so physically gifted, wow.
indifferent.gif

Gunna where is your boy Travis Fisher gonna go?

and also this was on Asante's wikipedia page

Samuel has a tattoo on his left arm that says "Get Rich To This". It was widely reported during Samuel's post-2006 season contract situation that the tattoo said "Get Paid". Samuel's tattoo is the name of a Goodie Mob song that Samuel liked in college.

Is this true?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

WFAN has reported that the New York Jets have offered Alan Faneca a 4 year contract worth $32 million, with $20 mill in guarantees.......

decision probably to be made tomorrow

I hope the Jets get him. I think he's waiting it out to see what possible offers the 49ers and Cardinals might give him though.

Back
Top Bottom