Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Moss turned down more money and a bigger contract from the Eagles to stay with Pats

Your "BOY" tell u this?
laugh.gif

the Philly Inquirer said it.

Former first-rounders Reggie Williams and Matt Jones have been disappointments.
Why did he just put reggie will.. and Jones in the same sentence
indifferent.gif
...there is a monumental difference

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

[table][tr][td]
Moss Staying in New England

NFL_Moss_small.jpg

Patriots agreed to terms with WR Randy Moss on a three-year, $27 million contract, according to NBCSports.com's Tom Curran. The Boston Globe reports Moss' deal includes a $12 million signing bonus.

According to the Boston Herald, the Eagles offered Moss more money, but he turned them down. Moss will make only $1.33 million-per-year more than Bernard Berrian. His guaranteed money did increase. Moss and Tom Brady can't expect to set records again in 2008, but they are slight favorites to remain atop their positions in fantasy leagues while playing together. Mar. 3 - 2:02 pm et
Source: NBCSports.com [/td] [/tr][/table]

i'm guessing you didn't see my earlier post
nerd.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Former first-rounders Reggie Williams and Matt Jones have been disappointments.
Why did he just put reggie will.. and Jones in the same sentence
indifferent.gif
...there is a monumental difference

Didn't Reggie break one of Jimmys records this year

Losers

New England Patriots: What a tough start to the offseason. The secondary took hits with cornerback Asante Samuel heading to Philadelphia, cornerback Randall Gay going to New Orleans and safety Eugene Wilson expected to leave in the next few days. Even though Moss is staying, the Pats lost WR Donte' Stallworth to Cleveland and Jabar Gaffney is unsigned. Outside linebacker Rosevelt Colvin was released.

Do these people watch football? Eugene Wilson's play has declined every year he has been in the league. He literally got worse every yearand on top of that couldnt stay healthy. Randall Gay played about 4 games every season as he was always hurt. Donte' Stallworth is now on his 4th team in4 years so that should tell you something. Gaffney will most likely be back as he has proven his worth and he comes at a reasonable price. Colvin has had twosignificant injuries since signing with the Patriots and certainly wasn't the same player after injuring his hip in his 1st season with them. He was alsoowed alot of money this year so it was probably a wise move to cut ties with him.

Losing Samuel is a the only loss that stands out amongst those mentioned. He has improved every year he has been in the league and was able to cash in on backto back monster years and deservedly so. The Patriots track record has shown they can overcome losses of players but it will definitely be interesting to seeif they can overcome the loss of a player of Samuel's caliber at such an important position.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Losing Samuel is a the only loss that stands out amongst those mentioned. He has improved every year he has been in the league and was able to cash in on back to back monster years and deservedly so. The Patriots track record has shown they can overcome losses of players but it will definitely be interesting to see if they can overcome the loss of a player of Samuel's caliber at such an important position.

Yep. You gotta pay these elite players eventually....and keep them....

Now that Moss is back (thank u Lord
happy.gif
) should the Pats just wait for thedraft or is there a player or players in the FA pool that they might be interested in?

Packers got a nice young defense.. I think they should add another QB like quinn gray to compete with aaron rodgers... a TE would be nice too

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Favre is really leaving... what do the Packers do?

Draft a CB and a RB in the 1st two rounds and let their Defense and Running game carry them to the playoffs.

I agree 100% about the CB, but another RB? really?

Keep in mind we have 2 2nd round picks
pimp.gif

if any yr a team with a RB were to draft a RB, this is it.

possible 2nd round backs,
Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Tashard Choice, and Matt Forte

I know they'll prolly sit on their pick of Brandon Jackson from last yr, but he's just not that good

^^Dont you agree that they should wait till the 3rd rd to draft a back b/c they will get tremendous value b/c you know 2-3 guys with a 2nd round grade willfall to the 3rd or 4th

Losing Samuel is a the only loss that stands out amongst those mentioned. He has improved every year he has been in the league and was able to cash in on back to back monster years and deservedly so. The Patriots track record has shown they can overcome losses of players but it will definitely be interesting to see if they can overcome the loss of a player of Samuel's caliber at such an important position.
watch out for brandon meriweather. he's got a yr under his belt. ill be interested to see how his pass coverage has improved. we all know hecan hit and tackle, but as seen in the superbowl, we need to get faster in the secondary. but i think the LB core is the bigger issue. so much of the 3-4 hasto do with how well the LBs play. hopefully vernon gholston falls to us, but if he doesn't, look for pioli and belichick to look into moving down andgetting more picks.

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

watch out for brandon meriweather. he's got a yr under his belt. ill be interested to see how his pass coverage has improved. we all know he can hit and tackle, but as seen in the superbowl, we need to get faster in the secondary. but i think the LB core is the bigger issue. so much of the 3-4 has to do with how well the LBs play. hopefully vernon gholston falls to us, but if he doesn't, look for pioli and belichick to look into moving down and getting more picks.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

^^Dont you agree that they should wait till the 3rd rd to draft a back b/c they will get tremendous value b/c you know 2-3 guys with a 2nd round grade will fall to the 3rd or 4th

nope cuz after Choice and Forte there is a severe drop off in talent and ability.

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

watch out for brandon meriweather. he's got a yr under his belt. ill be interested to see how his pass coverage has improved. we all know he can hit and tackle, but as seen in the superbowl, we need to get faster in the secondary. but i think the LB core is the bigger issue. so much of the 3-4 has to do with how well the LBs play. hopefully vernon gholston falls to us, but if he doesn't, look for pioli and belichick to look into moving down and getting more picks.

IMO...

Merriweather is a true FS playing CB....

Don't really he is gonna reach his max potential playing CB.....

I don't understand why they just don't put him @ FS....

ohwell.gif

Um...Aaron Rodgers. They're in good hands, trust.

I'll continue the same thing i've said since that draft...Rodgers > Smith.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

I agree. Even if Rodgers plays ok, he probably will be the best QB in the North
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nope cuz after Choice and Forte there is a severe drop off in talent and ability.
Out of the following guys.. Choice, forte, jamal charles, charles, ray rice or kevin smith.. at least 2 of these backs will be around in round 3when Green Bay picks... RBs & LBs seems to be the position where quality players drop every year

laugh.gif
That makes them okay at QB? Rodgers is going to end up beingtrash. There is no starting QB in the league worse than Smith right now.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

laugh.gif
That makes them okay at QB? Rodgers is going to end up being trash. There is no starting QB in the league worse than Smith right now.

Ehh, it's a tight race. There are plenty of terrible QBs starting right now... I think Aaron Rodgers will be good, having Favre as a mentor has alreadyproduced Hasselback...

Back
Top Bottom