OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

Yes you shouldn't have to throw a rookie QB to the fire. You sure as hell aren't doing it when you throw 180 mil at a QB you just brought in.

just don’t see how this process is that much worse than the Trey Lance once. I get why they did what they did to get Lance to see if they could get a game changing franchise QB because that’s the most valuable thing in this league so much so they took a swing on a dude who was more of a concept than a proven college talent.
9ers had a SB roster being held back by a QB and took a big swing on a high upside QB.

How is this anywhere similar? They gave a QB 100Ms and then drafted a QB to sit for at least 2 years behind him. The most valuable part of having the rookie QB is him being on a cheap deal so that you can load up the roster around him. You can’t do that with the Cousins deal. It’s bad bad process.

9ers had a SB roster being held back by a QB and took a big swing on a high upside QB.

How is this anywhere similar? They gave a QB 100Ms and then drafted a QB to sit for at least 2 years behind him. The most valuable part of having the rookie QB is him being on a cheap deal so that you can load up the roster around him. You can’t do that with the Cousins deal. It’s bad bad process.
Not saying it’s one to one similar but the goal is the same. I don’t think it’s a bad process it’s a different one we haven’t seen tried before maybe but not bad. we’ve seen plenty do that take advance of the rookie contract and make something happen. We’ve seen that work with a Jalen hurts or Russel Wilson but more times than not it’ll be a Desmond Ridder situation which is what we just tried stacking the roster around a guy on a rookie contract and hope for the best. I’m much more comfortable taking it seriously and getting someone with pedigree like Penix. This roster is still talented especially on offense. And this current front office has done well in free agency working with what they could. No one will care in two years he didn’t play the first two years of his rookie contract if he’s balling.

Back
Top Bottom