Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Brodeur isnt even a top 5 goalie right now.

He has been the biggest benefitter from the style of hockey the devils play since he came up. Without the neutral zone trap, he would be exposed like crazy.Even with it, he still gets shown up.

At the top of their game:
Kiprusoff, Luongo, Miller, Lundqvist, Nabokov, etc. > Brodeur.

^yea ok the devils dont play the trap anymore buddy step your life game up sry u dont win cups

biggest benefitter what are you 5?

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

^yea ok the devils dont play the trap anymore buddy
The devils most certainly do play the 2-1-2 defense, which also happens to be known as the trap.

step your life game up
My life "game" is perfectly fine, but thanks for caring.
sry u dont win cups

The New Jersey Devils have won 3 whole stanley cups. Big Deal. Even some of the worstorganizations have one the same, or more.
biggest benefitter what are you 5?

Your the one posting asinine comments about a team who is atop an utterly patheticAtlantic division.

Hopefully the Red Wings can finally beat those damn Blackhawks. I am really getting sick of them and the Blues.

why does brodeur win the vezina every year then?
[table][tr][th=""] Season [/th] [th=""] Winner [/th] [th=""] Team [/th] [th=""] Win # [/th] [/tr][tr][td]1981-82[/td] [td]Smith, BillyBilly Smith[/td] [td]New York Islanders[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1982-83[/td] [td]Peeters, PetePete Peeters[/td] [td]Boston Bruins[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1983-84[/td] [td]Barrasso, TomTom Barrasso[/td] [td]Buffalo Sabres[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td] [td]Lindbergh, PellePelle Lindbergh[/td] [td]Philadelphia Flyers[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td] [td]Vanbiesbrouck, JohnJohn Vanbiesbrouck[/td] [td]New York Rangers[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1986-87[/td] [td]Hextall, RonRon Hextall[/td] [td]Philadelphia Flyers[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1987-88[/td] [td]Fuhr, GrantGrant Fuhr[/td] [td]Edmonton Oilers[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1988-89[/td] [td]Roy, PatrickPatrick Roy[/td] [td]Montreal Canadiens[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1989-90[/td] [td]Roy, PatrickPatrick Roy[/td] [td]Montreal Canadiens[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990-91[/td] [td]Belfour, EdEd Belfour[/td] [td]Chicago Blackhawks[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991-92[/td] [td]Roy, PatrickPatrick Roy[/td] [td]Montreal Canadiens[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992-93[/td] [td]Belfour, EdEd Belfour[/td] [td]Chicago Blackhawks[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993-94[/td] [td]Hasek, DominikDominik Hasek[/td] [td]Buffalo Sabres[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994-95[/td] [td]Hasek, DominikDominik Hasek[/td] [td]Buffalo Sabres[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995-96[/td] [td]Carey, JimJim Carey[/td] [td]Washington Capitals[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996-97[/td] [td]Hasek, DominikDominik Hasek[/td] [td]Buffalo Sabres[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]Hasek, DominikDominik Hasek[/td] [td]Buffalo Sabres[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]Hasek, DominikDominik Hasek[/td] [td]Buffalo Sabres[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]Kolzig, OlafOlaf Kolzig[/td] [td]Washington Capitals[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]Hasek, DominikDominik Hasek[/td] [td]Buffalo Sabres[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]Theodore, JoseJose Theodore[/td] [td]Montreal Canadiens[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]Brodeur, MartinMartin Brodeur[/td] [td]New Jersey Devils[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]Brodeur, MartinMartin Brodeur[/td] [td]New Jersey Devils[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]ZZNo winner due to the
2004-05 NHL lockout
[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]Kiprusoff, MiikkaMiikka Kiprusoff[/td] [td]Calgary Flames[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]Brodeur, MartinMartin Brodeur[/td] [td]New Jersey Devils[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][/table]
Brodeur stared his career in 1991....

Every year huh
eyes.gif

why does brodeur win the vezina every year then?
he won the vezina three times. if he won the vezina trophy every year of his career, he would have about 16 of them.

Devil fans
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...smh

step your life game up

how many times are you going to say that in this thread? I'm really not even sure what you mean by that but as far as hockey goes, I am a thirdgeneration Ranger fan meaning that my grandfather was a Ranger fan which was a while back, my dad grew up his whole life being a ranger fan and i grew up mywhole life a Ranger fan too...thats how long original six franchises have been around, unlike many of the two-bit franchises like the New Jersey Devils. TheDevils started in 1982 maybe and they were terrible up until the mid-90's...You obviously became a devil fan after 2003 and after their 3rd Stanley Cupbecause of the lack of knowledge you've shown in this thread...that goes for the other Devil fans on this thread.

smh.gif
@ this IronmanFitness fool..............

Anyways, good to see Detroit finally beat the Hawks for the first time this season......Toews is missed big time on that Hawks team.
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ Downie for his sucker punch on Blake last night, and it's funny because I don't like Blake and I'm a fan of Downie, yet I'm stillpretty pissed he suckered Blake.

first time checking in, lol @ ironmanfitness getting proven wrong on numerous times.
laugh.gif

Anyways, go sharks! only if they could play better at home
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

first time checking in, lol @ ironmanfitness getting proven wrong on numerous times.
laugh.gif

Anyways, go sharks! only if they could play better at home
smh.gif

It's just weird to me that the Sharks struggle at home. In years past, you would fear for a loss @ SJ, because they were so dominating at home.
Calgary has a good team, Kings tried to get back in the game last night against them, but they can't keep playing from behind all the time
smh.gif

CGY 6 LA 4
eyes.gif

yeah, the flames are just that, hot right now. 5straight i believe.

As for the sharks, winning at HOME should be something easily fixed. they'll get their act together(i hope
frown.gif
)

Nice jersey collection ATFK... Hey who was the goaltender for the Rangers after Giacomin, and before Mike Richter?

Originally Posted by cquan05

^My guess is JVB but i think that's totally wrong?
ohwell.gif

Yeah, you're right, I totally forgot about him, he did start off his career with the NYR.
I think there was someone else before him though, I just can't put a name to him.

U should take the hollweg one back to the store....

tongue.gif

jk....he is the human punching bag tho.....

nice collection bro....

btw, Thockey...i saw your setup in Henzo's thread in general....I love the sticks going to your basement....

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

THockey66-> which team are you a fan of? im jsut wondering because the devil fan keeps comparing the devils to your team

I was born a Red Wing fan as my dad grew up on the outskirts of Detroit. Nowadays i call Long Island home, so im stuck with the Rangers, Isles, and Devilswith the exception of a couple out of market games thanks to Versus. If i had to pick from those 3, it would be the Rangers.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

btw, Thockey...i saw your setup in Henzo's thread in general....I love the sticks going to your basement....

Thanks. Fortunately or Unfortunately thats about a quarter of my stick collection. All my others are just tossed into a closet in my attack hoping to seethe light of day once in a while. I just dont have the room to put the rest up. Only 1 stick on the wall is mine, and thats the first one that i played with.All the rest where acquired from various connects, playesrs, and equipment managers all around the league.

Looks like Downie won't be suspended for his sucker punch on Blake.....
ohwell.gif

As well, here are this years ASG jerseys for those that haven't seen them......
6y2iio7.jpg

81hq8ns.jpg

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Hey who was the goaltender for the Rangers after Giacomin, and before Mike Richter?
Eddie Giacomin played his last season for the Rangers in 1976 and then John Davidson was the goalie until like 1982 and then Vanbiesbrouck
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Hey who was the goaltender for the Rangers after Giacomin, and before Mike Richter?
Eddie Giacomin played his last season for the Rangers in 1976 and then John Davidson was the goalie until like 1982 and then Vanbiesbrouck
tongue.gif
There we go, John Davidson.

Just came across this...

fight2_240.jpg

Senators goaltender Ray Emery stopped more than pucks in practice today, getting into a brief scrap with tough guy Brian McGrattan.

The pair laughed it off afterwards, but were none too pleased with each other after they bumped during a skating drill. As they squared off and tossed fists at each other, teammates quickly jumped in and ended the brouhaha.

Both players dropped their gloves after an initial shove or two in the corner, then Emery ripped his mask off and the two set at it.

"I've got to keep him sharp. You never know when he's going to (fight) again," said McGrattan. "I think the guys kind of got a kick out of it."

Although incidents like this do occasionally occur in hockey practices, it's yet another unwanted headline for the Senators' embattled goaltender. He's endured off-season surgery, nagging injuries, incidents on local roadways and, last week, he slept in and was sent home from a team practice by coach John Paddock.

Emery did try to make amends later in the week by showing up early for a couple of practices and was in net for both of the Senators' weekend victories.

Interestingly, it's not the first incident between Emery and McGrattan. They also scrapped in a practice several years ago while they were with the Senators' AHL farm club in Binghamton.

http://ottsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Senators/2008/01/07/4756765.html

Back
Top Bottom