OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Lotta talk about how hard it will be to get the Command Forces, due to hype.
I'm still not convinced a NIKE Retro can routinely hit mainstream these days.
I, and many others, have bought several Nike Retro classics for clearance recently.
But things happen, ie the Tech Challenge 2s getting swallowed up, CW after CW.
The Command Force w/ Pump could get that respect. I'm just not certain, as it's almost impossible to predict in 2014.
I've always felt the market for this shoe was pretty much limited to us old dudes who had them back in the day.
I could totally be off-base with that assessment, but in the recent years of Jordan Retro flooding, shoes like this can slip thru.
Who knows.
What i CAN see is the Hot Lime CW getting a limited release,
b/c that's how Nike trolls us.
:nerd:

Last edited:
FTR, Burklin is no hypebeast.

He has some weird opinions, IMO (no need to rehash the AM95s with jeans fiasco, LOL) and it does strike me as surprising that he doesn't remember these. I'm not saying you have to like him, but don't lump him in with the 16 year old, JB, Yeezy crowd.

I'm cool with whatever people think of me on this board, so long as you like me or dislike me for who I actually am.
Who said he was a hype beast? No one cares who or what he is, all he wanted to do was squabble like a child.

would love to see these out.. got all the force180 mid cw.. would definitely add these to my collection

I've always felt the market for this shoe was pretty much limited to us old dudes who had them back in the day.

they were definitely a few years before my time of being able to wear them or seeing anyone I knew wear them, was like 8 or 9 at the time. ive picked up a couple pairs off ebay over the years, but no longer wearable sadly. I want the retros cause I missed the boat on these back in the day and I love the early 90's hightops. I think these will have wider appeal than just the sneaker community and im 10 kinds of excited to see them retro'd like this finally :D

they were definitely a few years before my time of being able to wear them or seeing anyone I knew wear them, was like 8 or 9 at the time. ive picked up a couple pairs off ebay over the years, but no longer wearable sadly. I want the retros cause I missed the boat on these back in the day and I love the early 90's hightops. I think these will have wider appeal than just the sneaker community and im 10 kinds of excited to see them retro'd like this finally :D

Good Luck.
I'm interested to see how Nike handles this one.
Curious to see who the buyers are, as well.

The only Air Command Force that could be hard to get ahold of is the neon yellow/Billy Hoyle's.

That's only because it has a nickname and thus would be susceptible to hypebeasts  jumping all over them.

That being said, I'll be damned if I let hypebeasts stop me from getting these.

I think Nike would have to try harder than usual to get the beasts to line up.

They certainly could do it though.

I recall these being expensive back in the day. Any idea on price points this time around?

Lotta talk about how hard it will be to get the Command Forces, due to hype.
I'm still not convinced a NIKE Retro can routinely hit mainstream these days.
I, and many others, have bought several Nike Retro classics for clearance recently.
But things happen, ie the Tech Challenge 2s getting swallowed up, CW after CW.
The Command Force w/ Pump could get that respect. I'm just not certain, as it's almost impossible to predict in 2014.
I could totally be off-base with that assessment, but in the recent years of Jordan Retro flooding, shoes like this can slip thru.
Who knows.
What i CAN see is the Hot Lime CW getting a limited release,
b/c that's how Nike trolls us.
:nerd:

I want to agree, but the marketing machine is amazing.

The last attempt at a pseudo 180 high bricked like Chris Dudley at the foul line. So, that's a good sign.

It kind of depends how much juice they want to put behind this. ...They done more with less in terms of jedi mind tricking the younger generation into flipping out over random stuff.

Who said he was a hype beast? No one cares who or what he is, all he wanted to do was squabble like a child.

Just meant that he's not some little kid. Didn't say the convo was constructive though...

these probably came out before I was born, so you guys will probably hate me. don't care, in

Michael-Jackson-Deal-With-It-Gif.gif

I recall these being expensive back in the day. Any idea on price points this time around?

they were 175 in 1990 dollars, which is about 325 in todays dollars.

if the same care and detail is used on the retro as the og, then they might be pricy (and totally worth it), but on the other hand if the usual retro quality is used and there are no functional pumps then id expect them to be much lower.

still have no idea what price they will be at tho, all we have to go on at this point is 2 pics. either way its time to start saving up!

these probably came out before I was born, so you guys will probably hate me. don't care, in

Michael-Jackson-Deal-With-It-Gif.gif

Then that means that .gif was before you were born too. :tongue:

inflation hasnt double since 1990 bro, you are bein crazy with that

Bruh,

He's right - why speculate when you can answer the question in two seconds on google.

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

Inflation is generally 2 - 4% a year, and it's compounded. That stuff adds up.

The price of a subway token in NYC has gone up 2.5 times since 1990. A slice of pizza has more than doubled. A gallon milk...

Who cares man? If you're a true fan of the shoe you're copping no matter what, pump or no pump, at w.e retail price..

Who cares man? If you're a true fan of the shoe you're copping no matter what, pump or no pump, at w.e retail price..
Not necessarily.  I've passed on plenty of kicks because of how awful the retro was.  The recent piles of garbage Air Ups come to mind.  Don't get me wrong I want these badly but if they suck hardcore and are ridiculously expensive then I will not buy them.  It doesn't have anything to do with being a "true fan" of the shoe.  If they are cheap crap and people buy them up then that just shows that Nike can continue to sell us crap and we will buy it.

Not necessarily.  I've passed on plenty of kicks because of how awful the retro was.  The recent piles of garbage Air Ups come to mind.  Don't get me wrong I want these badly but if they suck hardcore and are ridiculously expensive then I will not buy them.  It doesn't have anything to do with being a "true fan" of the shoe.  If they are cheap crap and people buy them up then that just shows that Nike can continue to sell us crap and we will buy it.
If they're not priced resemble I'm passing also, yeah I'd like a pair but I'm not an idiot paying off the roof for a pair of shoes.

If they're not priced resemble I'm passing also, yeah I'd like a pair but I'm not an idiot paying off the roof for a pair of shoes.
They can be well over $200 and I will pay it easily if they are made right.  If they are anything like the 180s then I'm good.

I think they'll be 180-200$. probably still gonna fly compared to the air 180s because of the true high cut. Nike is starting to realize that people don't want mainstreamed versions of classics they want retros to look retro

edit: hope they do a vintage version like the white and grey air revolutions

Last edited:

Exactly look what they did with the Aerojam recently. :x Always been a personal favorite but these retros were absolute garbage. I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to the 180's tho lol, I guess it didn't hurt that I paid way less than retail for my pairs.

Last edited:

Exactly. A "true fan" of the shoe you want retros done that respect the original.

I don't care who cops or doesn't, BTW. I've never said you have to be a certain age to want the shoe, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom