Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Need

nike-air-griffey-max-1-white-black-fresh-water-varsity-red-060176_1.jpg

Assuming the freshwaters will be the 3rd colorway to drop.. Id be happy with just having those :nerd:

Latest stock pics with the minuscule visible airbags make these look like a GS only release.  
mean.gif

Latest stock pics with the minuscule visible airbags make these look like a GS only release.  :smh:  

It does but they are dropping in men sizes. That's 2 of the 3 CW I need. Just waiting on the Freshwater CW to be announced. It'll be a slap in the face for Nike not to drop those.

wish I could get exicted about these but with no quality improvements there is just no point =/

May attempt to do these .. cant u just strip away the black with acetone then repaint with coats of white and a finisher? :nerd:

The midsole material is black, so no. You could paint over it.

You also run across the Air Unit being white and not Freshwater.

Ordered a 2016 pair off a seller selling them early from ebay and got them today. Definitely got up a .5 size and sole of these things are hard as hell

Last edited:
Ordered a 2016 pair off a seller selling them early from ebay and got them today. Definitely got up a .5 size and sole of these things are hard as hell

Do you have any pairs from the last release? Curious how they compare

Are u sayin size up or are u sayin you got .5 Size of room and to size down

Size up is what i meant and i didn't have a previous release but the quality is good except the paint around the air units is a little sloppy

Last edited:
Size up is what i meant and i didn't have a previous release but the quality is good except the paint around the air units is a little sloppy

similar to the previous retro.. I'm going TTS an throwing dr sholes in these this time around.

the Griffey 1 is hands down the most painful shoe I've ever worn out the box.

^
I dunno if its because I was younger or what but I remember when I had the OG freshwaters back in '96 they were comfy as hell and I loved wearing them.
Also remember them being 100% non breathable.
Then I tried on a retro pair in 2012 and couldnt take them off fast enough.

Last edited:
IIRC, OG's did feel more comfortable.  Softer nubuck?  Bigger airbag?  Who knows. 

^ I respect that

I just bought a used pair of AGM1's only for the Velcro strap so that my PE can be spot on. Painting the rubber isn't possible.

Back
Top Bottom