Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

I've read the german Description. It says something like "giant" or "extra Big" Air Window. lel.

Are the midsoles on BWs still hard as sh!@?

I've really tried to like the  current iterations of BWs, but they're so uncomfortable I ended up giving them away.

I tried to get my hands on the BW gen II comfort versions, but struck out. Specifically this pair. I believe those had/have the softer phylon midsoles.

Are the midsoles on BWs still hard as sh!@?

I've really tried to like the current iterations of BWs, but they're so uncomfortable I ended up giving them away.

I tried to get my hands on the BW gen II comfort versions, but struck out. Specifically this pair. I believe those had/have the softer phylon midsoles.

View media item 1893616

Last pair I had it wasn't the midsole as much as the insole was mad cheap and flimsy. The shoe already ran a little bit small, so I needed a half size up anyway which would have fit perfect if I switched out for a softer insole. I tried switching in a nice insole on the last pair and they were so tight they were just unwearable. Just gave em away.

Last pair I had it wasn't the midsole as much as the insole was mad cheap and flimsy. The shoe already ran a little bit small, so I needed a half size up anyway which would have fit perfect if I switched out for a softer insole. I tried switching in a nice insole on the last pair and they were so tight they were just unwearable. Just gave em away.
I've had three different pairs in the "recent" past, the JD Sports exclusives, the Clerks Pack, and the Persians from 2010? and all were donated or sold because they felt like bricks.

but this is not a US release as of this moment?
you saw that the guy from the previous page have picked them up at finishline, online is EU only now, they will pop up online soon for the US, no need to stress for the Persians, Nike will drop a trillion pairs of them, if you wait long enough you'll eventually even catch them on sale
wink.gif

Last edited:
you saw that the guy from the previous page have picked them up at finishline, online is EU only now, they will pop online soon for the US, no need to stress for the Persians, Nike will drop a trillion pairs of them, if you wait long enough you'll eventually even catch them on sale :wink:  

You dont say? If that were the case, why aren't they as accessible now if they were flooded back on the last release?

Side note: it's almost hard to want to pick up a pair when comparing them to the 2003 tongue. It's A world of a difference.

Last edited:
wish they would use the old tongue shape. i got the Persians that came out in 09' and they had the smaller less pronounced/padded tongue but still same cracking problems as my 03's:smh:

Not going to lie, back in the day I used to HATE this shoe with a passion. All the chavs used to come in and buy them. Used to sell out of the all leather ones the weekend they would come in which was unheard of back in the day.

Nowadays I've mellowed somewhat and can appreciate these for the classics that they are. Might even be tempted by the Persians.......

Not going to lie, back in the day I used to HATE this shoe with a passion. All the chavs used to come in and buy them. Used to sell out of the all leather ones the weekend they would come in which was unheard of back in the day.
i thought that chavs and scally lads in the UK only wear 95s and TNs
laugh.gif

Picked up a pair today from FinishLine at Arundel Mills in Md. Kinda caught me off guard when I saw them. (Haven't been keeping up on kicks like I used to...) Purely a nostalgia pick up. I remember these from when I was a kid.

Picked up a pair today from FinishLine at Arundel Mills in Md. Kinda caught me off guard when I saw them. (Haven't been keeping up on kicks like I used to...) Purely a nostalgia pick up. I remember these from when I was a kid.

What was retail?

Back
Top Bottom