Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

Just read thru the last 6 pages. I didn't know these were the AM right after the 90. You guys are taking me to school right now. :lol:

yeah, Nike renaming em to something lesser like "air classic" basically eroded da prestige they had being part of da OG air max line up.

I have the Persian BW's and they feel exactly the same to me as any current am90, perfectly fine and comfy for everyday wear, baffled at how they were once a running shoe though haha

those are real clean, man EU gets all the good stuff [emoji]128530[/emoji]

as a matter of fact a lot of the BW releases from the past 5-6 years were all EU exclusives
ive heard from people that BWs are really hard to get in the US a few years ago just like with the AM Plus
I had no idea they were difficult to acquire here. I decided to take a break from buying kicks for 4 years to stack up for a car. I missed out on those black/orange AM Plus as well many other shoes.

this is an awesome deal, I don't think they will get any lower than that.

Just read thru the last 6 pages. I didn't know these were the AM right after the 90. You guys are taking me to school right now. :lol:

yeah, Nike renaming em to something lesser like "air classic" basically eroded da prestige they had being part of da OG air max line up.
why the hell would they add classic into the name anyways? Is this the only AM with the 'classic' moniker?

I have the Persian BW's and they feel exactly the same to me as any current am90, perfectly fine and comfy for everyday wear, baffled at how they were once a running shoe though haha
:lol:

Sneaker tech has come a long way, the originals were designed for running in mind. I think sneaker companies don't put any R&D into retro models since they know the consumer will use them for casual wear.

Last edited:
[quote name="unseen" url="/t/529607/official-nike-air-max-91-bw-thread/690#post_2591didn't7934"]
not that this isnt a deal as it is, but does this mean we might see these drop in price overall? 
[/quote]
I think it's safe to wait these out. They will hopefully get the AM 120 treatment.

Regular Persians and PRM versions starting to go on sale at various spots in the UK. I knew patience would serve me well with these!

Any links to specific deals? 

I've seen the PRM persians on sale at soleheaven for £78 but they're sold out now.
Regular Persians and PRM versions starting to go on sale at various spots in the UK. I knew patience would serve me well with these!

I had no idea they were difficult to acquire here. I decided to take a break from buying kicks for 4 years to stack up for a car. I missed out on those black/orange AM Plus as well many other shoes.
this is an awesome deal, I don't think they will get any lower than that.
why the hell would they add classic into the name anyways? Is this the only AM with the 'classic' moniker?
:lol:

Sneaker tech has come a long way, the originals were designed for running in mind. I think sneaker companies don't put any R&D into retro models since they know the consumer will use them for casual wear.

When they do put R&D into retro models by adding newer updated tech it gets crapped on by the "these aren't the same as the shoes I had 25 years ago" crowd. So basically the majority of us on NT lol.

Really though I want a shoe made in 91 to have that 90s aesthetic not covered in Flywire and Fuse.

They have the ultra soles on the updated retros those are awesome. The BW MP that dropped for AM Day are sooo comfortable

What are your impression on the 2016 persian bw for those who have it? durability, comfort, etc 

Really hesitating to buy it, on one hand it's a real classic, and i love the model in general, but in the other hand i'm not collecting sneakers if i buy it's to wear them...and if thy aren't comfortable and durable, not thanks...

Nike has really seems to have downgraded it's quality, don't know why...

What are your impression on the 2016 persian bw for those who have it? durability, comfort, etc 

Really hesitating to buy it, on one hand it's a real classic, and i love the model in general, but in the other hand i'm not collecting sneakers if i buy it's to wear them...and if thy aren't comfortable and durable, not thanks...

Nike has really seems to have downgraded it's quality, don't know why...
Imo I think the material is decent nothing special but I can't complain about it and the comfort is okay it's nothing amazing like the stuff with the ultra sole

Can't really tell but it seems like it isnt

Was looking around for more updated release info on these and according to an article on NiceKicks from 4/27 the flag detail has been removed at the heel.

Deal breaker for me.

Oh I already knew that but still really want to get them.

Here in Europe they will release on the 4th of july as far as I know.

I never cared for the flag detail on them so they are a go for me. I also have a discount code for FTL so they are a day 1 for me

Back
Top Bottom