Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

does anybody know, if any T-Shirts, Shorts or Zipper with Pennys logo were sold together with the Penny I Playoffs?
I wish. Seems like nike doesn't make penny apparel anymore
why would they?  look at these penny's.. they're on the shelves still.  

also, most people don't even know where foamposites came from, if i would ask 5 people wearing foams who used to wear that shoe, bet you 4/5 wouldnt know it was penny.

Last edited:

does anybody know, if any T-Shirts, Shorts or Zipper with Pennys logo were sold together with the Penny I Playoffs?

I wish. Seems like nike doesn't make penny apparel anymore
why would they?  look at these penny's.. they're on the shelves still.  
vote for dumbest comment in the thread.
i don't understand why it would be dumb, why would they invest in something that isn't popular.  penny was in around 1993-2000 when he was relevant and playing for the magic.   i hardly remember them making his apparel when he was with the knicks or the suns after he was traded.

So Penny isnt relevant because this release didnt sellout ? But nike made a penny 5 and even lil penny got 2 kicks made in his honor. But penny isnt relevant, ok

So Penny isnt relevant because this release didnt sellout ? But nike made a penny 5 and even lil penny got 2 kicks made in his honor. But penny isnt relevant, ok
yea he isn't relevant.  you think just cause he has a new shoe made for him and lil penny gets 2 kicks, that he's relevant?

allen iverson had a new pair of shoes this year too, i'm sure he's very relevant.  shawn kemp?  his shoe retroed also.  it's not about if they get shoe releases or not, its how they do in the market.

yea he isn't relevant.  you think just cause he has a new shoe made for him and lil penny gets 2 kicks, that he's relevant?

allen iverson had a new pair of shoes this year too, i'm sure he's very relevant.  shawn kemp?  his shoe retroed also.  it's not about if they get shoe releases or not, its how they do in the market.

vote for 2nd dumbest comment in the thread.

Doernbechers look ill 
nthat.gif

Better than the 8's imo.

Never liked or worn 8's and I sure wont start now 
roll.gif

Even though that kid murked it.

I would really like to see, how many pairs in total were produced of the whole Penny line in the last 6 years and how many pairs of shoes were sold of other Nike Signature players. We all know that Penny was not number 1 in all those years sales wise, otherwise we would have read it online or in the paper, but his sales numbers must be up there in the top 5 to top 7 otherwise I can not imagine Nike remaking so many of his shoes.

They have retroed all Penny II OG colors plus new ones, all Penny III colors plus new ones, the Penny I seems to have revived and I am sure that there are many people waiting for the Penny I home retros to drop and since Nike retroed the "playoff" version for the first time ever, the hopes are very high! I think there is no need to talk about the Nike Foamposite shoe, it has Pennys logo on it, so it is part of his line, indifferent, if people today know, why they were so unique back in the days or not. Apart from that we had the Flight Ones and other shoes Penny wore before his signature line. If Nike would release some of the PEs he wore during his stint with Phoenix and New York, people would buy those as well.

Of course some versions end up with a discounted price, but so do shoes of other players.

I think there is demand for 1 or 2 Penny shorts as well as tank tops, zippers and Hoodies in Magic color ways. We see about 5 T-Shirt versions every year, so why not release complements to those.

So I think he is relevant, Nike economic and fan wise! Of course I would say that, I am an OG Penny fan, but I am sure there are new Penny fans, who would buy those things as well! The 1Cent logo is just very convincing, who does not want to have a number 1 on his clothing? Check how many players wear number 1 in the NBA, almost every team has 1 player wearing it!

Penny in terms of NBA awards has achieved less than Chuck, AI and some other players, but he gets more love from the fans, still today, well why is that? Draw your own conclusion!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the first nba players to get dat micro fracture surgery :smh:
Didn't he have 6 knee surgeries altogether? 5 on one knee and 1 on another? Then he had i believe 2 wrist surgeries on his shooting hand? :x

I don't know the specifics. I just know that he was part of the era of players that had micro fracture surgery and have it sap them of their explosiveness. He came back too quick and wasn't the same player. It wasn't until Jason Kidd that a player was actually able to have the surgery and play at a high level.

That said, a lot of nostalgia comes along with penny for sure. Dude was THAT dude when he was healthy. A 6 7 pg that could do it all.
Marketing wise.... That penny logo is probably second to only the Jumpman. Perfect nickname. Perfect logo.

Last edited:
^^^ agreed. I grew up in that era, watching so many of his games. He absolutely destroyed MJ and the Bulls, no one could guard him. He was the 2nd coming of Magic, just so much more explosive.

yeah a big what if, penny 1s are my 2nd fav shoe after black/red XIs not cuz of the player just aesthetically they looked cooler to me, same could be said for Griffey too. he could have easily broken every HR record out there (minus single season probably)

yeah a big what if, penny 1s are my 2nd fav shoe after black/red XIs not cuz of the player just aesthetically they looked cooler to me, same could be said for Griffey too. he could have easily broken every HR record out there (minus single season probably)
The Penny 1 home are my 2nd favorite kicks closely after the playoff xiii. Although Penny and griffey are two of my favorite athletes, that had similar legacies, unfortunately.

Last edited:
This the penny 1 is my 3rd favorite sneaker behind the flint XIIIs and black metallic Vs. It's just something about the look of it that I just love.

The Penny 1 home are my 2nd favorite kicks closely after the playoff xiii. Although Penny and griffey are two of my favorite athletes, that had similar legacies, unfortunately.
yeah but griffey will make the HOF in 2016 probably and i dont think penny will unfortunately

yeah but griffey will make the HOF in 2016 probably and i dont think penny will unfortunately

Agreed. His career didn't peak long enough unfortunately.
Sad thing is he was named one of the top 50 players during the nba at 50 campaign :smh:

Edit: no he wasn't. I'm just in denial :lol:

Last edited:
Agreed. His career didn't peak long enough unfortunately.
Sad thing is he was named one of the top 50 players during the nba at 50 campaign :smh:

Edit: no he wasn't. I'm just in denial :lol:
lol yeah, HOF easily if not injured but thats the way things go after playing high level sports for a certain amount of years, also depends on the type of player. Griffey was the best and most aggressive outfielder of all time which is why he hurt himself so many times but also made some of the best plays ever and as a baseball player myself that wall is intimidating but he didnt care one bit.

^^^ plus he's in the 600 hr club and has no history of juice. Definition of a shoe in.

Back
Top Bottom