OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

If Nike is planning on continuing his sig line, I think they should get an NBA player to carry it on and wear them on court. That's only if they plan on going beyond the Penny V... Maybe somebody like Tyreke Evans?

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Count me in, I like them!

P.S.
Nike while your at it please release a Pippen VI.

I think alot of you are missing the boat on the opportunity Nike is seizing. Some of you are right on point.

Penny's name carries weight. While Nike did a great job re-branding the Foamposite on its own... and using Penny when it needed they are now using Penny to expand the line and move more units.

I'd MUCH rather Penny's line come back to life than keep seeing whats being done to the Jordan line.

Another note Im not sure alot of guys realize. Folks speak down on Hybrids... but in design the term DNA is used often to describe what design cues are used from other shoes. If you walked around the Nike campus...

Many.. and I mean MANY "New" Sneaker designs have design cues from older shoes. Sometimes you will see a Jordan shoe on the Nike or NSW side.... (rarely) or you will see a Nike shoe on the Jordan side.... they are obtaining design cues from other joints to give direction or spark ideas for a new direction. Sometimes those cues are REALLY obvious.. sometimes barely at all due to the great design blends used... especially with the changes the shoes go thru throughout the design process.

I say embrace it as a shoe head.. and NWT I'd get used to that my man if you are planning to make that journey.. lol.. We ALL want to change the world when we get there but quickly realize we gotta learn the Nike way.. and slowly do what we can to put our mark on the place.

Its not a quick process.....but Dolce is def. putting his mark on the Penny line and as long as they drive performance into THIS as opposed to the Zoom Rookie Im a happy dude.

eh... dont like that they leaching off a hybrid and calling it a V... LAME

if anything I hope they change the comfort of the shoe and not be all clunky like the zoom rookie

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I think alot of you are missing the boat on the opportunity Nike is seizing. Some of you are right on point.

Penny's name carries weight. While Nike did a great job re-branding the Foamposite on its own... and using Penny when it needed they are now using Penny to expand the line and move more units.

I'd MUCH rather Penny's line come back to life than keep seeing whats being done to the Jordan line.

Another note Im not sure alot of guys realize. Folks speak down on Hybrids... but in design the term DNA is used often to describe what design cues are used from other shoes. If you walked around the Nike campus...

Many.. and I mean MANY "New" Sneaker designs have design cues from older shoes. Sometimes you will see a Jordan shoe on the Nike or NSW side.... (rarely) or you will see a Nike shoe on the Jordan side.... they are obtaining design cues from other joints to give direction or spark ideas for a new direction. Sometimes those cues are REALLY obvious.. sometimes barely at all due to the great design blends used... especially with the changes the shoes go thru throughout the design process.

I say embrace it as a shoe head.. and NWT I'd get used to that my man if you are planning to make that journey.. lol.. We ALL want to change the world when we get there but quickly realize we gotta learn the Nike way.. and slowly do what we can to put our mark on the place.

Its not a quick process.....but Dolce is def. putting his mark on the Penny line and as long as they drive performance into THIS as opposed to the Zoom Rookie Im a happy dude.
As a penny fan, im excited to see what they can come up with.  Hopefully they can get Penny himself to help out with the process.  This could be a hit if they do this right and aim for performance like you sad.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. If they come with the correct designs then I'd be all for it. But we'll see...

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Originally Posted by DAR228

My prediction of the price of the Penny V will be $225.00.
sick.gif
 hope not lol
130 seems better to me or at least somewhere close to that price
depends on the tech in the shoe and how they feel.

Originally Posted by vood99

So they're going to start adding Hybrids & Fusions to the signature nomenclature. Shame on Nike. 
you know when you frame it like that, yea it sounds bad...kinda wish eric avar was da one making em since he made penny I-IV and da foamposites.

I have very clean detailed pics that were sent to me by a very reliable source.
To protect his job I'm not going to post them (yet) but I will say a few things about them;

air max unit in the heel (blue)
ice soles in the forefront

nike swoosh is very small located on the side of the shoe.
upper is mainly composed of a nubuck and a mesh combo
same tongue as that of previous penny's (gray with black pin stripes)
midsole is blue on the bottom and the white up top

shoe is very clean all around. Nike tried to keep this shoe as 90's as possible (looks wise)
3 qtr mid no straps, changing soles or that crap

If i can get to my photoshop to crop out the stuff that would trace the photo back to the source Ill post pics soon

Hybrid or not, I'm still copping, hope Nike brings this to our part of the world. Just happy to see my boy Penny getting some love again and getting paid. Now dust off little Penny and keep it rolling!

I like em'. I know a lot of people are quick to complain but I'm looking on the bright side here. It could be a lot worse...I just hope they're comfortable.

To be honest, the idea of hybrids and fusions isn't such a new concept when it comes to numbered signature lines. It's all about using technology to your advantage and trying to recreate designs. Though to be honest, there's a ton of Penny II and Flight One in these shoes. With a Penny I tongue. Can't complain about that...

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Excuse my rushed photoshop tragedy. Im tired but there you go.
I can't lie, they look pretty good.  I'm curious about the price-point but they didn't OD on all the hybrid stuff.  They do remind me a little of the Nike Zoom Fun Police that came out a couple of years ago. 

Back
Top Bottom