Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao yeah i also remember you too. i miss that site sometimes lol.
yeah i hear you. ive really slimmed my collection down in the past year and a half. i used to have over 100 pairs and now am down to probably 30-40 pairs after i sold my pairs last week. the older i get, the more i realize that im not going to wear that many pairs of shoes in a period of time. i actually started the routine of selling pairs to offset the cost of my newer purchases when i copped my South Beaches.i think this really is the shoe that ruined the game. it constantly sold for 1000 last year. anywho i found a pair practically DS for 500 shipped with OG all and moved two pairs of semi beaters (01 Black Cement IIIs with a shoddy paint job and Playoff XIIIs with messed up suede). i only ended up coming out of pocket $175 afterwards.
try to join one of the selling groups on Facebook and move your Zens there. you'll be able to get at least $750-$900 there. and if you sell your DS Oly 6s/7s, that should give you a easy $1200 right there. You won't be able to get Solars for that amount without adding more cash but will be able to land DS Plats for that. You'll be able to get your Zens back pretty much whevnever you have the money because theyre the least liked Yeezys now and are the cheapest. I never thought that I would have to do this much planning to get a pair of shoes.
My Plats come in tomorrow morning. Will post pics when I get them. Feels like Christmas came early for me
smokin.gif
LOL. Must be nice.

At sneakercon someone offered me south beaches plus 200$ for my zens. I'd just got there so i wanted weigh my options. Never found him again. And that was the only decent offer i had received that entire function.  And yea i been in that fb group buy sell kicks nyc but its been sloppy ever since the new timeline thing. its hard to see everything. plus i list wanted lists and they get completely ignored so idk how that would work. I know around my area it be a bunch of lil *** kids lowballin the hell out ******.

I love how everyone is always a "true" fan of the shoe, and the others they take aim at, are not.
What do you care if someone else with their own money destroyed their own shoes.? Your the one who sounds gay worrying like a chick about what another grown man does with their kicks.
Let me understand this correctly, because someone chooses to sit their Yee's next to another pair of shoes, in your case some jordan hybrids, they are not a "genuine" fan? LMFAO! That's one of the dumbest things i've seen typed on here. As if someone has to purposely place their Yeezy's next to other Yeezy's in order to be a "true" fan. You know what that and you sound like to me.., a tool!
But I gotta hand it to you, you have balls for calling someone out for wearing a polo, pants, and shoes they paid retail for. Because god knows, paying retail for retro airforce 180's, bred 1's, and black cements is so much more refined.., cough cough; I wore those shoes back in middle school, cough cough overthejumpman<

LOL. Must be nice.

At sneakercon someone offered me south beaches plus 200$ for my zens. I'd just got there so i wanted weigh my options. Never found him again. And that was the only decent offer i had received that entire function.  And yea i been in that fb group buy sell kicks nyc but its been sloppy ever since the new timeline thing. its hard to see everything. plus i list wanted lists and they get completely ignored so idk how that would work. I know around my area it be a bunch of lil *** kids lowballin the hell out ******.

damn that was a good offer for your Zens, i would have done that immediately. as for Facebook selling groups I use NDSBG mostly. as long as you keep bumping your thread, it will get noticed.

and while putting on my Aqua 8s today I noticed something. The 8s are one of the few shoes Ive ever seen that had ridges on the back. Kanye himself is a huge fan of the Aquas and has been seen wearing them several times. I think that the ridges on the back are inspired partialy by the back panel design of the Jordan 8.

damn that was a good offer for your Zens, i would have done that immediately. as for Facebook selling groups I use NDSBG mostly. as long as you keep bumping your thread, it will get noticed.
and while putting on my Aqua 8s today I noticed something. The 8s are one of the few shoes Ive ever seen that had ridges on the back. Kanye himself is a huge fan of the Aquas and has been seen wearing them several times. I think that the ridges on the back are inspired partialy by the back panel design of the Jordan 8.
Damn. I knew i shoulda done it. but i went up in there with the mindset that somebody with yeezy 2's was gonna want them and thats what i mainly went there for...DAMN im SICK! and word good looks i just liked the group. Gonna take tagged pics a lil bit later.

Yea thats a good observation. Yeezy 2's are a mixture of 8's, Air Tech Challenges, and Yeezy 1's.  The Yeezy 2's and Air Tech Challenge Soles are identical.

Last edited:
Guy selling Yeezy's on craigslist... Not sure what the orange thing in his hand is attached to shoe but i know my plats did not have that. Anyone seen Feezys with this? Wish he had more/better pics to see what this tool is trying to sell for $700 lol.

I've sat on this story for a while, but here goes.

Like most of you, I was pretty excited when I saw that the Yeezy 2's were dropping. As they had for some of the previous releases, Nike announced that they were going to drop them online without an exact specified time, but would tweet out the link.

I graduated with a computer science degree, and so I instantly got the idea of somehow leveraging Twitter to give me a better chance of getting a pair or two. The idea was simple - write a computer program that would listen to NIke's Twitter feed and automatically open up the links for me right when the tweet got sent. As many of you know, there's a bit of a lag if you're actually trying to use a Twitter client to see tweets (i.e. you'll actually see them appear seconds after the tweet got originally sent), so writing this sort of a program would completely sidestep that issue and effectively give me a jump on everyone else.

Well, the program worked. I had a good 20-30 seconds of time on NDC which allowed me to get one pair of both colors into my cart, and then the crash happened. All of the craziness ensued, and I was lucky to be able to come out at the very end with my pairs.

If you're smart, then you'll understand the implications of this...

Like most of you, I was pretty excited when I saw that the Yeezy 2's were dropping. As they had for some of the previous releases, Nike announced that they were going to drop them online without an exact specified time, but would tweet out the link.
I graduated with a computer science degree, and so I instantly got the idea of somehow leveraging Twitter to give me a better chance of getting a pair or two. The idea was simple - write a computer program that would listen to NIke's Twitter feed and automatically open up the links for me right when the tweet got sent. As many of you know, there's a bit of a lag if you're actually trying to use a Twitter client to see tweets (i.e. you'll actually see them appear seconds after the tweet got originally sent), so writing this sort of a program would completely sidestep that issue and effectively give me a jump on everyone else.
Well, the program worked. I had a good 20-30 seconds of time on NDC which allowed me to get one pair of both colors into my cart, and then the crash happened. All of the craziness ensued, and I was lucky to be able to come out at the very end with my pairs.
Yo..... i want parts of that computer program straight up. name your price.

Guy selling Yeezy's on craigslist... Not sure what the orange thing in his hand is attached to shoe but i know my plats did not have that. Anyone seen Feezys with this? Wish he had more/better pics to see what this tool is trying to sell for $700 lol.
 I only try to use craigslist for meetups.....90% of people on there are bout to scam you or have fake pairs.

Yo..... i want parts of that computer program straight up. name your price.

I too want in on this computer program. It would be very useful for me.

On another note, they finally came. Seller sent them in this massive Rick Owns box with a Rick Owens dustbag. I love this colorway in person, it blows the Zen Grey colorway away by far.:smokin

To be more specific, some of the pictures are of a legit pair. Mainly the pictures where you can see the whole shoe. The picture of the insole with the size 13 tag is a pair of fakes. Take a look at my comparison thread. The insoles of platinums are red leather with black foam on the other side. In that picture you can clearly see the other side is a white foam, and the horus logo is much too defined.

On the picture of the toebox. you can see all the small stictching holes. That is not present on an authentic pair. You can not see ANY stitching on the toebox of a real pair.

Even if he really does have them, for him to send you fake pictures mixed in with real ones is extremely sketchy.

To be more specific, some of the pictures are of a legit pair. Mainly the pictures where you can see the whole shoe. The picture of the insole with the size 13 tag is a pair of fakes. Take a look at my comparison thread. The insoles of platinums are red leather with black foam on the other side. In that picture you can clearly see the other side is a white foam, and the horus logo is much too defined.

On the picture of the toebox. you can see all the small stictching holes. That is not present on an authentic pair. You can not see ANY stitching on the toebox of a real pair.

Even if he really does have them, for him to send you fake pictures mixed in with real ones is extremely sketchy.
Listen to this dude.
Some pics are or look legit, which threw me off.
Better to steer clear

That is insane! Good job though if you actually pulled that one off! Genius.

so what will be the difference between a client and ur program that shaved off that 30 seconds?

pssh thats nothing i can see the tweet as they're typing it.

I'm studying computer science right now, but they haven't taught me the skills i'd need for this yet. mind sending me that source code, so i could take a look? i'd understand if you didnt want to btw.

so what will be the difference between a client and ur program that shaved off that 30 seconds?

Twitter clients don't refresh exactly in real-time. Take a look at yours and watch the top of the feed... even if you're getting a lot of tweets appearing in your feed, they come bunched a few at a time. The text notifications are even worse, as the information has to travel from Twitter through all of the phone connections.

The listener that I have in place will get the response EXACTLY when the tweet gets sent, because it's only listening to a single account and doesn't have to deal with UI refreshes/etc. Also, since it opens the links immediately when the tweet is sent, it effectively allows me to be one of the very first people to have access to the site while everyone else is waiting for their Twitter feeds to refresh, THEN they click on the link. There's a lot of potential lag time in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom