Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by BCBP

SO YOU TRULY BELIEVE A PAIR OF SHOES MADE OF LEATHER AND RUBBER CAN BE WORTH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS? LULZ. YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED. IM PRETTY SURE IM OLDER THAN 95% OF NIKETALK. YOU MUST BE NEW HERE.

To be fair, your statement was pretty stupid.

ONLY TO THOSE WHO CAN'T CATCH THE JIST OF WHAT IM TRYING TO GET ACROSS OR ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE BRAINWASHED INTO THINKING THE MATERIALS USED IN GUCCI, PRADA, LV SHOES ARE WORTH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS? MORE LULZ. YOU ARE MORE OR LESS PAYING FOR THE NAME AND STATUS. THOSE SHOES AREN'T MADE FROM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF MATERIALS.

FOHWTBS.

MEMPHIS has the nail on the head. No matter what grade leather no matter how much labor went into them the highest quality shoe still has little more than a hundred dollar value in labor and materials. Like i stated I ended up passing on these and picked up a pair of YSL's..... the leather is unmatched... but do i believe the price tag was justified???not at all..... however I do believe that i todays economics that something is worth the work put into it and for that reason i felt more justified in shelling out the loot for the YSL's than the 3k that some are asking for a size 14 in these Yee's that are already showing signs of wear and poor manufacturing. 

This includes LOUBOUTINS etc.... you are paying for a piece of art... not for labor and materials.

SO YOU TRULY BELIEVE A PAIR OF SHOES MADE OF LEATHER AND RUBBER CAN BE WORTH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS?LULZ. YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED. IM PRETTY SURE IM OLDER THAN 95% OF NIKETALK. YOU MUST BE NEW HERE.

ONLY TO THOSE WHO CAN'T CATCH THE JIST OF WHAT IM TRYING TO GET ACROSS OR ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE BRAINWASHED INTO THINKING THE MATERIALS USED IN GUCCI, PRADA, LV SHOES ARE WORTH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS? MORE LULZ. YOU ARE MORE OR LESS PAYING FOR THE NAME AND STATUS. THOSE SHOES AREN'T MADE FROM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF MATERIALS.

FOHWTBS.

Wow. Memphis speaking truth and these kids stay feeding into the hype. He's right in that the consumer puts value into these material items. If no one had a desire to own Yeezys, they wouldn't be worth anything. Because in reality, it's just leather and glue. The consumer creates the hype and the demand and therefore, people pay $1500 for a pair of shoes no one cares that you have. If you want the shoe because you genuinely like the shoe and blowing $1500 isn't a big deal, more power to you. But most people want these shoes just because of hype.

alright as much as I didn't like this at first the Solar pair is needed now; I can't believe myself 
indifferent.gif

Sorry for changing the subject back to the shoes. These are about as comfortable as the lebron 9s. Sad that I can't wear them as much BC they are gonna crease something serious. I've had mine on for a total of about 4 hrs total from 2 wears and can already see it forming... they are so fresh with shorts

Originally Posted by macky

Sorry for changing the subject back to the shoes. These are about as comfortable as the lebron 9s. Sad that I can't wear them as much BC they are gonna crease something serious. I've had mine on for a total of about 4 hrs total from 2 wears and can already see it forming... they are so fresh with shorts

So you won't wear your shoes as much because they'll crease? Man just wear them! They're shoes and meant to be worn. But at the end of the day it's all up to you, but if I had these I'd be rocking it like Yeezy the last few months (the only shoes he rocked until recently).

I've been trying to convince myself that the Plats are better than the Solars, but it's been weeks and still isn't working. I'm VERY grateful that NDC came through, but wish the Solars stayed in my cart with or instead of the Plats. With that being said, I still can't rationalize paying an additional $500 (I think that's the price difference AND I only paid $245) or so for another colorway of kicks.

^^^ The solars were slept on from the get go ... and what made it worst, is the fact that Nike produced more Plats then Solars, but the East Coast received more Solars, so it didn't seem that way to us ...

I'm picking up a pair of Plats today, only because I got a great price ... and I'm going to flip 'em so that I can afford to buy the solars. 

No way that this thread should be locked up ... Even salt is thrown in here, a lot of people happy to see others obtain their pairs.  If the Galaxy Foam thread is still going
tired.gif
 then why not let this side eat.

I am generally a 9 in almost all Nikes/Jordans

in the 2012 cement 4's; I went with an 8.5

could I wear an 8.5 in the Yeezy's?

I'm glad to see some of you guys finally scoring, good price or not. Im content with the fact I'll never have these unless some bizzare stroke of luck hits and I get these for a price I'm cool with. I agree with Memphis, but really, we are the ones who determine the value of things, not the construction or materials. Sneakers arent the only thing that resellers profit on.. If there werent people out there willing to drop $2k on them, they wouldnt have such a high value.. I ended up getting both KOs, the galaxy flight ones, and the steel blue 999s for way under the price of what I would have paid for one pair of yeezys. It's hard because these are mos def fire... But I still can't justify the price.. Keep the pics coming!!!

Originally Posted by akuratl02

^^^ The solars were slept on from the get go ... and what made it worst, is the fact that Nike produced more Plats then Solars, but the East Coast received more Solars, so it didn't seem that way to us ...

I'm picking up a pair of Plats today, only because I got a great price ... and I'm going to flip 'em so that I can afford to buy the solars. 

No way that this thread should be locked up ... Even salt is thrown in here, a lot of people happy to see others obtain their pairs.  If the Galaxy Foam thread is still going
tired.gif
That is not true. More Solars were produced than Platinum Grey.

Originally Posted by BryonRussellHustle

^^ It's narrower than most Nike/jordans, so I'd suggest a 9. I only tried mines on twice, bu that's my assessment.
hmm; I guess my foot is narrow...I'm more concerned about the length of the Yeezy
good looks on the info

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

I'm glad to see some of you guys finally scoring, good price or not. Im content with the fact I'll never have these unless some bizzare stroke of luck hits and I get these for a price I'm cool with. I agree with Memphis, but really, we are the ones who determine the value of things, not the construction or materials. Sneakers arent the only thing that resellers profit on.. If there werent people out there willing to drop $2k on them, they wouldnt have such a high value.. I ended up getting both KOs, the galaxy flight ones, and the steel blue 999s for way under the price of what I would have paid for one pair of yeezys. It's hard because these are mos def fire... But I still can't justify the price.. Keep the pics coming!!!
a man (or woman) after my own heart

Originally Posted by rareair45

tired.gif
That was my understanding as well but from what I've seen 75% of the people on here who got actually pairs got the plats 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dimez81

Honestly. Everyone thats talking about prices being to expensive and is it worth needs to exit and stay out this thread....
Everyone thats in here for the same reason as me and would like this shoe already knows the price, the quality, how we are getting rape with a broom stick with no types of foreplay or ky jelly.
So stop making arguments and let this thread be.... all you are doing is stating the obvious that has been brought up 1004873484 times.
You don't like the shoe ....cool
You will never pay 8x the retail...cool.
You rather buy fakes...do you.
You hate kanye....Join the taylor swift club.
You cant afford the shoe....save up, sell you sole (literal) , pimp if needed
Let us who like the shoe Talk amongst each other without the bs....thanks

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Lemme ask you guys something, if the shoe had nothing to do with Kanye whatsoever, do you think it would garner as much hype???

no. if these had lv or dw on them instead of the nike branding I dont think there would be half as much hype

any spots in Europe have these for sale for a good price? 

When it comes to sneaker price vs. actual value it's absolutely similar to the art world maybe even worse b/c at least when you buy an expensive piece of art you know most likely it's a 1 of 1 whereas you would be hard pressed to find shoes that are a 1 of 1 unless you're getting them custom made. It all boils down to the value one places on shoes though It's not like companies are going to the moon & using shaved moon rock flakes in the soles or something, lol. Sure they'll tell you about all the details & bells & whistles but it's all marketing.

SO YOU TRULY BELIEVE A PAIR OF SHOES MADE OF LEATHER AND RUBBER CAN BE WORTH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS?LULZ. YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED. IM PRETTY SURE IM OLDER THAN 95% OF NIKETALK. YOU MUST BE NEW HERE.

FOHWTBS.

Nice straw man but you went from saying $100 to thousands. And you have no clue what it costs to make those shoes, son. So get back to the bron thread.

Haha! Still laughing at people explaining the laws of supply and demand. By your logic, go buy a cheap beater for all your transportation needs. Who needs that mid-level, luxurious vehicle when the 'raw materials' essentially cost the same? Still gets you from Point A to Point B, right? Let's not give credit to the designers/engineers/etc. that continually make said company soar above the rest. You're not just paying for the cost of materials, you're also paying for a service on all accounts. Not to discredit other low-end companies as they have very well-qualified staff, but they understand their target market and that is why they rarely venture into competition with top-tier companies... 
With that said, have fun drinking your Great Value soda from Wal-Mart as I'll stick to regular Coca-Cola despite it being manufactured the same as everyone else. It's easy to spout off when you essentially have no clue what you're talking about. Raw materials in almost every aspect of the industry have completely different standards and premiums. It's not all off the same 'cow'. Regardless, there's a difference between hype (Christian Audigier/Ed Hardy/Von Dutch/etc.) versus tried and true quality. I agree, there are instances where price certainly doesn't meet expectations. However, there are just as many products out there that do and they don't necessarily have to come with a hefty price-tag to do so. Despite all that and looking at what people here are name-dropping at what they see as 'high-end', it just looks like you skimmed through a People's magazine. Not every LV, Prada or whatever you think is 'in' now is aesthetically appealing nor goes through the same manufacturing process. Just looks like most of you are coming off as bitter and reaching for some means of justification as to why you don't mess with them. Ironic that you'll gladly pay a grand or higher for these shoes that went through the same process of any other Nike product yet complain about other brands that have much better standards and materials...

So everything should be sold by all retailers at close to cost in order to meet your needs? Haha! This is why people will peak at just their shoe-game and that alone...

Spoiler [+]
TLDR or Rock-Clapping GIF
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Originally Posted by macky

So you won't wear your shoes as much because they'll crease? Man just wear them! They're shoes and meant to be worn. But at the end of the day it's all up to you, but if I had these I'd be rocking it like Yeezy the last few months (the only shoes he rocked until recently).
correct. i'm sure we all have shoes that we want to have in good condition for as long as possible. We still rock them but more selective how, when, where. how many guys have pair of concords to wear with shorts and another pair for jeans that bleed... dont get me wrong, im rocking them, but im aware that when these are beat its over, bc i will not be paying $1500 to replace them. where as with some bc3's i know i can drop $250 or so and keep it moving.

Let's get back to the shoes people!

403245796.jpg

403245797.jpg

403245799.jpg

403245800.jpg

Big ups to RICO holdin it down in the Bay
Flint, Chi's FINEST!! 
and for everyone who made it happen..MANY THANKS!!

peace

FOHWTBS.

Nice straw man but you went from saying $100 to thousands. And you have no clue what it costs to make those shoes, son. So get back to the bron thread.
READING IS SO FUNDAMENTAL....

GUESS I GOT ANOTHER FOLLOWER.
laugh.gif

IGNORE BUTTON IS CLUTCH.

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Originally Posted by rareair45

tired.gif
That was my understanding as well but from what I've seen 75% of the people on here who got actually pairs got the plats 
grin.gif

That wasn't my understanding at all .... but we can't always be right ... Your point would def justify the price differential between the 2 CWs .. I'll post pics later if I actually score my pair .. (fingers crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom