Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Villa just tweeted they're doing an Yeezy release party in Cleveland
pimp.gif

Wish me luck people
happy.gif

You gona be there?

See ya there
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Wish me luck people
happy.gif

Good Luck bro...I wish DC woulda did something like that...woulda been awesome.

pimp.gif

Wish me luck people
happy.gif
WISH ME LUCK AS WELL. WILL BE THERE.
pimp.gif

EDIT: I WAS WAITING TO SEE WHO WOULD POST IT IN HERE. JUST FOUND OUT ITS A RAFFLE. STILL GONNA ATTEND.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ true but the black Yeezy 1 are sooooo close to the solar Yeezy 2... that's what is holding me back from pulling the trigger on the solars (oh yeah, and the fact that my wife would put my nuts in a vice grip if I ever dropped 1-2 stacks on a pair of shoes)

This...if I did that and she ever found out...
bf6362c51b1f9e6c621b3952fcedc523963d190e_r.gif

followed by

7b036d9e145a95ad6b5938fff53fc26460ff5d6f_r.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

7b036d9e145a95ad6b5938fff53fc26460ff5d6f_r.gif
omfg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
Benny Hinn can NOT be serious!! He was hitting people with the suit jacket axe handle chop Holy Ghost
roll.gif

Good luck to those going to the raffle though.

Thanks guys, but it's still up in the air for me whether I'll be there or not.

xbiker, Memphis - might see y'all there, good luck!

Haha! Just for setting me back with that Global Guts reference, I truly do wish you good luck!

why don't you ban together...3 trill Nters deserve a pair...especially seeing how you won't resell.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Debating if I should trade a pair of Zens plus +200 for a pair of Solars
grin.gif

Deal or no deal ?

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

pimp.gif

Wish me luck people
happy.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: I WAS WAITING TO SEE WHO WOULD POST IT IN HERE. JUST FOUND OUT ITS A RAFFLE. STILL GONNA ATTEND.

Good luck fellas. I'm in too hopefully I can score some plats...

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

I may be the only one, but I think Nike is getting tired of the madness being left in their hands.. If you haven't seen, they aren't releasing the obsidian 12s on Nike.com.... And they didn't tweet the link for the usab Kobe's and lebrons either. If they really wanted it to be random, they should have just put them up in the new release section like they do all of the other shoes. The link was a disaster waiting to happen. I never use the links for releases and I usually checkout by the time the link actually drops.. That's why most people lose out when they wait on the link to be tweeted, they have the shoe up a few seconds before... This is how I missed the Y2. I thought they would pop up in the new release or be searchable.

Nike is just diverting the issue investing a certain amount of money and time into resolving their ordering and checkout server errors during extremely high traffic timing for extremely limited or highly popular products. I assume that every release is now treated the same, sellout in less than 4-5 minutes. yes it does save nike a hell of a lot of money so they wanted to deal with this twitter rsvp nonsense. Ok. fast forward to the supposed "rigging" of most of the accounts that were implementing this method. Regardless of what time you dmed mercer, rsvp gallery, handing out tickets at an "undisclosed" location where it was really held at the end of the block, it didnt matter, somehow someway random people were being chosen? how do you explain this bull %%@? nike says one thing and its authorized retailers will say another. No admittance of misinformation, miscommunication, or error on nikes part. typical robotic responses and apologetic corporate CRAP. The thing that surprised me is that they didnt adhere to their own policy of holding the item in your cart for 48 hours. they simply allocated "ghost" pairs that were sitting in other people's carts that were not being processed and gave them to those that were. talk about being screwed.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by reidwms

Originally Posted by terx

^DS, I believe they're promos or something like that

oh so you're the one getting the zens, or the solars?
Yea , Zens are on my behalf and solars belong to the other dude 

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

why don't you ban together...3 trill Nters deserve a pair...especially seeing how you won't resell.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

LOL that's actually a good idea.

sniper, thanks man.

Now that the dust has (mostly) settled, a few thoughts. Take them for what you want...

1. To the general public with little interest in shoes - This release was primarily used by Nike in order to gain publicity from the mainstream media. While they may have gotten a little, just like with the Galaxy release, I think the bad they got in the public's eyes severely outweighed the good. IMO, the perception Nike is getting amongst the average shopper who pays attention to the media may be more negative than positive. I feel as though the average shopper may at this point be asking, "Why isn't Nike making more of these products?"

2. To TRUE sneakerheads - This release was made to be perhaps the most hyped shoe of all-time. Almost everyone that truly knows about sneakers and has been in the game for more than a few years understood the significance of this shoe and knew just how special it was. There didn't need to be a special press release to tell PROTO or any of the other big timers here that this was going to be one that we needed to pick up. Unfortunately, as we all know, this release was not about getting the shoes to those who really wanted them (us), it was a publicity stunt. In my opinion, Nike could have made 5x as many of these and still gotten the sold out in minutes effect, almost never see them on a dude's feet, only sold in boutiques, and not made them almost literally a crapshoot to get.

3. To the hipsters out there who shoes are the biggest thing in their eyes but will forget about the game (if they even know it) in a year - This is where I think it gets interesting. Did this release actually begin to kill some of the new people that hopped in the game cause it's "cool?" I think maybe so. While there is something about these people wanting what they can't easily have, I think Nike may have overdone that here. There's a difference between a kid asking his mom for $400 to buy some big bangs and getting $1500-$2500 for these shoes. Where these people draw the line when it comes to cost of shoes is anybody's guess, but I don't think these will fall into a lot of the new people in the game.

4. Lastly, it seems pretty clear that this release was Nike's attempt to bring a luxury product to the public with a big name attached to it. While they have successfully promoted the LeBron, Kobe, and Jordan lines, these were all accomplished primarily due to four things - functionality for sport, appearance, name, and availability. The Y2s sure have name and appearance, but let's be honest, they do not have functionality for sport and clearly they do not have availability. While there are countless factors that sell all kinds of shoes, I don't think that these shoes are going to change anyone's perspective as what type of brand Nike is. Nike is and always has been a sports brand with performance as a top priority. The average person does not buy Nike's products because they are expensive, exclusive, and luxurious, they buy them because they look cool and are generally functional (even if it's just for casual wear). If Nike was a luxury brand, we wouldn't be sittin here complaining about the quality of JB leather and whatnot.

Shout out to everybody that got their pairs, and to those who paid 4x retail or more I shake your hand as you have much more to spend on this hobby than I do. A little salty I struck out, but more salty that I just really didn't have a chance. Here's to Nike hopefully figuring out how to handle releases like this so that the people that really want the shoes get them and the game can return to somewhere near it used to be.

4wrestling wrote:
donkeykong23 wrote:
it was like an "amazing race" type of hunt around philly. they gave us clues and we had to take pictures at certain loactions, obtain certain items around philly, recording yourself reciting kayne west lyrics lol. its was really clever how they set it up. majority of the clues had something to do with kanye west or ben franklin. first 17 to finish were guranteed a pair and the last pair was raffled off to the losers... DJ Clark Kent DJ'd at the lil event they had for us after the hunt.. it was a pretty cool

Good meeting you too.  Were you in the Roshes?
Here's my recap of the scavenger hunt I posted in the regional forum....

SneakerVilla opened the online registration via EventBrite on Monday for the first 150 people.  The scavenger hunt was on Thursday, starting at 4am on the Art Museum Steps.  We got there, checked in, got Villa Yeezy 2 shirts, and they went over the rules.  You were given 4-5 riddle clues at a time.  You had to solve the riddle to get to a location in the city.  Once you got to the spot, you had to take your picture in front of the landmark with your Villa sign to prove you were there.  After you got your 4-5 pictures, you had to solve a riddle to get to the next checkpoint.  There you checked in where they would check to make sure your pictures were correct and then they gave you the next set of clues.  There were four checkpoints throughout the day.

There were 18 pairs of Yeezy's available (sold for retail).  They initially said that the 17 people with the shortest overall scavenger hunt time for all of the checkpoints would win the shoes.  However, this didn't work because there were always lines of people at each checkpoint, and it was impossible to know exactly when people got there (got really bad at the 2nd checkpoint).  So it was changed to the first 17 people to arrive at the final checkpoint would win the shoes.  The 18th pair would be raffled off to all of those who completed the scavenger hunt but didn't finish in the top 17.

The clues got harder as the day went on, specifically with the final checkpoint which had some really tough clues.  At the final checkpoint, they had vans to take the winners to Villa on Broad.  They had the store shutdown just for us.  DJ Clark Kent performed and they had food and drinks for everyone.  I think people would have been into it more if we weren't all exhausted from running around Philly for 16 straight hours, but it was still really cool.  Everyone who didn't win was given a $50 Villa giftcard which I also thought was really cool of them.  Then they called out the winners and we got to pick up our shoes.

Overall, I thought Villa did a great job with this.  I'll never spend days camping out for shoes, so this was the ideal option for me.  One day of work put in and I was lucky enough to win.  I was worried a little about security before the hunt started, but Villa hired two armed guards to work the entire hunt, and had extra security at the store when we got our shoes.  They really put a lot of their own money into this so I appreciate that.

I started the day working alone but met up with a dude halfway through (my man Octaveous on the bike) and we worked together from there on out to solve the clues and get to the locations.  He finished 9th and I finished 10th.  There were some out-of-towners in the hunt.  I think living in Philly and knowing how to get around was a huge advantage.

Shoutouts to everyone else I met as well.  All of the other winners, Wreckinkickz who started the original Yeezy 2 thread, a couple of other NT'ers I met, and everyone else.  A lot of cool people.

The day started at 4am and didn't end until 10pm.  It was exhausting but for a pair of shoes this exclusive, I would do it again.

Ah man, if Villa does this for the Cleveland release, I'm cool. I don't have time to be just Global Guts'n around the whole city for some sneakers lol.

A 25 year old on a scavenger hunt....naw
laugh.gif

I'm 29.  What are you saying? 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I would never do a campout, but I had no problem dedicating 1 day to getting these.  For me, it was the best scenario.

Originally Posted by thatguy

Now that the dust has (mostly) settled, a few thoughts. Take them for what you want...

1. To the general public with little interest in shoes - This release was primarily used by Nike in order to gain publicity from the mainstream media. While they may have gotten a little, just like with the Galaxy release, I think the bad they got in the public's eyes severely outweighed the good. IMO, the perception Nike is getting amongst the average shopper who pays attention to the media may be more negative than positive. I feel as though the average shopper may at this point be asking, "Why isn't Nike making more of these products?"

2. To TRUE sneakerheads - This release was made to be perhaps the most hyped shoe of all-time. Almost everyone that truly knows about sneakers and has been in the game for more than a few years understood the significance of this shoe and knew just how special it was. There didn't need to be a special press release to tell PROTO or any of the other big timers here that this was going to be one that we needed to pick up. Unfortunately, as we all know, this release was not about getting the shoes to those who really wanted them (us), it was a publicity stunt. In my opinion, Nike could have made 5x as many of these and still gotten the sold out in minutes effect, almost never see them on a dude's feet, only sold in boutiques, and not made them almost literally a crapshoot to get.

3. To the hipsters out there who shoes are the biggest thing in their eyes but will forget about the game (if they even know it) in a year - This is where I think it gets interesting. Did this release actually begin to kill some of the new people that hopped in the game cause it's "cool?" I think maybe so. While there is something about these people wanting what they can't easily have, I think Nike may have overdone that here. There's a difference between a kid asking his mom for $400 to buy some big bangs and getting $1500-$2500 for these shoes. Where these people draw the line when it comes to cost of shoes is anybody's guess, but I don't think these will fall into a lot of the new people in the game.

4. Lastly, it seems pretty clear that this release was Nike's attempt to bring a luxury product to the public with a big name attached to it. While they have successfully promoted the LeBron, Kobe, and Jordan lines, these were all accomplished primarily due to four things - functionality for sport, appearance, name, and availability. The Y2s sure have name and appearance, but let's be honest, they do not have functionality for sport and clearly they do not have availability. While there are countless factors that sell all kinds of shoes, I don't think that these shoes are going to change anyone's perspective as what type of brand Nike is. Nike is and always has been a sports brand with performance as a top priority. The average person does not buy Nike's products because they are expensive, exclusive, and luxurious, they buy them because they look cool and are generally functional (even if it's just for casual wear). If Nike was a luxury brand, we wouldn't be sittin here complaining about the quality of JB leather and whatnot.

Shout out to everybody that got their pairs, and to those who paid 4x retail or more I shake your hand as you have much more to spend on this hobby than I do. A little salty I struck out, but more salty that I just really didn't have a chance. Here's to Nike hopefully figuring out how to handle releases like this so that the people that really want the shoes get them and the game can return to somewhere near it used to be.

Respect. Very well said analysis of every perspective involved with this release. +1

Originally Posted by kimchee2go

my homie came through for my birthday! wasn't even expecting these after i striked out on ndc. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

333wpbc.jpg
if my buddy did that for me it would be 15 minutes of non-stop back and forth...
tumblr_m4st8q99MY1rsyb6qo1_500.gif

thatguy wrote:

this sir sums it up completely  

Originally Posted by macky

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

pimp.gif

Wish me luck people
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Good luck fellas. I'm in too hopefully I can score some plats...

NTers comen out for CGS3 I see
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom