Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, the first yeezys were the first shoe i'd ever seen stores charging 2 and 3 times retail like that...

pretty wack imo...

but nike won't do anything about it, cuz it's a "suggested" retail price...

to this day i'm sure i'm not ty's fav person cuz i told him i thought it was wack that leaders was charging $500+...

Originally Posted by MrNikeTalk

im reporting this thread 2 staff. we dont need 2 threads of (insert-summary-name-of-choice that is preferred) nonsense, hypebeasting, speculating, flame, personalization, etc

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

yeah, the first yeezys were the first shoe i'd ever seen stores charging 2 and 3 times retail like that...

pretty wack imo...

but nike won't do anything about it, cuz it's a "suggested" retail price...

to this day i'm sure i'm not ty's fav person cuz i told him i thought it was wack that leaders was charging $500+...

Well it IS wack. I remember seeing some receipts with like $530+ I was like @!#??

Originally Posted by juicyju

^^
Lol at you thinking that wouldn't be possible with how advanced technology is. Of course there would be some slick people trying to purchase it but there is probably a sufficient way to disable them from buying it or most importantly blocking access to the site. First one that came to mind, using their billing/shipping address. You wouldn't even be able to select the state outside of the time zone during the purchasing process. Of course this way would still allow people access on the site and crash it before most would get there. But its just an example for non-believers like ericjunior on different ways for this to work.

Reading comprehension is everything around here homie. I clearly stated a way that regional online sales could possibly work. Have several seats, B.

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Expect info to leak either Monday or Tuesday after rep meetings...

There is ALOT of high level talk going on about these....the main issue again is Nike can't control inventory once it's shipped to customers...to dudes point earlier it's impossible to have a release that no one knows about because how many shop owners...store employees...high level Nike employees LIVE on NT???? Dudes that are thirsty for e-props wont be able to keep there mouths shut...

There are talks about treating the release in the same fashion as the Mags (which came outta no where) the problem is Nike can't do this without pissing off Footlocker Corp as well as 100's of smaller independents....now when I say the same as the Mags I don't mean eBay auction I mean have Nike control the initial drop..that way they can CONTROL how the release is handled...

Again...the problem is not NIKE it's actually Footlocker...(which is Nikes BIGGEST customer) they just don't seem to be able to get there act together when it comes to these things...and that is mostly because DM's handle there regions different...region by region...with everything from what times stores open..to stock amount..to how many are available to employees...there is little to know consistency across Footlocker lines...with the exception of HoH...which generally Is WHY ALOT of product Nike tries to enforce limitation of HoH only (but even that isnt working)

As big as footlocker is, you'd think they'd have things more figured out. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this whole thing is going to play out. I wonder why Nike doesn't do NIKETOWN exclusives, instead of HOH exclusives? As I stated earlier, NikeTown seems to have it figured out when it comes to handling releases.

Originally Posted by teamfreshh

Looks like The Yeezy's will come out when lebron wins a ring 
laugh.gif

So the Yeezys are definitely coming out in a couple months then huh??

Originally Posted by 2dopeboyz

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I would also like for Nike Stores to be the exclusive sellers of these.. $@&$ all the shadiness that goes on with shops like blends, attic, millennium etc, that receive 10-15 pairs, keep most pairs for themselves and sell 4 pairs to the public.
30t6p3b.gif

blends is shady?

I can only speak on my experiences with Blends and how I've seen them handle releases. I think they did an AWESOME job with the ASG releases. They raffled off ALL of the sneakers. Of course they only raffled off 10 out of the "supposed" 15 Galaxy Foams they got but hey, there were some stores that literally hooked their homies up and didn't even give others a chance to cop. There was at least 400 people at Blends trying to cop that day and they made sure the release was safe and well managed. My thing about the Yeezy 2 release is how could Nike implement a release strategy to boutiques and small stores when they can't even control the ridiculous corruption that goes on within HOH releases?!?! I have so many corrupt stories about HOH Beverly Center it's not even funny. Best thing that Nike could do is make more pairs and make this at least a tier 1 release.

I just hope it's not an online release... Freaking NDC doesn't ship to Canada for some reason I don't know!

These need to be released exclusively at niketown's via raffles and on ndc. Thats it. Thats the most logic method of selling these super limited shoes. WHY ship them to footlickers and mom n pops which result in camp outs, price gauging and overall chaos??

I just hope I hear about a raffle in ny in time and get a ticket. Not even get picked. Just a ticket. Just to know I had a chance. Because I cant compete with campers nor justify paying $500+ for shoes. They do look dope though I'd rock em daily no joke. If I was lucky enough to get em I'm rocking them the next day.

Originally Posted by Mazz305

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Those bums won't make it out the east. 

To all wanting niketown only releases everyone doesn't have these in their area. Just make enough pairs for everyone and guaranteed they sell out I.e. concords'chicagos,cements.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You CRAZY!and who do you think will stop them? The Bulls? oh wait maybe your one of those new Knick fans right! HAHAHAHA Yea The heat wont make it out of the east...I want what your smoking because it seems to be working very well!

Anyways on the Yeezys looks like this is going to be crazy release. Looks like i wont be getting them either because I refuse to stand in line

Originally Posted by youngj00

Originally Posted by 2dopeboyz

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I would also like for Nike Stores to be the exclusive sellers of these.. $@&$ all the shadiness that goes on with shops like blends, attic, millennium etc, that receive 10-15 pairs, keep most pairs for themselves and sell 4 pairs to the public.
30t6p3b.gif

blends is shady?

I can only speak on my experiences with Blends and how I've seen them handle releases. I think they did an AWESOME job with the ASG releases. They raffled off ALL of the sneakers. Of course they only raffled off 10 out of the "supposed" 15 Galaxy Foams they got but hey, there were some stores that literally hooked their homies up and didn't even give others a chance to cop. There was at least 400 people at Blends trying to cop that day and they made sure the release was safe and well managed. My thing about the Yeezy 2 release is how could Nike implement a release strategy to boutiques and small stores when they can't even control the ridiculous corruption that goes on within HOH releases?!?! I have so many corrupt stories about HOH Beverly Center it's not even funny. Best thing that Nike could do is make more pairs and make this at least a tier 1 release.

BlendsLA was cool, they were organized from day one and do their releases properly. Blends Costa Mesa is another story though
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Incorrect, the right answer was never
laugh.gif
but lets not turn this thread into an nba discussion.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

You will eat those words guaranteed, lol.

ericjunior wrote:
Lol, that logic doesn't work online. Ppl from Cali would think they're slick and try to order at 9p which is 12a EST. Unless Nike has one of their super cool web developers implement some JavaScript and/or cookie cache that detects a users time zone. Smh ... My geek is showing.

Reading comprehension is everything around here homie. I clearly stated a way that regional online sales could possibly work. Have several seats, B.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You also said it "doesn't work online." Attention to detail is everything around here homie. Stop contradicting yourself G.[/font]

Originally Posted by juicyju

ericjunior wrote:
Lol, that logic doesn't work online. Ppl from Cali would think they're slick and try to order at 9p which is 12a EST. Unless Nike has one of their super cool web developers implement some JavaScript and/or cookie cache that detects a users time zone. Smh ... My geek is showing.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You also said it "doesn't work online." Attention to detail is everything around here homie. Stop contradicting yourself G.[/font]
Not to jump into the middle of an inane argument, but what I bolded is the solution that he proposed to make the time zone separation work. So he's saying it is possible, just not something that Nike is likely to do. Now back to the Yeezy's that we don't have a release date for.

Hopefully Yeezy 2s will be a general release, with them pushing it back all the time. Maybe they making more pairs...or maybe Kanye wants more hype? Hopefully we will all find out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom