Official Nike Huarache 2K5 Post -- Info, Release Dates + Pix

is Kobe tonight still wear the wht/black 2k5? >D
grin.gif

k, WHERE ARE THE RELEASE DATES?? i kno they come out next saturday, but WHAT COLORWAYZ???, THANKS FOR DA HELP

they're for sale now at pickyourshoes.com
...It is not how hard you push along the way. It is having something in you to finish...

cyjack wrote this in another thread, but seeing as how this is the "official" thread, I thought it belonged here:

Quote:
Hmmm, that's interesting -- my experience has been the complete opposite. I liked the Air Zoom Huarache 2K4, but I have just been loving the Air Zoom Huarache 2K5. In my experience, it's an improvement over the 2K4 in pretty much every way: its more substantial upper provides more support over and around the midfoot and a more locked down fit, the more substantive design around the ankle and rearfoot provides more support and improved stability at the rear and the midsole is appreciably more responsive than the 2K4's. I've also found the 2K5's traction to be off the charts -- it somehow manages to provide tenacious grip on even less than pristine surfaces.

And, in terms of weight, the 2K5 is a bit heavier than the 2K4, but, in my opinion, the improved support and responsiveness more than makes up for the slight increase in weight (the 2K4 weighed 15.4 ounces in a U.S. men's size 11, the 2K5 weighs 16.4 ounces at that same size).

The only area where I think the 2K5 could use some improvement is in side-to-side lockdown at the forefoot. Though the 2K5's upper is more substantial than its predecessor's, it's still more minimal than average and, though better than the 2K4 in this regard, I could still feel some side-to-side shifting of my forefoot on the footbed during hard cuts.

I'm thrilled to hear his review and I can't wait to get these!

:pimp:
pimp.gif

[/i][/center]

Did anyone ID the 2K5s yet? I'm dying to find out what kind of material the tip color is.

I'm hoping it's a shinier material instead of nubuck-ish stuff.
[/i][/center]

the All-Star colorway is releasing and they are pictured on Eastbay and are set to release with the others
[/b]​
[/b]​
[/b]​

There is a new ad on the back cover of the new Sports Illustrated. It has the white/black/silver 2K5's on it with a lil diagram of footsteps showing a "dribble drop-step in 1.68 seconds" and says "kobe & the air zoom huarache 2K5 at nikebasketball.com".
I'm glad to see that Nike is actually using Kobe in advertisements now.

Also, can we please sticky this topic already?!
For Sale:DS Altitude XIII sz 12
Please reply to this post
Or please email me...contact info in profile

yeah why the heck hasnt this been stickied yet. the 2k5s are a hell of alot more anticipated than the vc4s and yet we have a stickied vc4 thread. MODS STICKY THIS THREAD!!

Quote:
and says "kobe & the air zoom huarache 2K5 at nikebasketball.com

While I'm sure the haters are going to have plenty to say on this (cough*FR3SH*cough), I think it's nice to see Nike finally leading the way by officially making him part of the advertisement plan. The man made a mistake & certainly has learned his lesson. I hope it works out for Kobe and Nike both.

What will it take
Cause the heartache be heatbreak, is my prediction
when you falsify and start fake, In my position
I'm a careful man, but a player when I ball
Got my eyes on you baby, can I call? - 2Pac

FA in Santa Anita Mall in Acradia has 3 of the colorways, white/white, white/black, and the all-star colorway minus the number 8, of course. I can't wait for 2morrow 2 cop theses bad boys.

nike is making a big deal of this also.

members from the 89 flying illini team will be at niketown chicago for the release (not sure fri or sat) to promote the release of these shoes.

if only the whold ID situation hadn't ruined it for me.

i'm kind of pumped for these only question is? get ID or save 15 (25 over ID) and use my coupon to footaction.....hmm.
"be somebody, not somebody's FOO!!!" MR.T

C'mon this thread has more posts than the Zoom LeBron II thread and we still don't have a sticky. |I
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom