Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Anyone know a online store that I can get kobe 8 pit viper from. I know in a few months they'll be way harder to find than a size 11 liger saw one on flightclub for $200

Anyone know a online store that I can get kobe 8 pit viper from. I know in a few months they'll be way harder to find than a size 11 liger saw one on flightclub for $200
Wrong thread, take this question to the kobe 8 thread

Seen a dude wearing the Plats this weekend with khakis and a white shirt, was a really good look. I might have to double back and acquire those.

nightwings review makes me want to grab a pair to play in.

he says they will last outdoor better than original 6s though

These kicks are amazing man! There is a significant break-in period for these, as the zoom bag will take a few runs for it to become more responsive. Having said that, I wear orthotics, so the responsive feel isn't there for me right as I lace kicks up for the first time. I need a solid 2 hrs of discomfort before the ortho sits right in the shoe and is molded to the footbed (basically the time it would take your foot to mold to the footbed, just with a layer in between being the orthos).

After the break-in period, the heel slippage starts to go away as everything is more settled. Also, the forefoot area becomes a little more roomy, as Nightwing alluded to, since the materials are similar to the Hyperrev, they will become more pliable over time. I love the fact that the forefoot also has flex points and you don't feel so rigid due to the zoom bag, a problem and gripe I had with the LeBron Xs.

The tongue is more padded but it would have been nice if there were more lace loops for a tighter fit throughout. Then again, I'm not KD and don't have his feet, so my qualms are not going to be taken care of lol.

I've lifted in these, hooped in these, walked around casually in them, and really don't want to take them off. Normally you don't see too much of an improvement from the regular version of a shoe to its elite counterpart, but the Elite VI almost feels like a totally different shoe. Improvements in breathability, cushioning/comfort and lockdown speak to how much better the elite is over the regular version. The only thing is the price - I got them for a discount, and would not pay retail for these, so try to wait it out and cop on the low - you won't be disappointed regardless of what you are using them for!

These kicks are amazing man! There is a significant break-in period for these, as the zoom bag will take a few runs for it to become more responsive. Having said that, I wear orthotics, so the responsive feel isn't there for me right as I lace kicks up for the first time. I need a solid 2 hrs of discomfort before the ortho sits right in the shoe and is molded to the footbed (basically the time it would take your foot to mold to the footbed, just with a layer in between being the orthos).

After the break-in period, the heel slippage starts to go away as everything is more settled. Also, the forefoot area becomes a little more roomy, as Nightwing alluded to, since the materials are similar to the Hyperrev, they will become more pliable over time. I love the fact that the forefoot also has flex points and you don't feel so rigid due to the zoom bag, a problem and gripe I had with the LeBron Xs.

The tongue is more padded but it would have been nice if there were more lace loops for a tighter fit throughout. Then again, I'm not KD and don't have his feet, so my qualms are not going to be taken care of lol.

I've lifted in these, hooped in these, walked around casually in them, and really don't want to take them off. Normally you don't see too much of an improvement from the regular version of a shoe to its elite counterpart, but the Elite VI almost feels like a totally different shoe. Improvements in breathability, cushioning/comfort and lockdown speak to how much better the elite is over the regular version. The only thing is the price - I got them for a discount, and would not pay retail for these, so try to wait it out and cop on the low - you won't be disappointed regardless of what you are using them for!
How does the heel slippage go away? I'm cranking mine as tight as possible and I still have heel slippage.  Even tried the runner's loop - only helped a little.

Weird, my was real bad the first few times I wore them, but then the forefoot toe box area got more roomy so my foot went further in the shoe, if that makes any sense. I also started double socking - while people may say "oh you're not wearing your right size if you can double sock" I definitely went TTS, these shoes just have a strange fit. Try lacing less tight near the toe box, and then tight all the way up. That's as much advice as I can give bro!

Thanks for the thoughts @Sk33terMcG33   -- I'm still looking to pick up a pair of elites at some point.  I've enjoyed the original VI quite a bit and have been anxious to try max zoom.  I may hold out to see if I can get a pair on pretty good discount

Thanks for the thoughts @Sk33terMcG33
  -- I'm still looking to pick up a pair of elites at some point.  I've enjoyed the original VI quite a bit and have been anxious to try max zoom.  I may hold out to see if I can get a pair on pretty good discount

No doubt fam, you'd definitely like these. I kinda wish I waited for the Golds or whatever, those look pretty slick, although that white mesh/upper turns me away from it as it will probably yellow/dirty very quickly.

anyone know what he has written on both shoes or what its referring to? just curious. i can make out the "its just b-ball" but i'm curious as to what context that is meant

How does the heel slippage go away? I'm cranking mine as tight as possible and I still have heel slippage.  Even tried the runner's loop - only helped a little.

Tying them as tight as I can makes the heel slippage go away. I tighten up the laces individually from the toe to the ankle. And I double sock (nike socks)

Back
Top Bottom