Official Nike KD VIII (8) Thread - "Easy Euro" OCTOBER 17th!!

Yeah I thought the same thing about the tongue.  

Colorways were amazing, but every time I put them on foot that tongue bothered me, so thin and weird.  

Thought very similarly at first. Doesn't bother me in the least any more. That being said, I don't commonly hoop in them. As for the 8s, I really have come to like the look minus the "exposed air"

I think I will go the Kobe x Low ID route

END does not play, ordered on Monday, in my office before 10:00 am today.  
smokin.gif

Taking these to the court tomorrow, excited to see what they are like.  

So I got the pair from NDC. I'm not blown away. I prefer the VIIs. The 8s are pretty much a carbon copy of the VII but slightly lighter but not as comfortable (cushioning wise). The VIIs are more plush. The Flyweave will be more durable then the mesh I give it that. I don't see the articulated Zoom as a huge improvement over what's on the VIIs. You'll get better court feel on the 8 if that's important to you.

If the VIIs work for you then stick with them until the 8s go on sale if you are not pressed to have them right away. Granted this was just an try on, but having worn the VIIs enough you'll know what to expect from the 8s.

Will cop one when they're around $100.

KD 8: 6/10

Last edited:
Hunts Hill Nights (the grey pair) is the only one i see thus far that ima end up getting. Releasing in Sept so hopefully i will see a black pair by then. Hearing alot about how the upper is tight around the midfoot..hoping it isnt super uncomfy like the issues with the IVs. Man for 180...could end up getting the Kobe X

Ok saw these in person and yep this silhouette is just as weak in person as it is in pictures. I say this talking strictly about the casual appeal of the shoe but imo all of the current top 3 Nike athlete sigs (LeBron 12, Kobe 10, & KD 8) are one of their worst models. I would say all are in the bottom 3 or 4 of their lines with only an occasional great colorway like the Datas for LeBron or Fundamentals for Kobe saving the silhouette.    

I have a completely different opinion on this shoe than many of you..first moment I tried it on in the store I immediately thought light as hell..snug in the mid foot..and pretty similar in heel to toe response like I get in a lunar glide (weird I know)

Received em yesterday and instantly put em on again and went out to do some errands..mid foot loosens up like the Kyrie..it is a true to size fit shoe..I love the tongue it's a step up from anythin Nike has given to KD..and overall I think it's a real comfortable shoe..hands down one of the better feeling kds I own (I have every model with the exception of the kd 1)..

Ok saw these in person and yep this silhouette is just as weak in person as it is in pictures. I say this talking strictly about the casual appeal of the shoe but imo all of the current top 3 Nike athlete sigs (LeBron 12, Kobe 10, & KD 8) are one of their worst models. I would say all are in the bottom 3 or 4 of their lines with only an occasional great colorway like the Datas for LeBron or Fundamentals for Kobe saving the silhouette.    

You basically like the CWs everyone else cosigns. Data, Fundamentals.

I'll speak only on the Kobe 10. If you don't like the CWs of the 10 then you don't like color. It's the cleanest signature sneaker made in years in the cleanest CWs.

I'm not referring to you but it's become cool to be a hypebeast as of late. Now that most things sit people don't want em anymore. People still want only the limited hyped stuff. Sharks come to mind. A CW that would have been cool if it released to the masses but since it's HTM it's the most sought after and reproduced ID going. Let the Chesters have been the Sharks. It would be reversed.

Dudes been asking Nike for basic CWs and more available sneakers. We have both in one shoe and nobody wants em. Now that Kobe has FK no one cares about the rest. Dudes just want what's new and hyped. They don't consider the regular version anymore. An because of the price increase I notice shoes become uglier. Kyries get love while KDs and Kobes are met with mostly negative talk. Cheaper versions being praised. Dudes quietly being priced out.

Back
Top Bottom