Official Nike KD VIII (8) Thread - "Easy Euro" OCTOBER 17th!!

The N7's and Aunt Pearls are always consistent. I think the colorways will pick up after the first 5, but then again that's what I thought of the 7's. 

yeah...the kd8/this thread is depressing

leo chang is a clown 
Don't blame Leo on the underwhelming colorways. I'm pretty sure that's up to the SMU team to do the colorways.

In terms of the ranking of the KD line?

Performance: 2>3>7>1>5>6> (haven't tried out the 8s)

Looks: 7>4>3>2>8>1>5>6 

Don't blame Leo on the underwhelming colorways. I'm pretty sure that's up to the SMU team to do the colorways.

Granted I havent tried the 1, 2, 3 and 8 (no colorways have been dope enough to me to cop)

For me the 5 is the GOAT

Looks: 6>6>6>6>6>6>6>6

Fixed

Last edited:

Granted I havent tried the 1, 2, 3 and 8 (no colorways have been dope enough to me to cop)

For me the 5 is the GOAT
You should definitely try out the 2 and 3. Super responsive zoom air, soft and plush with thick herringbone traction on the bottom. The 3s were almost exactly the same but the upper was a little stiff on the pair i had and i had some ankle twisting problems in them and thats why I ranked it lower than the 2. Performance BEAST.  

5 is by far the best. May not look the greatest but for basketball, which is what they are for they are levels above the rest.
6 looks good but is the worst bball shoe.

Air unit and outsole in the same color don't work imo. Two totally different things end up looking like one single thing, which doesn't look right.

Other than that, the colorway is fire.

6s look worse than the 1s, 2s, 3s, and 5s? You're buggin.

Last edited:
Couldn't help but notice that barely anyone in the NBA laced up the KD-7 last year. It's been well documented that KD couldn't make them work, but was there a fundamental issue that prevented the 7 from professional use?

In contrast the 5s and 6s were really worn by everyone. 6s were basically a "team" shoe for guards, like Run the One's were last year.

Played D2 ball here in Finland in KDs 1-7 ..gotta say..cushioning goes to the 7s easily(zoom up front with the zoom max bag in back + the phylon midsole). Then its a toss-up between the 2s and 3s. The 2s had fluidity(heel to toe transition was natural feeling..the 3s weren't as fluid). The 4s were the absolute worst.
View media item 1689519
Had to upload from my ig..just waiting on a decent pair of 8s. Might ID an all black pair.

Last edited:
Played D2 ball here in Finland in KDs 1-7 ..gotta say..cushioning goes to the 7s easily(zoom up front with the zoom max bag in back + the phylon midsole). Then its a toss-up between the 2s and 3s. The 2s had fluidity(heel to toe transition was natural feeling..the 3s weren't as fluid). The 4s were the absolute worst.
View media item 1689519
Had to upload from my ig..just waiting on a decent pair of 8s. Might ID an all black pair.

Repped. That pic is Fire!!! :smokin

Loved the overall design of the 6 from the placement of the swoosh to the colorways that came out when playing though the shoe had no support for me felt like a running shoe, never tried the 7 i like the look of the 8 skeptical about the protruding air bag for ball 

View media item 1689519
Those 2's 
nthat.gif

That rubber heel part on the 3s is horrendous but everything else about the 3s are great

Couldn't help but notice that barely anyone in the NBA laced up the KD-7 last year. It's been well documented that KD couldn't make them work, but was there a fundamental issue that prevented the 7 from professional use?

In contrast the 5s and 6s were really worn by everyone. 6s were basically a "team" shoe for guards, like Run the One's were last year.
I spotted Jarrett Jack, Zach Lavine and Wilson Chandler wear the VII's. That's not much though. Chandler had a dope PE colorway.

View media item 1689519
View media item 1690468View media item 1690471View media item 1690474 I'm new to here but have been reading the post for over a year now. I'm Posting this ID in this post because you were talking about an all black ID. I did one with a clear bottom & it came out clean. Not a fan of this model but it's grown on me. Will probably get another ID or the Suits when the price goes down.

Originally I said I was in for 2 to 4 pairs. But after seeing this shoe in person a few times it'll be a stretch if I honestly get one pair.

Back
Top Bottom