OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Any questions?

That picture of the black/yellow has ALMOST convinced me to cop a pair of the Kobe VIII..but I have to try them on first before I make any decisions

Wait... That's the sulfurs I guess, don't know why they put "volt" it doesn't look like volt to me

I'm trying to make the drive out to Venice tomorrow. Anyone have an idea of what is going to go on during the event besides hearing Kobe talk and hearing some info about the shoes.

Never been a fan of Christmas kobe's but this year, No doubt the best executed color way compared to the other big 2. Will be my first pick up since the first cloak restock.

Come on guys kobe will wear them on Xmas day! End of that talk already,

So what other colors will we get?? So far its sulfur, xmas pair and the blue and purple cw

We were talking about him wearing the sulfurs. He could wear those any time now but he's still in the VIIs. smh

Grinches, South beach :lol: just kidding :tongue:

OK so I'm new to Nike Talk! Anyways I was just wondering if anyone knows where  the Kobe 8 Xmas are gonna be available ??? I REALLY want these! Thanks 

by the way, it's unlikely that the Pythons are the ASG shoes.
we've NEVER seen ASG shoes pop up before launch date.
never. It's always a surprise, so those probably aren't it.

The VIIIs will be copped just like all my previous Kobe's: months after release for almost half the retail price.

Aesthetically speaking the VIIs s*** on these, so I don't expect sales of these to do better than the VIIs unless people buy solely for hooping, and even then I don't see it. So y'all buy them the day they come out, I'll holler at em at the outlets... :tongue:

Last edited:
I wear 13, I guess I just don't really go crazy for some of the more popular CWs. For example, the duke VIIs were one of my favorite cws from the get go, just thought they were clean as hell. Had a pair of the del sols for crazy cheap from Nordstrom rack. The deals are there, you just need to look and have a stroke of luck at the same time. I'm not knocking people for buying on release day, do as you please and who am I to say don't? I'm just saying these don't seem worth the $140 to me....

Shouldn't the Pythons be the YOTS since they are called the Python? Chinese New Year(YOTS), is in February and the Python release date is Feb. 3rd. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together. I could be wrong cuz last year when the YOTD popped up I quickly thought they were the Christmas. Yup I admit it, that's because of the green and red, automatically you think X'mas. 2 and 2 wasn't equal 4 lol. On the other hand, there are many different snakes and All-Star weekend is in February...****...I could be wrong. >D

I agree Sk33terMcG33 for the most part. But there are most that didn't like the fit of the VIIs(excluding myself) and are probably just itching for a pair that takes them back to the comfort level of pre-VIIs. Can't blame them for going at them right away. I waited for the del sols last year because of the price tag. I'm glad because I grabbed them few months later for $30 ($99 - VIP cards). $140 isn't bad and with the money they saved from buying the VIIs, don't matter. I will not be paying retail right off the bat cuz I'm not feeling the yellow midsole more than anything. And since they mass produce these, I'll wait it out and go for the X'mas or customize my own that i really like on iD(if it's not just that one pattern).

He usually doesn't wear his new shoes until Christmas

While this is true, most of the shoes in the past years have dropped after Christmas. Not before like this years model.

Right?

The del sol VII came out on the 22nd last year.

It's been a Christmas debut going back to the 2K5, with the III and IV being the exceptions

Last edited:
I need some 8's in my life... Been too long since a Kobe release, specially one I was hyped for. I need some Kobe excitement in my life!

The NBA Banned the tights which is silliy cause if you just wear long sucks and some knee pads, it looks exactly the same as wearing tights, a lot of player do that. or wear shin pads up to their knees and some sort of knee pad that connects. I am 94.89% sure that they banned guys from wearing their Arm bands above their elbow! I remember reading something about it the same time the dress code was coming in. I didnt think anything of it, but the 2006-07 season, nobody was wearing them above or at their elbow or at all! Kobe who always wore his arm band above his elbow on his bicep, had changed and wore it much lower. Tmac, Iverson, Jermaine oneal, Vince Carter, they all wore them below their elbow and Allen Iverson even stopped wearing his!

Man, these things will fly. LIGHTEST NIKE EVER? Engineered mesh?
I will try them on tomorrow. Will be posting my initial thoughts on these.

so Kobe 8's are officially on the Finish Line launch list... the only one so far is this:

Back
Top Bottom