OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Looked at my jordan collection today and asked myself "which shoe is not making the cut". My jordan 5 fire reds did not make the cut. I would rather have another kobe 8 shoe then a jordan shoe that I really don't even wear. Now the question is what kobe 8 should I cop? Got the pythons, easters , and volts already.

Damn me too. I'm half lookin for the Xmas but I've been Elmer Fudd'in my attempts at the area 72 chucks... but it got me takin a hard look at my closet n bout 8-9 pieces gettin the chop... n I can pick up my Xmas search hehe.

Whats that white upper yall talking about? Is it the one with the purple sole?
Any word on that white/gold/blck cw yet? I really wanna see it happen with the 8s

Whats that white upper yall talking about? Is it the one with the purple sole?
Any word on that white/gold/blck cw yet? I really wanna see it happen with the 8s

Kobe originally wore the Grey/Yellow/Purple (Homes) at the beginning of the season.

Now he's wearing a pair with a lighter, almost white upper instead with the same yellow sole and purple swoosh.

That white upper is most likely a p.e., since others on the team are still wearing the pair with the Grey upper (the one that's dropping on 5/25).

There's a pic a few pages back that shows the difference...Kobe with the White upper and Earl Clark with the Grey upper vs the Mavs Tuesday night.

Played ball this morning in my Volts for the first time. Never played in Kobe's before. By far my favorite hoop shoe. Light but great comfort and felt very stable. Even landed on someones ankle who undercut me and wasn't worried about rolling the ankle. Just felt secure in them.

What sucks about being the only one collecting shoes is that I can't talk to ppl outside of NT that know about shoes. I have ppl who are getting jordans but they still don't know about the whole story behind them (I ain't no OG but I know more then them) plus outside of JB they don't know nothing. If they do they are just going along with the hype

What sucks about being the only one collecting shoes is that I can't talk to ppl outside of NT that know about shoes. I have ppl who are getting jordans but they still don't know about the whole story behind them (I ain't no OG but I know more then them) plus outside of JB they don't know nothing. If they do they are just going along with the hype

Word i feel you...i have friends like that and theyre also the same people always asking you to help them get releases, not understanding how difficult some releases are...sometimes they think im a layaway system SMH.

Last edited:

You've always got your NT "brothers" here 8)

But I know where you're coming from...

A lot of my friends and I have been wearing Jordans since the IIIs back in the late 80s...

Got tired of giving JB money for recycled ideas at inflated prices :x

But here in Dallas, nobody I know likes Kobe (as a player)...

Only one friend understands the greatness of the Kobe line...but since he stopped buying them, I cant talk to him about them anymore.

^^ I'm the only one in my friends who collects shoes lol

same here, my only friend who does collect shoes move to taiwan.

the only person who does by basketball shoes would only buy for cheap to ball in. hes still playing in the 7s and i been trying to convince him to try the 8s but he said hell wait till one of the colors go on sale.

everyone else i know looks at me like :x why u wasting ur money u hoarder

Living in Canada, I usually have to settle for Kobe 8s at a $180 price range. There's a Sulfur on eBay my size that comes around to $180 after shipping.

To those who own the Sulfurs, are they worth it?

Living in Canada, I usually have to settle for Kobe 8s at a $180 price range. There's a Sulfur on eBay my size that comes around to $180 after shipping.

lol they dont have any special effects its either u love it or u dont.

im sure those who own sulfurs its worth it for them since they like the color.

it up to u if u like it enough to spend that much

lol they dont have any special effects its either u love it or u dont.

im sure those who own sulfurs its worth it for them since they like the color.

it up to u if u like it enough to spend that much
What I mean is that I haven't seen them in person. So I'm not too sure.

And regarding the price tag, like I said I live in Canada so getting 8s online for $180 is one of the better prices because shipping and duty usually rapes me.

purple sole>yellow sole

if NIKE doesnt release the solid black upper they better atleast give us that on ID as an opition they look clean with solid upper IMO

Usually, if you have to ask that type of question, it probably won't be worth it to you.

I love my Sulfurs, but I paid $120, so it was definitely worth it to me.

Really wish I could snag a 'GC' pair for closer to 140/150 -- lowest I've seen is 200.

Anyone seen a lower price for a 'GC' pair?

Retail after currency conversion on GC pairs will be around 200. You're not going to find em cheaper.

Favorite detail on the exts. Love these red suedes

Back
Top Bottom