OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Yeah its confirmed, my guy at champs said that on the 25th some multicolored Kobe 8 Gems are coming out, he cant ahow me a pic tho. But he said it will be a super limited drop, so the odds of winning a raffle are next to none. Uggh. Ive only won one raffle ever, that was for fades.

I have definitely seen that. And that's why I know the iD xdr soles are different. Check out these pics of my iDs vs. blue corals.  It has the same "peaked herringbone" as Nightwing describes in his comparison vid.  It isn't flat/thicker like the GC xmas pair he's got there.
Here are my pics of the iD XDR soles.

It really doesn't look any different than the standard outsole with peaked herringbone (unlike the thicker-looking GC outsole).  It doesn't really feel any sturdier either to the touch and is equally as pliable... 

you guys could always alternate between kobe 8s and kd4s. I doubt you would burn through kd4s like you would kobe 8s. Just a tip, if you like a shoe tremendously, stock up on outlet pairs when/if available so they can be revisited down the line. The CWs may not be fire-like, or the hottest ones, but if its simply the shoe, then who cares what color it is- and certainly outdoor no one else will give a rip what you have on. I can understand not wanting to tear up your xmas, asgs, mercurials, etc..., but at some point, shoes are shoes- and meant to be worn/beat up. If you love the 8 or need the 8 for ball, I am sure there will be some pairs outlet bound you can stock up on. GL

For everyone that preferred the yellow soles on the Venice Beaches, don't worry, those soles will be yellow in no time :rofl:

Last edited:
For everyone that preferred the yellow soles on the Venice Beaches, don't worry, those soles will be yellow in no time
roll.gif
QFT

If you think there is ANY possibility you may want the fades in the future, you better pick them up now. Look what happened to the Sulphurs, people slept and now can't find them, and even stock locating it pretty dried up. Better now than $200+ later...

Got mines from D**** today and man these are kinda underwhelming in person imo.Has a couple flaws and the 3m is scratched,nothing crazy tho but the on feet pics definitely look better than in person.I think the easters are way better in person than these.

Still waiting on the pair from JJ.

you guys could always alternate between kobe 8s and kd4s. I doubt you would burn through kd4s like you would kobe 8s. Just a tip, if you like a shoe tremendously, stock up on outlet pairs when/if available so they can be revisited down the line. The CWs may not be fire-like, or the hottest ones, but if its simply the shoe, then who cares what color it is- and certainly outdoor no one else will give a rip what you have on. I can understand not wanting to tear up your xmas, asgs, mercurials, etc..., but at some point, shoes are shoes- and meant to be worn/beat up. If you love the 8 or need the 8 for ball, I am sure there will be some pairs outlet bound you can stock up on. GL
This. I play outdoors and I rotate my kicks. Right now I rotate kobe vi black out and gradients, kd iv navy/orange and yotd (which as xdr) and aj4 military beaters (came pre-creased from NDC). Gonna be adding a pair of GC kobe 8 soon. Luckily I play on a concrete surface, so hopefully they hold up better vs playing on rough blacktop.

Last edited:
So when does the mambacurials release? Saw a couple of my friends playing soccer in the cleats today and they look amazing
no one knows for sure yet, but i've heard june from my HOH and they said they are going to be pretty limited. Not sure how realiable the source is though. 

Man, I finally rocked my Kobe 8 "Easter" on Saturday...IMO, those are the best lookin Kobe 8. I can finally say I found a CW that's better than the Afric...I mean, BHM...LOL

Has anyone played outdoors with xdr ID soles? Maybe they can chime in on the subject....

Thought I'd share the pick-ups from the last week. I've had the Sulfurs and Supernaturals already but I'm a sucker for that full logo. 

Full logos, nice! Smh at nike for having to cash in on those stupid gimmick socks. Full logo looks much better.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend play in Kobes outdoor even with the XDR. The compound just isn't durable like it used to compared with the old school kicks. It's made for indoors and even that I noticed wear on the outside heel and I play for about an hour a week in a NCAA gym. All in the name of shareholders and profits, skimp where they can.

The rubber compound is also thin, you take out the Lunarlon and it feels like you can practically poke a hole through with your fingers, that's how thin it is. There isn't a midsole, so that just compounds the force from your foot to the outsole therefore causing more friction and wear when playing on blacktop. Lunarlon is too soft after a few wears as well adding to the outsole wearing down too fast issue. 

Great looking shoe, great performance shoe initially, but after a few wears that shoes is toast as the pics suggests.
I have been saying this before.the outsole is so thin im going need two pairs just to play the whole summer indoors.
You guys do realize the outsole is probably very close to thickness in most shoes right? The difference is the softness of the compound of the rubber used. The interchangeable insole acts as the midsole.

Back
Top Bottom