OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Damn Nike must be on it today, I just got got my order shipped email already. I have never got a order shipped email from NDC the same day as the release. Anybody else get the order shipped email already?
Was chatting with a Nike rep today about a pending order and she mentioned that Saturday morning releases are now prepackaged (to a certain extent I guess) so they can ship out as quick as possible. Thought that was interesting....

Yeah because I tried to use the Bday coupon and the VIP receipt "coupon" this past Saturday for the Milk Snakes and the system wouldn't let the guy do it. Sucks because we all know that as long as we can get our hands on the Bday coupon these "receipts" will be worthless. I definietly think it's unfair though becasue we are giving them money and not getting anything back like we used to less than a month ago or so.
Only thing the VIP coupons are good for now is an almost-free pair of socks haha, The lame part is not being able to use a coupon on a GR, it wasn't a QS or anything.

I asked a while back but does NDC do anything like a birthday coupon??

Not to mention my Milk's shipped with UPS 3 Day Select.  Is that new too? It's always been 10 days for me before. 

NDC has had UPS 3 day for as long as I remember... but recently they've been shipping out a day faster.

So instead of me getting my order that I placed on Saturday the following Wednesday, now, I get them on Tuesday.

NDC has had UPS 3 day for as long as I remember... but recently they've been shipping out a day faster.

So instead of me getting my order that I placed on Saturday the following Wednesday, now, I get them on Tuesday.
I think he means that he picked ground and then they ship it as 3 day select. That's happened to me a couple times but only when it gets shipped out late like on Tues. 

The 220 price tag though haha
I pulled the trigger man. You only live once.  Your turn...
devil.gif

Wow, my first ZK8.

I was skeptical like everyone else about the low cut but of course, like everyone else, was proven wrong  
laugh.gif

I'm sure most people in this thread know all this, but here's my mini review for what its worth:

The first thing you notice about this shoe when you step on the court is the extremely thick and luxurious padding in the upper heel cup area. This padding does an incredible job of holding your foot completely in place no matter which way you cut. The only real adjustment I had to make in going from mid-high tops to the lower cut was getting used to the snug  feel on the achilles tendon rather than around the upper ankle.This is minimal however and mostly forgotten about once you are in-game.

I tied my pair up real tight because I was afraid my foot would slide around with the unique material feel of the insole. This was not a factor whatsoever and I found myself loosening my laces after one game and feeling a bit more comfortable. The lunarlon insole is an entirely different animal than my typical preference of zoom air, but I am a huge fan. This insole is very lightweight and extremely responsive throughout the entire unit. One of the downfalls of zoom air (in my opinion) is that it only covers a relatively small surface area of your footbed and the outline of the zoom units can often be felt beneath you. Lunarlon solves this issue by being consistently responsive throughout. The wide lunar base made the shoe feel comfortable like it had the sole of a running shoe (which it essentially does). The cherry on top of the great stability and cushioning is the ventilation the engineered mesh provides. Traction is right in line with pretty much all other Nike Basketball releases this year, which has been top notch. 

Incredible shoe, highly recommended for any player with any sort of athleticism and speed looking to feel quicker. 
Yo, do you go to IU? That looks like the HYPR!!! 
Yes, I do! But this is actually a court at my health club, I'm home for the summer. I'll be returning in a few weeks for my senior year, do you still go to Indiana?

Alright let do it it this way

We're pretty much at the end of the Kobe 8 release with only the royal blues/barcas and graffiti's coming out.

I'm going to post my top ten

10)Superhero's

9)Gradients

8)Blue Lights

7)Pythons

6)Xmas

5)Red Snakes

4)Venice Beach

3)Mambacurials

2)Red Boas Milk Snakes

and Number 1)?

THE VOLTS

I think he means that he picked ground and then they ship it as 3 day select. That's happened to me a couple times but only when it gets shipped out late like on Tues. 

The default UPS Ground has always resulted in me getting my NDC package in 3 days. Now I basically get it in two.

Only thing the VIP coupons are good for now is an almost-free pair of socks haha, The lame part is not being able to use a coupon on a GR, it wasn't a QS or anything.

I asked a while back but does NDC do anything like a birthday coupon??
this... ive got tons of nike crew socks now in all variants lol mids, highs, lows, no shows. but hey, if they're free with the coupon, might as well grab em

We're pretty much at the end of the Kobe 8 release with only the royal blues/barcas and graffiti's coming out.

The Kobe line runs from December to November. We still have 4 more months to go for releases.

The Kobe line runs from December to November. We still have 4 more months to go for releases.

THIS.....we have a lot more 8s to go. Still haven't seen an Ace CW (Lord willing), no home or away. Don't know if the PPs/TB will drop here but we haven't had true TBs yet.

Last edited:
Yes, I do! But this is actually a court at my health club, I'm home for the summer. I'll be returning in a few weeks for my senior year, do you still go to Indiana?
I actually never went.  I have been up there a few times a couple years back to visit my brother.  He graduated from there 2 years ago.  I would go up to hoop with him, he was on the club bball team.  I am actually a Senior at USI, it is about 2 hours away south.  I might go up this semester sometime and maybe we could hoop!  

Anyone know of any places that have the Blitz Blue?  Looking for a size 9.  I'm also looking for the BHM but I know a place having that is more far fetched.

I'm going to post my top ten

10)Superhero's
9)Gradients
8)Blue Lights
7)Pythons
6)Xmas
5)Red Snakes
4)Venice Beach
3)Mambacurials
2)Red Boas Milk Snakes

and Number 1)?

THE VOLTS
wrong we'll prolly be getting 5 more shoes after the flakes

The shoe is indeed GC.

Apologies for not knowing, and a few searches didn't help me. What exactly is the difference in the GC and US releases? Is it worth the $220?  Thanks. 
I honestly don't think it's worth like $50 more in order to get the "full shozuku" and an outsole that is a little bid more durable.  Personally, I think the half shozuku looks nice.  When I showed my ex roommates my red camos when I first got them, they thought I got Halo shoes because they thought the shozuku looked like the energy sword from Halo.  Was pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom