OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

pulled the trigger on a pair of superhero elites. paid a little less than retail with shipping. 

decent, solid or so-so deal? 

is anyone with a pair (or multiple) of size 12 kobe's willing to part with their insoles?  i'm willing to pay a reasonable price for DS or worn a few times.  i need em for my King Pride's- i'd love to make them an everyday shoe but the toebox is a little to crammed and i heard a kobe insole swap does wonders.

Any reason why my NikeID XDR outsoles look different from the GC outsoles?

I thought they were both meant to be XDR?

I play 2-3x a week on outdoor courts, and within 2 months I've worn out the pivot point on my iD "XDR" outsoles so badly that I can see the carbon fiber plate coming through now.

Any reason why my NikeID XDR outsoles look different from the GC outsoles?
I thought they were both meant to be XDR?

I play 2-3x a week on outdoor courts, and within 2 months I've worn out the pivot point on my iD "XDR" outsoles so badly that I can see the carbon fiber plate coming through now.

That sucks. Someone compared the xdr id to a reg outsole and they were almost identical. They def arent as good as GC.

That sucks. Someone compared the xdr id to a reg outsole and they were almost identical. They def arent as good as GC.
Yeah, I really love the shoe. I was even thinking of buying a few pairs for future use because I hate the look of the 9's. But at this point I really can't justify paying for NikeID + overseas shipping just to have the soles go out on me in a few months.

Anyone know where to get legit GC's/pythons?

Yeah, I really love the shoe. I was even thinking of buying a few pairs for future use because I hate the look of the 9's. But at this point I really can't justify paying for NikeID + overseas shipping just to have the soles go out on me in a few months.

Anyone know where to get legit GC's/pythons?
I live in Taiwan and there are still some of these around - what size?

pulled the trigger on a pair of superhero elites. paid a little less than retail with shipping. 

decent, solid or so-so deal? 
Yeah thats a decent price. This is a PS size for my kid. I got mines for 190. There was def discounts on these but they never had my size.

guys any1 knows where i can find laces similar to the WTK factory laces ? their "rope" shape makes the kobe 8s look FAR better imo and i want to get em in more of my pairs ! 

Hey guys, it might seem a little dumb but would using my Kobes for the first time have much effect on the vertical? I actually have a vertical test on Monday and not sure I should wear my Kobes which are unbroken in or use my old shoes. Would that have any negative effect on my jump? Those are my first pair of Kobes so I have no clue how it will be.

Last edited:
They probably are too big. I got I.ds in a box that can barely hold them.my shoes were a lil squashed

Broke these out for the 1st time yesterday. Got a lot of looks and finger points.

I'd wear the ish out of the Prelude 8 if I had a pair.

But I gave up on the series after I failed to grab the only pair I really wanted, the Prelude IV.

Prelude 8s were actually kinda "meh" to me and I didn't care about the release at all, but they look good in that pic. Just not nice enough for me to pay those resale prices. Not when I like the 4s and 6s more.

Prelude 8s were actually kinda "meh" to me and I didn't care about the release at all, but they look good in that pic. Just not nice enough for me to pay those resale prices. Not when I like the 4s and 6s more.

Preciate it

Hey guys, it might seem a little dumb but would using my Kobes for the first time have much effect on the vertical? I actually have a vertical test on Monday and not sure I should wear my Kobes which are unbroken in or use my old shoes. Would that have any negative effect on my jump? Those are my first pair of Kobes so I have no clue how it will be.
If you're used to jumping in low tops you should have no problem. If not, just make sure to get a good warm up in before you start. I remember a few years ago when I busted out my first pair of Kobe 6s for a vertical jump test after having played in high tops all my life. Because I was already used to the feeling of jumping in lows from playing volleyball in court shoes, I wasn't as tentative about my jumping as I would have been had I never trained in lows before. In the end I saw a very slight increase in my vertical in Kobes as opposed to higher and heavier models. I imagine the 8s would work the same way

Back
Top Bottom