OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I have at least one pair of Kobes 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8 and 8 has been the best to hoop in imo. my rank would be 8,4,6. in terms of aesthetics i love the 4s first then the 8s but theyre pretty darn close. i only have 3 pairs of 8s but theyre probably the most comfortable hoopin shoe i have. 

disapppointed that the 9 low is mesh upper of the 8 with the 9 bottoms and midsole (a slightly thicker lunarlon). if the 9 low was flynit with the full length zoom with lunarlon, a la lebron xi, i think i would have moved on. i just don't see any reason to. the 8s have better traction and the lunarlon thickness is negligible. so why the 9 low? better cws? so far a big pass for me....

disapppointed that the 9 low is mesh upper of the 8 with the 9 bottoms and midsole (a slightly thicker lunarlon). if the 9 low was flynit with the full length zoom with lunarlon, a la lebron xi, i think i would have moved on. i just don't see any reason to. the 8s have better traction and the lunarlon thickness is negligible. so why the 9 low? better cws? so far a big pass for me....

did you plan on using these to hoop in because the zoom/lunarlon combo is garbage

Flyknit 9 lows are supposed to release in September.

Last edited:
did you plan on using these to hoop in because the zoom/lunarlon combo is garbage
yeah i think the only ball shoes i've worn casually are the AI's. for ball i love em but experienced some heel pain from the kobe 8s (got thin heel cups, which fixed it for me). for ball i switch from the kobe 8s to the Answer 1. 

from the reviews i've seen and read on other sites the zoom/lunarlon combo was being touted as the best or second best (the other being the unlocked zoom in the xx8 and xx8 se). 

I kind of thought "meh, they're XDR" and forgot about them, then one day I was taking them off and noticed the wear and well yeah.

I took a look at the Venomenon's, not sure if I'll like them. No local stores stock them so I'd have to order online, and based on reviews they're a heavily watered down version of the 8's right?

Do all Venomenon's come with XDR or is it only certain models?

Those have a lot of negative comments from the other thread.

I was definitely considering my pit vipers for regular outdoor use but after seeing your pic, I'll be keeping them in the box for a while :lol:

The season that was a disaster, a total mess, but Kobe used everything he had in order to ensure the Lakers secured a playoff spot.  

All this, he did, wearing the beautiful Kobe 8's.
including his health... 
mean.gif

It makes me sad to see how this thread has come to a crawl.  

For me, the 8's are my favorite Kobe Model.  They represent the last season in which Kobe was at the peak of his powers.  The season where Kobe showed us that at age 34, he was still one of the best players in the game.  The season where he silenced the doubters and haters, the people who said his skills were in decline.  The season that was a disaster, a total mess, but Kobe used everything he had in order to ensure the Lakers secured a playoff spot.  

The season where he had arguably the best dunk (Yes, even better than DeAndre over Knight or LeBron over Terry).

All this, he did, wearing the beautiful Kobe 8's.

including his health... 
mean.gif
Only to watch Coward Howard give up and walk out when them team needed a star

Dwight Howard is a glorified role player.

Time to UNDS the Superhero Elites this weekend for St Pattys Day.

Nice pickup. I passed on a DS pair of Easters in size 12 on eBay last week for that same price and have been regretting it ever since.

Anyone remember off hand the Latvian site that everyone was posting from here over the summer and into early fall? I can't remember it for the life of me...

Glad the YOTH didn't have hype lol. So clean, bought them about 2 weeks after drop!
Still haven't gotten around to wearing them though lol.

Whats the Reason the YOTH 8s didnt sell very Well? I think they pretty Clean.. IMO.

Some didn't like the yellow on em, some thought they looked to similar to the red exts, some had too many 8s already, some had other shoes to spend money on, etc.

Back
Top Bottom