OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Oh yea definitely ready to pick these up once they drop any idea if these will be up on Nike i.d before they release like the kd's.

Yeah I wonder if they'll be on iD before the official launch like the Lebron and KD. Would be great to see what potential the VIII has.

Long time lurker. Happy to be here! Hopefully, that pattern won't be on every colorway. Overall, not bad at all
smile.gif

I don't think the pattern will be on every colorway. The Mesh seems open to any print they want.

I think we should be less worried about the digital camo on every color, and more worried about what kinds of graphics they think of. I thought the frog and cheetah prints on the VII were corny and horrible

yea those new pics are lookin a lil better....still not feelin the pattern so much but im sure theyll drop some more plain joints

I liked the patterns on the VII's, I just don't like the way they executed the colors with the patterns. Example, ID VII's with the Dart Frog pattern look waaaaaaayyy better than what we actually got.

I'm also curious to see if the same people who handled the colorways of the VII's are going to be doing the VIII's. So many uninspired colorways. The Kobe IV's and V's are the reason the KD's and Lebrons are getting like 50 colorways, now Nike is slacking on the Kobe line.

Last edited:
Reactions: ct3
Are you people that are loving the shape of this shoe just wearing them for casual wear or what? Because the shape of that shoe looks like it would suck huge balls for basketball. Hopefully I'm wrong though and Kobe will give me a new shoe to play in.

I've said a lot of things about these Kobes. for me the absolute classics
are the 4,5 and 6 and that I couldn't pick which I liked most. I just had this
epiphany last night.

Kobe 5s are the best overall HANDS DOWN.

comfort
lockdown and fit is unmatched up until today
casual appeal
colorways

now if the Kobe 8 can somehow replicate, if not, come close to the zk5's performance...
I'd be happy and will buy a Jazillion pairs.

The Kobe VIII looks promising.

Are you people that are loving the shape of this shoe just wearing them for casual wear or what? Because the shape of that shoe looks like it would suck huge balls for basketball. Hopefully I'm wrong though and Kobe will give me a new shoe to play in.

Man, watch these be performance beasts!! Every model that nike has produced for the mamba has been perfect for the hardwood. If your a avid baller you'll know that the Kobe line is very successful in the performance area.

Man, watch these be performance beasts!! Every model that nike has produced for the mamba has been perfect for the hardwood. If your a avid baller you'll know that the Kobe line is very successful in the performance area.

Except the Kobe 7. Those sucked IMO

btw anybody saw this already? Kobe 8+ :nerd:
tumblr_mdgclk5FwB1qa7ck7o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
+ doesn't mean they will have the Nike + technology right? It means Supreme? I wonder if the two releasing a day apart will look different and the cushioning set up will be different. + has the removable lunarlon insole while the other zoom?

So no X'mas version this year or it'll be a quickstrike of some sort?

Sucks there's no early iD on these this year.

I'm thinking Nike should go all out on the Kobe being that the Year of the Snake is upon us and...Idk. Maybe that's why everything seems so tight lipped. Like a damn right before it breaks. Then comes the ensuing flood of product. Just a thought. 

one thing i questioned, is the traction in the shoe...hope it holds up good. from the pictures it has me thinking alot

The 7's were probably the worst basketball shoe I've ever worn in my life.

epiphany last night.
comfort
casual appeal
colorways
now if the Kobe 8 can somehow replicate, if not, come close to the zk5's performance...

QFT

epiphany last night.
comfort
casual appeal
colorways

QFT
+1 to all of that.

VIIIs are looking promising (let's see something without that pattern though), and I'm excited to see them have EM + Lunarlon, even if I'm not a big system fan. The one question I have, since I've never had a pair of shoes with EM, is how that material holds up for on-court use. Casually it's a non-issue, but most materials used on bball shoes don't have a ton of "give", like leather or the recent Hyperfuse/Flywire/Plastics trend. Can anybody shed some light on that?

Edit: Ah...nevermind, didn't realize it was completely new tech. Thought one of the runners already had EM, but just saw that it's being introduced as a new tech on some AM90s earlier today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom