OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The Pythons look pretty good. Might those be the Year of the Snakes? That link says they're dropping in China then America, so that can't be them, right? The Year of the Snakes will probably only drop in Asia, like the Year of the Dragons, yes?

Man these phytons are beyond sick. And here I am thinking before that those stripes at the back are like snake fangs,smh

WHOOOOH. those pythons are too nicee. just the colorway i was lookin for.

i doubt these will be the year of the snake, i have a feeling that nike will be selling colorways as models of snakes. ie. mamba, python, diamondback. if you look at one of nike's pics and it has avar's notes it says "2700 species of snakes". that's my only reasoning.

side note: if it matters chinese new years is around ~february 10. i dont know how nike usually correlates

The whole snake thing needs to stop too. The vi's played that out 2 years ago. Now they're just beating a dead horse. We get it, black mamba, hahaha... Sticking to the same thing just makes them look too similar. It also just limits they're thought process. Shoes aren't trash by any means, but nothing we haven't seen before. That sleeve thrash needs to stop though

Last edited:
http://www.nikeinc.com/news/nike-unveils-the-kobe-8-system#/inline/15902
We also have a "Python CW"!!
What they did with the sleeve to make it a shozoku is :smokin
Python CW:

via Nike

via Nike

Whoa...
Those pythons are just insane. That is def a colorway I can get behind! I'm curious about that sleeve, but i love the look of the pythons.

The launch CW is another game time decision. It hasn't looked any different since the first pictures we've seen. The look in person will make or break it for me.

"The Kobe 8 is about enhanced performance. It's the most comfortable shoe I have worn. It's simplistic but has an edge to it." - Kobe BryantLet's hope it performs well.

Another reason Im going to assume that each pair will have a different kind of snake resemblance (taken from nike's pdf):

Erick Goto is a graphic designer for the Nike Basketball footwear team and created the snake-inspired graphics for the KOBE 8 SYSTEM – including a multitude of distinct patterns for each pair that will release. “With 2013 being the Year of the Snake, it made sense to go deeper into the Black Mamba concept for this shoe,” says Goto, who has worked on Kobe’s footwear since 2008. “We worked with more of a modern, geometric interpretation of snake skin for the upper, and the unique tongue graphics give each pair of shoes its own snake persona.”

two stripes did a transformer to make a shozuko mind blown - somewhat half kidding...

definitely picking up a few pairs :smokin

Last edited:
Really impressed by the little details. Have a feeling they'll be super comfortable. I have no problem continuing the snake theme given that it's the Year of the Snake.

Last edited:
Finally what everyone has been waiting for! I doubt if i get the debut shoe but the xmas and pythons will be copped. Can't wait, the anticipation is killin me for those stained glass xmas 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom