OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

That sucks, but acceptable if full options are available from the get. Will give me time to design a few and not jump the gun on one I'm unsure of. Can think about it for a min.

also give us time to go to the store and try them on see if we think they will perform well.
I would hate to buy a pair and not like the feeling.

even though I think it will be ok from the developers video and what Kobe himself is saying, but it will be a matter of personal opinion

Didn't see these posted. Don't know much about them. According to the person who posted these on Instagram these are the Kobe Black Mambas. Not sure how I feel about them, but they certainly have potential. Anybody have any info on them?

Knew once "official" images/info surfaced more would like this shoe....those early samples/fakes don't do the finished product justice!!

Lovin those pythons.....those so far are #1 on my list....can't wait to see these Christmas day joints too!!

That sucks, but acceptable if full options are available from the get. Will give me time to design a few and not jump the gun on one I'm unsure of. Can think about it for a min.

also give us time to go to the store and try them on see if we think they will perform well.
I would hate to buy a pair and not like the feeling.

even though I think it will be ok from the developers video and what Kobe himself is saying, but it will be a matter of personal opinion

Another good point. With the addition of the sock which seems to be the same thickness as Elites, do we need to wear another sock along with the optional sock(still not clear if it serves as a sock or sleeve)? I'd hate to half size up to accommodate wearing the sock/sleeve and if i don't feel like wearing it it'll be half size big. I know they had a testing session last year in LA, it would be good to hold it again so NTers in the area can give feedback.

Didn't see these posted. Don't know much about them. According to the person who posted these on Instagram these are the Kobe Black Mambas. Not sure how I feel about them, but they certainly have potential. Anybody have any info on them?

Lower-priced spin-off or takedown like the Make Sense and Venomenon, probably Asia-only

love to see everyone on board with these now, lets just hope it doesn't make it impossible to get these :lol:

Much respect to your opinion. I just think that they didn't put the effort into the colorways with the VII's like they did the IV's, V's and VI's.
The VII's did have some nice colorways as you mentioned, however they canceled the Black and Volts, didn't get a Bred colorway and they didn't release the YOTD's in the US.
I can see where ur coming from, thought nike was dumb for not releasing YOTD and black volt wouldve copped the YOTD on the quicks

I'll say this the VIIs to me had a few horrible CWs too that sat and still do to this day 

Kobe 8 before yesterday - Most people thought they were trash

Kobe 8 after yesterday - Most people saying its the most amazing Kobe shoe yet

:rofl:

I was one of the people that HATED the "random" two stripes in the back.

When they released the photos that show they make the shozoku

Mind = Semi-blown

:smokin

Will cop the Kobe 8's
on clearance :smokin

no flywire hmmm interesting the Lunarglide 4 had dynamic flywire that provided excellent lockdown. Wonder how this will work out without it.

So can I please get clarity,....
the sock/liner is a cotton material (vs the neoprene style from the VIIs)???

I kinda like the idea of the sock material, seems like it would solve my issue with the laces pressing so hard up on the top of my feet without a "real" tongue.

I will say that I hope the fit isn't tight like the VII's because I was never able to break mine in and ended up selling my only pair.

Might give them a try when they release though....

So theres no info on which models will come with sleeves & different insoles or will it just be on Nike iD for the options??

So can I please get clarity,....
the sock/liner is a cotton material (vs the neoprene style from the VIIs)???

I kinda like the idea of the sock material, seems like it would solve my issue with the laces pressing so hard up on the top of my feet without a "real" tongue.

I will say that I hope the fit isn't tight like the VII's because I was never able to break mine in and ended up selling my only pair.

Might give them a try when they release though....

Could be a thin nubuck material. Really not gonna matter since the tongue is really thin on the 8. Might be better wearing an Elite sock on top of the optional sock/sleeve. Try on a pair of Lunarglide 4 or Pegasus 29, both have EM, you might fall in love with the 8 as well.

I personally like them. I think they look like they will be better than the VII in my opinion.  Looks lightweight and a lot more comfortable.

I might have to do my first ever ID on these,

For some reason this reminds me of the V with the lightness of the shoe. The V best performance kobe ever! These look so comfortable, dec 20th marked on my calender already

Im so tired of these patterns on the Kobe's. Simplicity sometimes is just as good. Solid colored uppers im hoping

Last edited:
A lot of talk on how the patterns on the 8's >> then the upcoming plain cw's! Just wait until the inline's drop. :smoking Classic cw!

Back
Top Bottom