OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

what the **** is nike thinking with this ********??? The signature shoe game is officially in the dump because nike owns too much of the market and theyve been complacent pushing out mediocre designs for awhile now and kids still gobble up all their **** regardless. These are straight atrocious, take off the Kobe logo and they look like some $49.99 volleyball shoes at the bottom of the rack at Sport Chalet that crackheads dont even look at :smh:

what the **** is nike thinking with this ********??? The signature shoe game is officially in the dump because nike owns too much of the market and theyve been complacent pushing out mediocre designs for awhile now and kids still gobble up all their **** regardless. These are straight atrocious, take off the Kobe logo and they look like some $49.99 volleyball shoes at the bottom of the rack at Sport Chalet that crackheads dont even look at :smh:

we don't even have official pics yet dude.. relax

wish we could see in these boxes :nerd:

Quoting you in case you want to change your mind later.

Quote all you want homie. Aint even trippn :lol: Kobe's that dude but I haven't bought a pair since the Vs. My frustration has to do more than just with the Kobe line. Kobes' looked the same since the IV's. Lebrons' looked the same since the Vii's. CPs Js have looked the same. Melos have looked the same. Its the same **** different year. RIP the creativity of the 90's and early 00's

Quote all you want homie. Aint even trippn :lol: Kobe's that dude but I haven't bought a pair since the Vs. My frustration has to do more than just with the Kobe line. Kobes' looked the same since the IV's. Lebrons' looked the same since the Vii's. CPs Js have looked the same. Melos have looked the same. Its the same **** different year. RIP the creativity of the 90's and early 00's

I would be lying if I said the Kobe line hasn't shared a similar look since the IV, that much is true, but I wouldn't say they look the same. The IV, V, VI, and VII have their own characteristics that define them along with some differences in tech (whether that tech is an improvement or is effective or not is always debatable). Some things on the shoes remained the same between years but compare the Kobe IV to the Kobe VII, they just don't look the same.

That's me though, maybe they are too similar to you to justify being Kobe shoe 3 years down the line from the IV. For me, the similarities are because the Kobe line has developed a sort of look to them. You can tell they are Kobe's shoes, aside from being a lowtop.

As to your earlier point of Nike having become complacent and pushing out mediocre designs, I agree somewhat. Mostly for me, it's the supposed technology included that is starting to feel like cheap tricks in order to squeeze out more profits.Nobody really asked for interchangeable insoles, and nobody really likes them. The elite line was unnecessary and overpriced. Rather than meeting demand they are trying to create it.

I would say, wait for official pictures of the actual court model before declaring the whole line stale and these to be generic volleyball shoes. All we have so far is a blurry look on the first page, and a lot of pictures of something called the Kobe 8 Lifestyle.

I would be lying if I said the Kobe line hasn't shared a similar look since the IV, that much is true, but I wouldn't say they look the same. The IV, V, VI, and VII have their own characteristics that define them along with some differences in tech (whether that tech is an improvement or is effective or not is always debatable). Some things on the shoes remained the same between years but compare the Kobe IV to the Kobe VII, they just don't look the same.
That's me though, maybe they are too similar to you to justify being Kobe shoe 3 years down the line from the IV. For me, the similarities are because the Kobe line has developed a sort of look to them. You can tell they are Kobe's shoes, aside from being a lowtop.
As to your earlier point of Nike having become complacent and pushing out mediocre designs, I agree somewhat. Mostly for me, it's the supposed technology included that is starting to feel like cheap tricks in order to squeeze out more profits.Nobody really asked for interchangeable insoles, and nobody really likes them. The elite line was unnecessary and overpriced. Rather than meeting demand they are trying to create it.
I would say, wait for official pictures of the actual court model before declaring the whole line stale and these to be generic volleyball shoes. All we have so far is a blurry look on the first page, and a lot of pictures of something called the Kobe 8 Lifestyle.

Yes I agree the Kobe's IV - VII have their own unique techs and differences that some feel enough to call it an evolution of his sig line (I obviously dont). And that "look" that the Kobes have developed to them is precisely my beef with the shoe game in general. Kobes, Lebrons, Melos, CPs, even all the Adidas Roses and Reebok John Walls have ALL looked SIMILAR the last few years. It's like you already know which look works for you and which dont so every year its the same line with minimal changes over and over. That's what I meant by stale. Takes the fun out of the anticipation of shoes. Look at shoes in the 90s, Jordan VIII and on never looked like the previous year's model. Pippens, Pennys, even the early Answers and Fila Hills were different every year- making the anticipation actually worthwhile.

Also, I should've been more clear: my comment of the volleyball shoes is directed ONLY towards those Kobe VIII lifestyles, not the blurry pics of the samples. I will reserve my judgment on the real Kobe VIIIs but if it resembles anything like those lifestyles its another year of easy pass for me.

Well if you play in the shoes there's very noticeable differences in the fit and performance among the whole Kobe line. So even though they may share similar appearances, they are completely different shoes.

This is the first time there has been a majority complaint on the performance of a Kobe model (the VII's). The II's had a lot of movement in the shoe and the III's had the tongue tore up your skin if you didn't wear high socks, the VI's also had to be laced very tightly in order for them not to slip off, but those were easily fixable issues that people could easily over look and in the case of the VI's, they were performance beasts on the court and still are.

The VII's looked great as far as the build of the shoe goes, but the lackluster amount of colorways helped tarnish the shoes reputation along with the many complains about the blistering. I still believe that most people just didn't give their pairs enough time to break in. I've heard many people say that the VII's are great performers once they are broken in. The best method I could think of is to wear them casually a few wears and then take them to the court.

I understand people aren't used to having to take so many precautionary steps before playing in a shoe and that's one of the reasons many people just write them off when it comes to performance.

I'd be happy if we got a shoe that looked as good as the VII's. All they need to do is go back to the colorways of the IV's,V's & VI's and make the system a little better like Jordan brand did with the 2012 as compared to the 2011 and the Kobe shoe will be back on top performance wise.

i like that the kobe line has consistently put out a great low top since the IV.... not that many great lows out there

I'm getting more and more impatient about the 8s as the lebron 10 started releasing colorways. C'mon nike give us at least a teaser pic or something :smh:

Last edited:
I have worn mine more then 50 times now and they suck still! I bring them to camp with me, theres a basketball court where I stay, I figured I would just bring them and they would eventually be broken in to the point where they were awesome! no such luck! They are just as bad now as they were when I got them. The 7 is a HUGE step back in my opinion. They look amazing, especially the first colorway, but They are the worst Kobe since the Kobe 2, Which were the worst Kobe I have ever worn!

I have worn mine more then 50 times now and they suck still! I bring them to camp with me, theres a basketball court where I stay, I figured I would just bring them and they would eventually be broken in to the point where they were awesome! no such luck! They are just as bad now as they were when I got them. The 7 is a HUGE step back in my opinion. They look amazing, especially the first colorway, but They are the worst Kobe since the Kobe 2, Which were the worst Kobe I have ever worn!
I would agree with this statement. I was not a fan of the VII at all!

The vii have good traction and lockdown but I have to admit the midsole is too stiff for my liking. Hopefully they will correct it in the viii

Well if you play in the shoes there's very noticeable differences in the fit and performance among the whole Kobe line. So even though they may share similar appearances, they are completely different shoes.
This is the first time there has been a majority complaint on the performance of a Kobe model (the VII's). The II's had a lot of movement in the shoe and the III's had the tongue tore up your skin if you didn't wear high socks, the VI's also had to be laced very tightly in order for them not to slip off, but those were easily fixable issues that people could easily over look and in the case of the VI's, they were performance beasts on the court and still are.
The VII's looked great as far as the build of the shoe goes, but the lackluster amount of colorways helped tarnish the shoes reputation along with the many complains about the blistering. I still believe that most people just didn't give their pairs enough time to break in. I've heard many people say that the VII's are great performers once they are broken in. The best method I could think of is to wear them casually a few wears and then take them to the court.
I understand people aren't used to having to take so many precautionary steps before playing in a shoe and that's one of the reasons many people just write them off when it comes to performance.
I'd be happy if we got a shoe that looked as good as the VII's. All they need to do is go back to the colorways of the IV's,V's & VI's and make the system a little better like Jordan brand did with the 2012 as compared to the 2011 and the Kobe shoe will be back on top performance wise.
I find the 2012 to be a bit high off ground and the 3 insoles system is just gimmick, the best insole is the fly over

/thread

VII's were terrible, wear them for casual? good for you but on the court these suck in almost every aspect.

/thread

VII's were terrible, wear them for casual? good for you but on the court these suck in almost every aspect IMO.

Fixed.

Now let's see, IMO the VII is equal the the V in overall performance. Support? check. Fit? check. Cushioning? check. (more people need to use the play strong IMO). Traction? check. Looks good? check. I absolutely love the VII on court, at worst, they tie the V for top performer of the line IMO.

Please speak for yourself regarding the VII, just because they didn't work for you doesn't mean they don't work.

Fixed.
Now let's see, IMO the VII is equal the the V in overall performance. Support? check. Fit? check. Cushioning? check. (more people need to use the play strong IMO). Traction? check. Looks good? check. I absolutely love the VII on court, at worst, they tie the V for top performer of the line IMO.
Please speak for yourself regarding the VII, just because they didn't work for you doesn't mean they don't work.

I agree that everybody has their own take of the 7s, but I still agree with most of what the people here say: The Kobe 7 system sucked in all aspect. I tried to like it, but everytime I play on the court it just disappointed me. :smh: And in comparison to 5? That's just disrespectful imo :lol: The 5 >>>>>>>> 7. the stability is my main issue on the 7s, that system crap made me felt like I'm wearing 2 different things on my foot. It's like wearing a slippers inside a sneaker :smh:

the 7s gave me blisters. thanks kobe system :stoneface:

Last edited:
If the first leaked photos are any indication of what we'll be getting I will be content..! I love Nike's line of soccer boots.. The upper on the Zoom Kobe VIII seems to have the same material for the upper that these cleats have, as well as others in Nike's soccer line up have. Lightweight material. Composite? 

As an example:

I would love to be schooled on the material that is used for such cleats and potentially the Kobe VIII.

Back
Top Bottom