OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'm not too worried about your posting a press conference and your claim of calling me out, where Dwight must say the right thing in order to maintain a good public face. It's no big deal, pure public relations. So you wont get the Dwight comment on record saying that he didn't want to play with Bryant, but it's been mentioned in print and on television by reporters such as Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith on First Take AND on NBA TV, AND by Barkley, Shaq and the crew on TNT. So I am good with that.

However, the fans don't like him, and many players around the league don't like him either. The only place he gets any love, is on Nike Talk, and then only on his sneaker thread.

Have a good one.

Sorry to break it to you but Kobe not only have the highest # of jersey sold worldwide but he's also the most popular player in China which have about 300 millions NBA viewers. lol 300 millions son lol that's almost the entire US population. Lol there goes your theory about the fans don't like Kobe and the only place Kobe get love is NT :tongue:

You lose

Last edited:
1st post here. Read through most of thread (aside for the non-sneaker stuff from the last few pages).

Big fan of the Kobe line since the IVs but limit my purchases to one a season (strictly for indoor ball).

Excited about what I'm seeing with the VIIIs so far but I've got some questions on the performance side for the VIIIs for those that may be more experienced with the tech being used this year.

1. Anyone have any experience with EM regarding breathability, durability or even the construction of EM? Can't seem to find much info on this tech or other performance models where Nike has used EM.

2. Has Lunarlon improved much since the IVs? Loved the IVs til they bottomed out and I hoped to play those IVs out for the rest of the season. Has anyone here picked up a pair of Hyperdunks or Hypergamers that can comment on the durability of the Lunerlon used in these models?

EM is really breathable and lightweight. The cons of it is that they are not really durable by itself and they get dirty fast since it's kinda like cloth material. You can feel the air go through the EM and it cools your foot. I'm looking forward in finding out how EM works on a basketball shoe.

Can't comment too much on the new Hyperdunks since I returned them same day after trying them on and the Lunarlon wasn't like what I expected. Kobes has better cushioning so Lunarlon should feel much better on these.

you guys do realize if somebody is annoying you in a thread you can either ignore them or report them and if enough people report the person they will get banned from the thread? i think i remeber seeing meth saying that in the san francisco giants thread....

If those are really the 8's Nike saved me money. Nike keep cheapening the materials on every release. The 8's upper looks like a mix of cardboard and paper.
I'll be gettin more KD V's then.

Last edited:
Even with those pictures, I will reserve my final judgement until the official pictures surface.

you guys do realize if somebody is annoying you in a thread you can either ignore them or report them and if enough people report the person they will get banned from the thread? i think i remeber seeing meth saying that in the san francisco giants thread....

Its not that serious but thanks.

There hasn't been a trace of the interchangable system.

The price is listed at $150, not 2 different ones.

It's strarting to look like the interchangable thing might not happen again. The shoe is called the VIII System though. Maybe the System concept is being retooled/expanded to something else.

I have a right to my opinion, just as you have a right to yours. The problem around here with people like you, is that you feel that the only people that should be allowed to have an opinion, are people who agree with you. .

The audacity of your hypocrisy :rofl:

This has been your MO for years

Would actually love if they gave insole options for Lunarlon and Zoom.

Still not 100% trusting of foam cushioning and zoom is my standard.

Could this be a preview to what we might see on the EM?
:pimp:
b_1352475053_113.jpg

For those of you asking about what EM is and how it feels. EM is used on the LunarGlide 4's. So go check those out. Although, the EM on the Kobe VIII's seem to be more basketball specific and looks more tightly knit.

this dude has been dying, DYING for responses to his foolishness. one of you took the bait and the text has snowballed.

ignore that clown.

For those of you asking about what EM is and how it feels. EM is used on the LunarGlide 4's. So go check those out. Although, the EM on the Kobe VIII's seem to be more basketball specific and looks more tightly knit.
I actually purchased some LunarGlide 4s on Tuesday, I ran 5 miles & some light boxing routines & I LOVE the EM really light, breathable & really wrapped around my foot (I have wide feet) but felt really comfy. The Basketball EM for 8s should feel amazing really looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom