OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

so any reviews for comfort in casual wear? i dont use any of my 30+ pairs of basketball shoes to play basketball in because i dont play basketball. i have 8 pairs of the 7s, 2 pairs of 6s and 1 pair of 5s and the 6s have been the most comfortable to wear. i didnt have a problem with the 7s after my feet adjusted to them and i broke the shoes in. the 5s are a little tight as well. id put them somewhere between the 6s and 7s in terms of comfort for me.

The length: True to Size
The Width: Runs Narrow
If your foot is wide order 0.5 size larger than your normal shoe size.
If your foot is regular or narrow width, go TTS.

Not feeling the Lebrons Xmas AT ALL. just gonna go for Kobes and maybe KD's.

Last edited:
These definitely run TTS if not a little big.

If you think these run small you've probably just been buying the wrong size shoes honestly

Anyway. I wish the insole didnt feel so weird :frown:

Last edited:
Do you mean weird as in the grooves jutting out in the bed of the insole? I don't understand why those are there they feel weird unless you wear really thick socks (like thicker than Elite socks).

i finally got around to trying these on.... By far these are the most comfortable shoes i have ever worn. The lunarlon foam sinks in quite a bit, I dont know how that will affect high impact landings ect. Obviously built for smaller guards of course. Also They seem sturdy enough to keep your foot well in place despite looking flimsy, Like a reversed Hyperfuse based shoe. The Tongue is a lot stiffer than it looks but offers the necessary padding. From the looks of the outsole and feel, I very doubt they will last very long outdoors. There only seems to be one Major flaw with these... The insert has NO lining.... and these are basketball sneakers, which means peoples feet sweat! and will slip inside I dont know if i even want to attempt playing in these as is because of that... Im thinking of gluing a very thin insert from a pair of VIIs to solve that issue.

Do you mean weird as in the grooves jutting out in the bed of the insole? I don't understand why those are there they feel weird unless you wear really thick socks (like thicker than Elite socks).
I tried on, walked around in them with elite socks and couldn't feel the shozoku print on my heel.

For those on here who have experience buying christmas/all star pack shoes from online retailers, how long does it take generally for them to sell out?

got bored and took some pic of the 8's today :D

Kobe 8 System by chaose57, on Flickr
my new wallpaper :smokin
:pimp:

2 of my homies hit me up about going to the vault for the Kobe pack so I got off the freeway to check if there was people there. 24 chairs on deck already, but there was only like 10 cats actually there. I guarantee atleast 20 of the 24 Xmas packs that are being released will hit eBay...smh...

I heard that the Vault has A LOT of pairs available.... more than 24. Its still stupid paying $34 extra for some $16 socks.

Word? What u hear, if u don't mind me asking?
well at least nike vault adjusted their price of the pack to $164. maybe because they said the shoes alone retail for $150 and someone called them out and showed a picture that they were only $140. so the socks end up only being $24. still not worth it cause theyre ugly.

Nike Vault@nikevault

We have A LOT of pairs but there are a few people outside already RT @afijany: what time should I come in for the Kobe holiday pack

the vault was trying to say that the Kobes were 150 until I posted a pic of the box in their post about the Christmas pack lol.

For all those copping at the Vault, you can thank me and S Dubl for laying the Mack down on Nike Vault on FB.

Now who wants to get me some :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom